Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Stanley & other Leather seat brands

A lot of people here have fixed stanley seat covers in their cars and recommending it to others. But I found it difficult when I tried to find out the reviews of their products. Those who ever has Stanley covers (leather, art leather or combination) please give your valuable reviews here.

Few points:

1. Is it worth that extra money?
2. How comfortable it is in summer?
3. Maintenance?
4. Color fade?
5. Tear easily?
Old 7th September 2008, 19:46   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
A lot of people here have fixed stanley seat covers in their cars and recommending it to others. But I found it difficult when I tried to find out the reviews of their products. Those who ever has Stanley covers (leather, art leather or combination) please give your valuable reviews here.

Few points:

3. Maintenance?
4. Color fade?
5. Tear easily?
1. Is it worth that extra money? : YES
2. How comfortable it is in summer? : Depends on how good the AC is
3. Maintenance? : Nothing i beleive other than cleaning. Very less if ac is always on
4. Color fade? : Dont know but if it does there is no point in paying hefty for that
5. Tear easily?
Old 7th September 2008, 20:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

1. Worth Extra money : A little less would have been better but a half hearted YES
2. Not only it depends on the a/c but for how much time the car is exposed to the sun, if much, it can burn you up.

3. None i believe, as long as you dont spoil it with food and all
4. Never heard
5. No!
Old 7th September 2008, 23:27   #4
BANNED

But does it fit properly like factory fitted one ?. I mean side panels, hand rest etc. I am planning to visit Stanley shop for my car.
Old 7th September 2008, 23:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Few points:

3. Maintenance?
4. Color fade?
5. Tear easily?
I would say it is worth the extra money charged. the quality of the work done is finominal and service is also friendly and helpfull.
It is very comfortable in the summers, staying in Bombay we dont have a winter you see .
The maintainance is just as you would do in any car. there are few rules you maintain that you dont spill (food, drink) in the car, if you do, do not be lazy to clean it instantly. these would leave a stain in any seat.
Colour fade depends on how long you have the car parked in the sun. this again is the same for any car.
tear depends on how rough you use it. this again is the same for any car seat.

@ Swageo they are made as per the frame of the seat. these are just like the factory provides and you wont make out the difference. People do send their BMW's Mercedes, Rolls Royces to them. Please go there and you would know what i am talking about.

Here is my seat for my 635csi. it is leather and matches to the original i had sent them. my Rolls seats are also going to them.
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-bmw-seat.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-bmw-635-side-seat.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 7th September 2008 at 23:50.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2008, 12:33   #6
BHPian

i have these in my civic for the last two years and have had absolutely no probs. quite tough, no fading. as for fit, make sure the installer does a good job. and only you can decide if they are worth the money. i think it is.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Of course it is worth the money. Ranging from Looks to ease of maintanance...
Quote:
Its pretty comfortable during the peek summers.
Quote:
3. Maintenance?
Mine is Cream in color. And I give if for wash (shampooing) once or twice a year (depending upon how dirty the seats have become). Just have in mind that I have 2 kids + they dirty the seats quite frequently (chocolates, biscuit powder + all other kids stuff). some time back my 2.5 year old daugther was taking drawing lessons in the car seat..... She had spilled milk, juices etc on to the seats. but the good thing is that these stuff goes off by a simple wash...
I cannot imagine, if this was a normal seat cover, the stain would been there just like that...

Quote:
4. Color fade?
Not in 3.5 years of my usage.
Quote:
5. Tear easily?
No signs of tearing at all in my seats...
Old 8th September 2008, 16:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
i have these in my civic for the last two years and have had absolutely no probs. quite tough, no fading. as for fit, make sure the installer does a good job. and only you can decide if they are worth the money. i think it is.
Do they have a website. I want to know the approx quote for my SX4. Any numbers for them in bangalore
Old 8th September 2008, 17:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Their website is :: Welcome to Stanley Boutique ::

The contact details given are

BANGALORE, Indiranagar:
4000/2A, 100ft. Road, HAL II Stage,
Indiranagar, Bangalore 560038
T 25357374, 4141261777

It's right next to Domlur flyover on the Indiranagar side.
Old 8th September 2008, 17:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Do they have a website. I want to know the approx quote for my SX4. Any numbers for them in bangalore
Just for comparison, I guess you should also look at Ceralli. I got my Palio done by them. Cost me 20K for seats, steering wheel, gear boot, hand brakes, door panels and rear speaker/parcel tray. No problems in the 9 months I have had them.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...her-seats.html

I went for them because:

1. They get the leather from the same source as Stanley
2. Total cost worked out much lesser. Stanley quoted 32 K
3. I felt that the fit and finish was as good as Stanley.

Cheers,

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2008, 18:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
But does it fit properly like factory fitted one ?. I mean side panels, hand rest etc. I am planning to visit Stanley shop for my car.
I know Stanley from the day one it started as its one of my family friends, it has got good value for money and it has amazing quality. Regarding the fitting oh boy he does for flights so you should guess how the fitting and the finish will be like. You have taken good decision by going to Stanley.

Check out the Sunroof which is available in Stanley, they look awesome and even the installation is better than company once.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 8th September 2008 at 18:55.
Old 9th September 2008, 09:54   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Few points:

3. Maintenance?
4. Color fade?
5. Tear easily?
Hi Madrash,
I have Stanley leather seat covers in my Getz from last 1.5 years. I got them done when i was in Noida. The person advised me to use some Amway LEATHER & VINYL CLEANER. I am using it regularly once in a month and it is maintained as new till now
That bottle contains Rich white, creamy liquid which is even effective on car interiors like dashboard, steering wheel leather or vinyl seat covers, etc.
I get this bottle from one friend in Bangalore who stocks this as this product is not sold in retail shops. Cost is around 250 bucks for 500ml bottle. One bottle last for approx 9 to 10 applications.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th November 2008 at 16:21. Reason: Will be sending you a PM.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:51   #13
evo
BHPian

Have had the leather in my elantra for 4 years now, cleaned every three months, looks like new! very decent quality I`d say.
Old 18th September 2008, 22:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have Stanley Art and Genuine leather combo ( Leather in touch areas and art leather in other areas) in my SX4. I am very satisfied with them. They are easy to clean and do not heat up like Art Leather stuff. Seat covers, door pads, steering wheel cover , gear knob and geat boot for my SX4 cost Rs 22K .
Old 18th September 2008, 22:43   #15
BHPian

Hey MadRash,
Got Stanley S.covers in my Innova (V).
1. Is it worth that extra money? YES
2. How comfortable it is in summer? I suppose Blore summers are not a benchmark
3. Maintenance?Minimal, Stanley even clean them for you free of charge
4. Color fade? No
5. Tear easily? No, I take my dog(a Lab) at least 1/2 times a month for week ends, Got seat covers of fake leather/rexine which I tie on,no problems whatsoever till now.
The main reason I installed leather is that the original seat covers were dog hair magnets.With leather, no problem cleaning (if you are a dog lover too, there is a whole forum on this on team bhp).
6. No damp smell in the monsoon.
IN CONCLUSION = A LITTLE PRICEY BUT WELL WORTH THE FINISH AND SERVICE

7, Get the steering, gear lever and lever shroud too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks