Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 19:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Impact sensors? How? I mean should impact sensors even be doing in a car? If you are driving the car, and if there is an impact (read accident) you are damn sure to know it without a sensor... And on a parked car, what use would would an impact sensor serve??
Old 25th September 2008, 19:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Someone trying to use a hammer to break the lock or the glass of course.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

But for that you have a motion sensor!! It will do the job perfectly!
Old 26th September 2008, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its better to let the alarm sound even if a human pees than to get your wheels stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
If we go your way, even if the dog pees on it, then it will blow the alaram.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yeah and neighbors will throw bricks at your car to kill it off for good - since its anyways such an alarming car.

I sympathise, but the above solution is madness.
Remember the Wolf story?
Old 26th September 2008, 16:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

thats why touch/ vibratronics sensitive systems are preferrred under such conditions than the motion sensor ones.

Motion sensor will detect every tom dick or harry passing by on the street, former will detect only upon touch/ vibrations.

I dont think dogs will pee on your vehicle every 30 min or so, unless they have a liking for your car or you virtually have an army of dogs near your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Yeah and neighbors will throw bricks at your car to kill it off for good - since its anyways such an alarming car.

I sympathise, but the above solution is madness.
Remember the Wolf story?
Old 26th September 2008, 17:42   #22
BHPian

Same thing happened for my Santro 2 years. I had holes in the steel rim so use to tie all 4 tyres with the steel chain and a lock. Set of 2 each. It was 15 mins exercise to do that but i had sound sleep.To ease the task i brought 4 cable lock(1 feet round flexible lock) and lick with chain. I am sounding but i felt it was the best solution in India
Now I had changed the house I stopped this ritual which lasted for 1.5 years
Old 26th September 2008, 19:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

aka,

where in dilli are u from?

PS: iit ke baad mba karoge toh nick badloge?
Old 27th September 2008, 10:56   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Setting the impact sensor to a high level of sensitivity will trigger the alarm when someone's trying to lift your car on a jack. However, I still don't recommend this as the slightest vibration (heavy rains, truck passing by, ball hitting the car) will set your alarm off.

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
What about locking wheel nuts, are these available in India?
is the best solution. My Jeep workshop had fitted a theft-proof bolt on the spare wheel. Only a special kind of spanner can be used to remove the wheel.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
aka,

where in dilli are u from?

PS: iit ke baad mba karoge toh nick badloge?
Presently i am in Bangalore
Good idea never thought on this
PS: Was my first email ID created by someone so i am attached with it
Old 27th September 2008, 15:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why you are are so scrared of motion sensor alarms. I guess it was set just right in our car... unless somebody gave it a thump or something, it would not go off. And Im sure if someone tried to remove the wheels, it would definitely have gone off. Simply walking by or even normal light touching, rains, etc did not make it go off. But yes, something like a heavy vehicle at high speed going close by would make it shriek. Loud crackers ditty. It was a small irritant, but really worth it if you have no other option to save your rims+tyres!

In my car, after so many years, I guess its sensitivity has gone down... now only a good kick makes it go off. Guess I should get it adjusted again.
Old 28th February 2009, 22:42   #27
BHPian

New trend in car theft.

Today morning, i witnesed a new trend of car theifs in NCR. Rather than taking away the car these guys are more interested in wheels. All the for wheels of my santro were missing, along with wheel of two other cars. The car was resting on ground without any wheels. Santro being the favourite of these theifs as out of thee, two were santro.
I Am not sure from where to get new rims in Delhi, i dont think any delear would be having spare rims as no one needs them until now, and how much they will cost ?
All the for tyres (bridgestone)were almost new(done some 8 thousand kms).

any clue from where i can buy new ones ??
Old 1st March 2009, 09:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

who said the dealers don't have new rims?
all hyundai service enters keep new rims and you can get all four rims, brand new at any hyundai workshop.

approx cost o each rim is about Rs. 650-700+ tax.

as far as tyres are concerned, OEM tube type bridgestone S322 tyres are also available for santros at workshops.

i would suggest you to get an FIR lodged and talk to your insurance guy "cause i have heard that insurance covers up wheel and tyre theft also.

if not, you have to pay approx rs 8-9000 for a set of 4 new oem tyres.
Old 1st March 2009, 14:47   #29
BHPian

have heard of this way before. but this just so sad for the person who bears the brunt.
M sure you can claim insurance . you are eligible for cost of stock wheels I believe.
Old 1st March 2009, 15:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Today morning, i witnesed a new trend of car theifs in NCR. Rather than taking away the car these guys are more interested in wheels. All the for wheels of my santro were missing, along with wheel of two other cars. The car was resting on ground without any wheels. Santro being the favourite of these theifs as out of thee, two were santro.
I Am not sure from where to get new rims in Delhi, i dont think any delear would be having spare rims as no one needs them until now, and how much they will cost ?
All the for tyres (bridgestone)were almost new(done some 8 thousand kms).

any clue from where i can buy new ones ??
Hey You can use Locking Wheel nuts, so it won't be easy for the thief to unlock the nuts and remove the whell with a standard spanner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks