Team-BHP - Key lost : Now what?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Key lost : Now what? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/47192-key-lost-now-what-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthian (Post 3906681)
What is the solution to this? Is not the company liable for their mistake?

Who suggested you to replace parts at your cost? The dealer or Hyundai itself? If it's the dealer, talk to Hyundai directly and report the dealer's shenanigans.

Ideally, Hyundai (parent company, not dealer) should be able to supply you a duplicate key programmed to your car's immobilizer at a nominal fee. It doesn't really matter which of the two (dealer and parent company) messed up with record-keeping, you shouldn't have to pay anything besides cost of the replacement key.

Do not agree to anything else.

You can keep your communication alive with Hyundai but as a workaround, you can check somebody in your city who can duplicate your immobilizer ID chip to a new blank one. The chip is not expensive and can be bought online for a 200-300 rs. I have a i20 and it takes the below ID chip ad should be same for Santa FE

PCF7936AS ID46 Crypto Blank Unlock Transponder Chip

I have been talking with the dealer only. He has suggested that i write to them stating that i would not be able to bear the charges and with such a letter they would see if Hyundai could do something. The way i figure it is that at most they can charge me for the cost of a duplicate key but asking for 90K is ridiculous.

Who should i contact at Hyundai?

Did you buy your car from this dealer? Have you tried approaching another Hyundai dealer with this problem? If not, please do so.
If another (unrelated) dealer offers the same solution, you'll at least know the situation is genuine and not one dealer feeding you BS to make a quick buck.

If you don't get a satisfactory resolution at dealer level, write/talk to Hyundai directly. Contact options listed here.

You could also try approaching the T-BHP moderators, in case they're able to point you to someone more specific.

My 2012 i20 Asta's remote stopped working last year. I changed the cells too but of no use so i went to Mithula Hyundai in Mira Road to get a new remote. They flatly refused to provide a new remote and gave me a list of things which needs to be changed like all the locks and immobiliser and a set of new remotes. They quoted 38000 including labour and taxes. I am not ready to shell so much just for a remote and have decided to manually lock and unlock the car till i find a cheaper solution to this.

Try to send a mail to all the below ids. (One of them should sort out the problem)
crsales@hmil.net
crservice@hmil.net
amitmaggon@hmil.net,
rohit.fernandez@hmil.net,
tanitoberoi@hmil.net,
arvindsaxena@hmil.net,

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 3906971)
Try to send a mail to all the below ids. (One of them should sort out the problem)
crsales@hmil.net
crservice@hmil.net
amitmaggon@hmil.net,
rohit.fernandez@hmil.net,
tanitoberoi@hmil.net,
arvindsaxena@hmil.net,

Thank you for your courtesy in giving contact details. However, mail of amit maggon, rohit fernadez, tanit oberoi, and arvind saxena have all bounced back. Maybe the mail ids have changed?

Just to update the status and thank all for their timely help.
Sent mail to sales, service of Hyundai. Sent a letter to the dealer.
The dealer sent a mechanic and he reprogrammed the spare key in 5 minutes. The PIN was different. He re-programmed both the keys. Claims that every key and engine comes with two codes.
While i don't know whether that is true or not, fact remains that the work was done.

A big thank you to all who took time and effort to solve the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthian (Post 3908709)
....The dealer sent a mechanic and he reprogrammed the spare key in 5 minutes.......

Good to know, wonder how it suddenly became possible for the dealer;)

Dealer BS apart, if online articles - including some Hyundai OEM info found on Google - are to be believed, it isn't very difficult to do this at a dealership level. Only needs their OEM scanner tool and can be done via the OBD port in a few minutes. The system is reset to accept a new pair of keys, so old pairing info is apparently irrelevant.

For DIY inclined folks, there are instructions available for pairing keys to the ETACS/BCM module installed on the vehicle.

P.S. If anyone chooses to go DIY, please follow instructions properly and do it at your own risk, of course:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthian (Post 3908516)
Thank you for your courtesy in giving contact details. However, mail of amit maggon, rohit fernadez, tanit oberoi, and arvind saxena have all bounced back. Maybe the mail ids have changed?

Sorry to know that.
Had mailed them once in 2011 and the problem was resolved in no time.
May be they all have left the organization now.

Will check if I can dig up some active source now.

Anyways, glad to know the problem has been resolved.

Guys, I need some help / Advice, One of my VW key though not lost isnt working properly, It basically drains the key fob battery again and again, VW have denied replacing it under warranty, And a new one was quoted at an estimate price of 25k which i think is quite steep! Now after googling a bit more about this issue it seems to be a common problem in VAG cars where the keyfob would drain the battery in the span of 2-3 days, Which exactly is what happening with me.

Now i found keys on aliexpress which just needs to be sycned with the car to work, Though i am unsure about it, Is there any other way someone has tried? Or least can someone tell me the price they had to pay for their VW key if it was lost or gone kaput.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3910203)
Now i found keys on aliexpress which just needs to be sycned with the car to work.......

Online VW troubleshooting documentation indicates this can be done through VCDS, but you'll need to know your immobilizer's PIN. Your dealer can also do it but will probably refuse unless you buy the key from them too.

Here's one link with detailed instructions, includes an embedded YouTube video. You'll need someone well-versed with using VCDS to do this.

Quote:

Guys, I need some help / Advice, One of my VW key though not lost isnt working properly.

can someone tell me the price they had to pay for their VW key if it was lost or gone kaput.

My sister's driver lost the key to her Polo. So the VW guys replaced the ignition key assembly and gave her 2 new keys. (Manual). Charged her 8k.

Next day the driver found it on top of his water tank. :uncontrol

Remember the normal OBD reader does not allow you to reprogram the ECU. You need an ECU reader/writer.

Just my tuppence worth. If you write to Hyundai (I guess it is the same for all manufacturers) the first thing they do is to forward your mail to the dealer. I know for sure that I had a problem with the rear suspension of my Accent going bad twice, the second time within 15 days. I wrote to Hyundai, I get a call from the dealer'a ASS two days later. They took the car in, replaced the entire rear suspension foc, and the problem was fixed. What the 'boss' said is that since Hyundai have now authorized so we are doing the entire rear end as a precaution.

Quote:

Guys, I need some help / Advice, One of my VW key though not lost isnt working properly, It basically drains the key fob battery again and again, VW have denied replacing it under warranty, And a new one was quoted at an estimate price of 25k which i think is quite steep! Now after googling a bit more about this issue it seems to be a common problem in VAG cars where the keyfob would drain the battery in the span of 2-3 days, Which exactly is what happening with me.

Now i found keys on aliexpress which just needs to be sycned with the car to work, Though i am unsure about it, Is there any other way someone has tried? Or least can someone tell me the price they had to pay for their VW key if it was lost or gone kaput.

Look up key masters in Team Bhp directory and ask them if they can make a duplicate key etc. They managed to make my Civic's key in 30 mins flat with remote for around 3k.