Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 21:43   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Dealextreme for the engine start button. As for the installation details, I just took off the steering-mounted ignition setup and adapted it to switches. It's just a bunch of electrical connections, don't know what other details are needed unless you want a complete circuit diagram.

I believe any shop which does installation of car-security systems should know how to do this.

Preset sequence using the brake and throttle pedals, apart from a couple of hidden switches which are normally used for creature-comfort accessories otherwise. Using Neptune EMS on my "standalone" Honda ECU.
I believe switch does not comes with any installation guide meaning which point for what. Is it that simple as pulling 3 wires from key ignition and attaching it to 3 terminals of button? or something more complex?

Taking off the steering-mounted ignition setup will be a difficult park as i dont know how to do it for my spark.

Please confirm if peddle password is a added security and not mandatory and can you please post some pics of wiring?
Old 21st November 2010, 11:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

I did not take pictures of the wiring. A multimeter is your best friend if you want to DIY.

Pedal and switch password protection is the only security as key-insertion is not required and without the password protection, anyone could just be able to break one of the windows, get in and drive away. At the end of the day, my system is probably more secure than a regular car because 1) nobody expects something like this 2) the wiring is completely custom 3) even if a thief were to get his own Honda ECU and connect that directly to my car, the car wouldn't run half-well because of my ITBs setup.

If you decide to go through with this, plan about the rest of the security in advance. And I do not know of other standalone engine management systems having this feature, let alone something for a Chevy Spark. The original post was to only show you that this is possible. Without the password though, it's just inviting robbery.
Old 21st November 2010, 11:34   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I did not take pictures of the wiring. A multimeter is your best friend if you want to DIY.

Pedal and switch password protection is the only security as key-insertion is not required and without the password protection, anyone could just be able to break one of the windows, get in and drive away. At the end of the day, my system is probably more secure than a regular car because 1) nobody expects something like this 2) the wiring is completely custom 3) even if a thief were to get his own Honda ECU and connect that directly to my car, the car wouldn't run half-well because of my ITBs setup.

If you decide to go through with this, plan about the rest of the security in advance. And I do not know of other standalone engine management systems having this feature, let alone something for a Chevy Spark. The original post was to only show you that this is possible. Without the password though, it's just inviting robbery.
You are right , Without the password though, it's just inviting robbery. I never thought about this aspect before. Even not sure if such security feature exists in spark.

However planning to source push button in mean time as it takes atleast a month to reach.

Further implementation really needs to be researched in depth.
Old 29th November 2010, 10:44   #94
Senior - BHPian

Indica Vista 1.2 Safire with engine start/stop button

This is sterling motors, Noida's vista 1.2 afire aura ABS demo car. Seen with something unusual-the engine start/stop button. The driver claimed that it costed Rs. 20,000 to install it. Mods post this to relevant section if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Push Button Start / Ignition-photo1481.jpg  

Push Button Start / Ignition-photo1482.jpg  

Old 29th November 2010, 10:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

I thought tata was introducing one as OE eqpt. What's its purpose, and why is it hidden?
Old 29th November 2010, 11:01   #96
BHPian

Wow! That is neat! I just wish the button to be placed on the top part of the dashboard (the void between the instrument console and the right AC louvre would be perfect). Nice find Sir.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:16   #97
BHPian

Is this an OE fitment? and why is it installed so low?
Old 29th November 2010, 11:21   #98
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I thought tata was introducing one as OE eqpt.
Seeing the thread's title and the "scoop-master" as the author, i was also of the same opinion. Sid, does it work?
Old 29th November 2010, 11:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

20,000?! Hahahahahaha

Now excuse me while I go and import a few hundred of these buttons and make myself a millionaire.
Old 30th November 2010, 00:22   #100
BHPian

20,000 bucks? These are available on ebay.com for 20-30$ a pop.
Old 30th November 2010, 04:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a cheapy one too and what a wierd position to place it.

Would not pay 20 bucks extra for this.
Old 30th November 2010, 06:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

This can probably be a keyless start, if not it is sheer wastage of money. What purpose then this gives.

Try to find out the real purpose and use.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why its placed so low...could be to start the engine from your thumb of your right leg. Its a keyless operation, I was told.
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:39   #104
BHPian

I saw a push-button start key fitted in a Maruti Swift. The car belonged to the manager of an aftermarket shop in Chennai. It looked very similar to the Nissan Micra button. I enquired about its cost, they told it cost Rs.8k. And it is not even keyless start. I discovered the possibility of such a mod, but found it expensive for its worth.

Anyone else who have tried this?
getsriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 20:44   #105
BHPian

Re: Push Button Start / Ignition

hi guys,
i was interested in doing this mod on my own. but didn't know where to get the electrical wiring diagram for indica diesel. my plan was as follows, please do correct me if i am wrong.
1. replace steering electrical with One toggle which puts car electrical's on.
2. push button start to crank engine.
3. car key only for steering lock.
4. auto cop to be left as it is in series to the starting system.

can anyone please help.

thanx a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks