Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 13:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> My only apprehension is how the lens would stick to the glass by just using a > water coating as mentioned in the literature ??

Liberally use water before sticking it. Take pains to remove all air bubbles and you will get a very clear lens. It will come off only if peeled off once it dries.

> @rjstyles69 - I found it easier to use the RVM's and maybe it takes time to get used to this concept. Well thats just me.

This lens and its added vision is to be used when you reverse the vehicle. When you look into the central rear view mirror, actually this lens is a hindrance and the door mirrors are tbe better option for regular use.

Last edited by trrk : 18th June 2008 at 13:06. Reason: adding a point
Old 19th June 2008, 09:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, it offers no benefit in normal driving as you are moving forward and dont need to worry about the back.

But this changes when you reverse and cannot see or know whats behind that "blind spot" of your vehicle especially for taller vehicles like the SUV's. It enhances your vision of the blind spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
> @rjstyles69 - I found it easier to use the RVM's and maybe it takes time to get used to this concept. Well thats just me.

This lens and its added vision is to be used when you reverse the vehicle. When you look into the central rear view mirror, actually this lens is a hindrance and the door mirrors are tbe better option for regular use.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
But this changes when you reverse and cannot see or know whats behind that "blind spot" of your vehicle especially for taller vehicles like the SUV's. It enhances your vision of the blind spots.
My best rear-view vision mirror, lens, all combined into one is my six year old son. He just jumps off from the vehicle and makes sure that his dad (who according to him is not an expert in backing into tight parking spaces) reverses into places properly. And I rarely go out in my car without the family.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

nice human device for reversing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
My best rear-view vision mirror, lens, all combined into one is my six year old son. He just jumps off from the vehicle and makes sure that his dad (who according to him is not an expert in backing into tight parking spaces) reverses into places properly. And I rarely go out in my car without the family.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
My best rear-view vision mirror, lens, all combined into one is my six year old son. He makes sure that his dad reverses into places properly.
Nothing to worry, as long as You keep your son happy
Mess with him and live the CandyMan ad
Old 25th June 2008, 12:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be a great car safety device. Where can I buy one of those?
Old 25th June 2008, 19:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
That seems to be a great car safety device. Where can I buy one of those?
DIY only
Not off the shelf.
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:50   #38
BHPian

Rear Hatch Mirror

While we have bucket full of camera related car backing up solutions but i am really struggling to find an Old School stuff like this which is so very practical and devoid of wiring..

Can anyone suggest a link from where something like this can be procured in India for mounting on Duster ?

MODS: Please merge if you already have a thread on this. I was unable to find using search option.
Attached Images

soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:58   #39
BANNED

Re: Rear Hatch Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
While we have bucket full of camera related car backing up solutions but i am really struggling to find an Old School stuff like this which is so very practical and devoid of wiring..

Can anyone suggest a link from where something like this can be procured in India for mounting on Duster ?

MODS: Please merge if you already have a thread on this. I was unable to find using search option.
I remember seeing a mirror like these on Alto's and Zen's few years back, but do not see them anymore. I wonder if they are really useful? Your best bet would be to try at JC Road in one of the numerous car accessories shop. I believe the old Ford Endeavor had this as a standard accessory, may be that would be a fit for Duster too.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:35   #40
BHPian

I had bought this item a few months back from ebay.in for my Liva. It cost me about 800 bucks (used Payback points). But was not not able to fit on the hatch door.
If one tries to clamp it on the top part of the hatch door (sheet metal) then due to the shape of the clamp it will be difficult to open the hatch door. It will surely result in damaged sheet metal of roof.
Alternatively if once tries to fit it on the side of the hatch door then the clamp has to be screwed it tightly over the blackened glass portion of the rear windshield which I found not worth since over tightening could lead to cracking of the glass.
Hence not used it and its still in the delivery package in new condition.
Old 2nd December 2014, 13:58   #41
BHPian

Sensors are cameras are too good a luxury, to look elsewhere. And wiring is not that complicated now.

If you wanna go entirely old school, just get a bull bar :P

You could fit an old School Mirror like this on the rear spolier. Even if you have to drill holes, shouldn't be that big a concern as on the body. The Mirrors should be available on most mid size Acc dealers, if not at the premium ones.
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I had bought this item a few months back from ebay.in
Can you please share the seller contact details and any details of the part in ebay ?
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Can you please share the seller contact details and any details of the part in ebay ?
Hi, just now checked. That item is no longer listed. The details are as below.
Was listed as:- Rear View Tailgate Under Mirror.
Seller:- rajatshoppershub

Thanks,
Rajiv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks