Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 12:01   #61
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
My 03 Corolla master key seems to have worn out. I have to struggle for it to turn to the ACC position in the ignition cylinder whereas the slave key works just fine. Called Toyota A S S today just to find out that a Toyota Corolla Master Key would cost me Rs.5000/-

This price is for the Master key which doesn't come with a built in remote like the Skoda. So I don't think Skoda is the only one out there to rip their customers off!!

O T : Any solution for Toyota Keys??
I think you should just get them made from the chabiwalla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Honda is charging Rs. 5000 for 1 key and is giving a complimentary 2 month wait period and a police report stating that you've lost your keys along with it.

for 3 keys and a new locking tube and new ECU code it's Rs. 16000.

Honda in the US is charging USD 100 which at todays exchange is Rs. 4643.01 for a single key. So India isn't that bad...

Also bear in mind that these keys have coding chips in them similar to i-CATS, which means that keys machined by locksmiths/keymakers will not start the car [It'll do everything else just fine...]

In the US Accord blanks cost USD 55, then I have to get it cut and programmed by Honda here in India...So the cost is for the whole package not just for the fancy "Made in China" key fob...

cheers:

PS: Skoda is definately a rip off...European budget brand trying to be premium! Oh and Skoda is very much there in Singapore, Superbs are good taxis
Hehe, the chabiwalla here said that my key needs two codes to start and he has only one and he`ll get another one by a months time. Guys in Delhi, any idea if there is someone who can make it?
Old 30th September 2008, 16:07   #62
BANNED

ok i just came from honda and she said to replace the key or civic with autocop it costs rs. 25ooo/- some one please find out if this is for real or she was on dope there. i am shocked now. this whole safety thing is playing against consumers by paying the company so much money for a freaking key
Old 30th September 2008, 16:11   #63
BANNED

to make matters worse i have had my cvt's doors lock systems changed 2 times this year itself. main problem was front door and then dicky. both diff times. i got new 3 keys and all locks changed from honda last week. free of cost thank god to extended warranty...
Old 30th September 2008, 19:56   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
For the swift, I think you can easily get the keys cut from a chabiwala.
How will that work - it has an immobilizer!!!
Old 30th September 2008, 20:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Anyone in Mumbai wants a key that he has lost , I could help you.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you get cielos for 8 grand? where?
Saw one in Delhi..ok it was in horrible condition but hey it really was 10k!
Old 24th January 2013, 16:39   #67
BHPian

Re: SKODA key at Rs.8000?

Its not just Skoda. In Pune, DSK Toyota quoted 15K (!!!) while Sharayu Toyota quoted 10K for a duplicate key with remote for my Corolla. How can the prices be so different with 2 different authorized dealers in the same city?
Old 24th January 2013, 17:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
Its not just Skoda. In Pune, DSK Toyota quoted 15K (!!!) while Sharayu Toyota quoted 10K for a duplicate key with remote for my Corolla. How can the prices be so different with 2 different authorized dealers in the same city?
Both are looting! One consolation is that DSK and Sharayu have not formed a cartel to charge 20K.
Old 24th January 2013, 17:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Both are looting! One consolation is that DSK and Sharayu have not formed a cartel to charge 20K.
Oh I've had a horrible experience with DSK, which is why I turned towards Sharayu. Not sure if there is any thread on TBHP to alert other people about their loot.
Old 24th January 2013, 19:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
I need to get a duplicate key for my RS, called up the "nice" skoda dealer, and their best quote is Rs.8000!!!!

Is it true? Are these keys really that expensive?

Can someone point out if there are guys in Calcutta who can make the so called immobiliser keys? I have already tried one place called keyworld.

Guys from Delhi, if you know a place then pls let me know as I keep travelling there.

I`m waiting for the official estimate from skoda, but 8000 is a crazy price!

Mods, where does this thread belong? If not here, then pls do the needful. Thanks

Thats abnormal. I have ordered for a new key from Dakshin Honda and they said it will cost 4k for remote one and 2.5k the for remoteless. I think, they will make it with Carbon Fibre and Platinum for you .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks