Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 18:06   #211
BHPian

Re: Stanley leather seats - review please

Thanks for the pictures, Epic! Their quality of leather seems top-notch!
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:13   #212

Hey guys, I got 1.5m Scandinavian leather from Stanley Mumbai for my Honda city 09 fitted back in November '11 . It is charcoal black with electric orange stitching,il take some pics today and post them here. I opted for this variety of leather over nappa as I'd read about the elaborate maintenance the nappa leather needs, and also that this is preferred for automobile seats. At first I felt it wasn't as smooth and rich feeling as the nappa leather which I had sat in before which almost was a little slippery, but now after having used them for more than 6 months I have really come to appreciate the feel and fit of this leather and the support it gives. It is really way better than the art leather seat covers I had earlier by miles!! It's made my car a lot more comfortable to drive and sit in! With this leather the seats are also much more firm so even back support is better. Im sure it will come across in the pictures.And let me not forget to mention how amazing they look :P
Old 18th September 2012, 19:22   #213
BHPian

Re: Stanley Leather Steering Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Guys! Forget about Stanley and their stupid attitude, I got my steering done last week from a brand called Orchis. They have done an absolute tremendous job and outcome is like OE fitment. Apparently they do leather upholstery for Skoda too as OE I guess. Please check out this place as its total VFM and their instals are excellent.
Hey thanks for this. The pics you posted look great. The fit and finish is nice. Spoke to the guys and will be visiting tomorrow to check them out, probably get the steering done.

Can you post some details of the work you got done. Thickness of the leather, cost etc. how's the leather holding on?
Old 19th September 2012, 18:24   #214
BHPian

Visited orchis today to get the steering leather wrapped. After Stanley refused to do this in Mumbai, I had been scouting for someone who could. After I saw epic's post,decided to give these guys a try.

I am quiet satisfied with the work. Finishing is great, the steering feels nice to hold. The work was done in 1.5 hrs flat!

It's extremely economical too compared to whAt Stanley/Karlsson had quoted before refusing to do it. I paid a total of 1500 bucks. Handbrake wrap was done complimentary!!

Hope the Attached pics help others in Mumbai in case they want to get steering wraps done.

Did not enquire about seating though he said roughly it will cost about 30k.
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-image2833044910.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-image4059905505.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-image299537925.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-image900171929.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-image2931161495.jpg  

funkyp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 18:59   #215
BHPian

@epic and funkyp

Did orchis guys removed the steering to do the job ? and if they removed the did they set the airbag ring properly ? asking cause both of your cars have airbags and not setting the airbag ring right results in airbag light.

I wanna get the steering of civic re-wrapped in leather as its worn out and looks lil bad.
also could you please guide me as to where is ORCHIS exactly ? and do they send there men to do the work at home or we have to take the car to there workshop?
Old 19th September 2012, 19:17   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel
@epic and funkyp

Did orchis guys removed the steering to do the job ? and if they removed the did they set the airbag ring properly ? asking cause both of your cars have airbags and not setting the airbag ring right results in airbag light.

I wanna get the steering of civic re-wrapped in leather as its worn out and looks lil bad.
also could you please guide me as to where is ORCHIS exactly ? and do they send there men to do the work at home or we have to take the car to there workshop?
They removed the steering to do the job. First they disconnected the battery terminals. Then opened the steering, disconnected and removed the airbag assembly, then took off the steering. I had been away after that and the car was ready by the time I got back. No problem with the airbag light so far. Is there a way to check if they connected it back properly?

Orchis is very close to Kailash complex at hiranandani powai. You can also locate them on google maps. further details from there website. Not sure if they send people to get the steering. The work will have to be done at the workshop I guess.
Old 25th September 2012, 18:12   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Visited orchis today to get the steering leather wrapped. After Stanley refused to do this in Mumbai, I had been scouting for someone who could. After I saw epic's post,decided to give these guys a try.

I am quiet satisfied with the work. Finishing is great, the steering feels nice to hold. The work was done in 1.5 hrs flat!

It's extremely economical too compared to whAt Stanley/Karlsson had quoted before refusing to do it. I paid a total of 1500 bucks. Handbrake wrap was done complimentary!!

Hope the Attached pics help others in Mumbai in case they want to get steering wraps done.
Thanks a ton funkyp. I was looking out for a place to do the leather steering for the last few weeks when i read your post. I got my i20 steering done from Orchis. And he did an exceptional job. The fit and finish is top notch. I paid Rs. 1500 and with the handbrake cover complimentary. Other vendors were quoting around 4 - 4.5k for the same job. Highly recommended to all.
Orchis - 9870203580.
Old 26th September 2012, 13:58   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
Thanks a ton funkyp. I was looking out for a place to do the leather steering for the last few weeks when i read your post. I got my i20 steering done from Orchis. And he did an exceptional job. The fit and finish is top notch. I paid Rs. 1500 and with the handbrake cover complimentary. Other vendors were quoting around 4 - 4.5k for the same job. Highly recommended to all.
Orchis - 9870203580.
Congrats, and enjoy the new meaty feeling on the steering. i am loving it on my car. I am glad orchis continues to do and excellent job.

pls do post pics of the work done to help other members when they are making a decision about getting the steering done up in leather.

did you also enquire about seat covers?
Old 26th September 2012, 14:21   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Congrats, and enjoy the new meaty feeling on the steering. i am loving it on my car. I am glad orchis continues to do and excellent job.

pls do post pics of the work done to help other members when they are making a decision about getting the steering done up in leather.

did you also enquire about seat covers?
Will try and post some pics (dont have a good cam though). I did inquire about the seat covers. They start from 4k and go up to 30k depending on the leather quality. They also do wood finishing work for the car panels (door side panels, ac vents, central console and steering wheel). That would cost around 4.5k for the entire package he said.
Old 9th December 2012, 20:24   #220
BHPian

I had been planning to get seat covers for Polo for some time now, Initially I was inclined towards fabric based custom stitched ones, since I have had a bad experience with PU based leatherite/rexine/art-leather covers, you never know what material actually goes into them.
Recently I entertained the thought of going for genuine leather, given that I spend almost 3hours driving every day, I thought it would be worth it.

So I visited a Stanley boutique in Delhi, From the posts in the forum my impression was that their basic range would be around 20-30k, to my surprise they quoted a whooping 50k for the Classic leather covers alone! They didn't even try to convince me otherwise, indifferent attitude.

Next stop, I went to a local car accessory shop which also has dealership for Autoform covers, Apart from the art leather range (which is also shown on their website), they had genuine leather range, single tone.

The art leather range as they told could be custom ordered for color combination as well, but I didn't find any design to my fancy enough to do so.

The leather range is custom stitched to the seat, by removing the OEM fabric cover.
The quality difference was quite evident in a demo seat which they had put up.

They quoted 13k, 23k for two ranges of leather, namely Satin and Genuine, the latter being much more plush and softer than the former, the leather hides hanging for the genuine leather actually seemed much better and they seemed to have no PU/PVC mix as opposed to Satin.

I went for the dip and ordered the genuine leather ones in black for my car, the covers should arrive in a couple of days, and I have been told it will take atleast 4-5 hours of workmanship to stitch them. The final fit I chose was OEM fit, i.e. the cover contours would match the originals, the other option was a wrinkle fit, which would probably suit a chauffeur driven sedan.

Will post the pics the coming week after the installation.
envy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 16:37   #221
BHPian

Has anybody done leather upholstery for Scorpio, Safari or T-Fort kind of vehicle? How much more would it cost compared to a mid-size sedan (as that's the price being widely discussed here in this thread)?

Given the NVH levels of Scorpio, will it really make sense (i.e., the soft & suppleness nullified by the vibration & harshness) to go for one on a 4.5 years, 80k+ KMs old vehicle?

I'm at a dilemma whether to do this and keep the vehicle for another couple years or to look for a fresh set of wheels (I know this is a wide open question)! Appreciate the tips from the experienced t-bhpians.

EDIT:
Came across Fauji's update on Scorpio seats done by Karlsson - work is neat, however, price quoted was two years back. Any recent update will help a lot.

Last edited by GunMo : 12th December 2012 at 16:56. Reason: Found some answers (old) on different thread.
Old 12th December 2012, 17:59   #222
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me how much it cost to leather wrap the steering wheel of my ANHC? i want genuin leather and OEM like fit.
Old 12th December 2012, 22:40   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Can anyone please tell me how much it cost to leather wrap the steering wheel of my ANHC? i want genuin leather and OEM like fit.
It should cost you around 2-3k max.
Also i guess the pricing depends on the leather used.

Hope it helps
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 10:10   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Try asking the Stanley boutique directly:
http://www.stanleylifestyles.com/pune.htm#pune

You should get proper advice on what type of leather to go for and who can fit it for your car.
Old 13th December 2012, 10:27   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Try asking the Stanley boutique directly:
http://www.stanleylifestyles.com/pune.htm#pune

You should get proper advice on what type of leather to go for and who can fit it for your car.
I did call Stanley pune, but the instead gave me a dealers number, Rahul Enterprises on FC road, its quite close to my place so will go and check with them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks