Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 06:59   #31
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Guys i need suggestion to use a Green STORM or WIND filter? Which of the two models suit the DDIS better.
The green wind is recommended. Green storm is for cars having 100 bhp+ stock.

Old 19th November 2008, 09:56   #32
BHPian

Thank's bad boy!

Rippergeo:Harsh87 on this forum has used both of them and he told me he has used both of them and finds better performance with the Storm filter,He says wind is kind of small for the car,According to him the stock intake box will get more air than wind (surface area or radius calculation),On the other hand pete's reccomends wind..The problem is i have a packed Wind filter+dynamization kit with me,i was about to get it fitted but then this came up.So right now i can swap and get a new storm filter.Advice please.

EDIT:He also has a pete's box in his ddis,even i want one too

Last edited by noidaboy : 19th November 2008 at 09:58.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

The alloys are real nice. My favourite design !! Looking very nice on the car. Have fun, drive safe !!

Cheers
Old 19th November 2008, 10:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sanyam does have taste, The problem is that it changes quite often. Getting him to stick to these was a task in itself. Anyways, Good choice noidaboy.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

I like the design but somehow they look smaller than 15`.

@Noidaboii - Time for a pete`s box.
Old 19th November 2008, 19:57   #36
BHPian

LoL m4ugr8.

@faithless

yes i know 15" + lip makes the rim look smaller,i didnt have much choice i liked the rim alot,and these were not there in 16".Im fine with this decision i know not the best looking one's but yet a bit unconventional,check them out in real life may,They are decent

Thank you Ricky_63

Last edited by noidaboy : 19th November 2008 at 19:59.
Old 19th November 2008, 22:31   #37
BHPian

A few more snap's,pardon the pic quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo3.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo2.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo5.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo11.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo12.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo13.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo14.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo6.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo8.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo16.jpg  

Just another SWIFT DDIS!-photo10.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 19th November 2008, 22:50   #38
BHPian

Nice choice of wheels buddy. Well executed plan of getting the tires and 15' stock rims and then the alloys.
Old 20th November 2008, 07:22   #39
rippergeo

Quote:
Thank's bad boy!

Rippergeo:Harsh87 on this forum has used both of them and he told me he has used both of them and finds better performance with the Storm filter,He says wind is kind of small for the car,According to him the stock intake box will get more air than wind (surface area or radius calculation),On the other hand pete's reccomends wind..The problem is i have a packed Wind filter+dynamization kit with me,i was about to get it fitted but then this came up.So right now i can swap and get a new storm filter.Advice please.

EDIT:He also has a pete's box in his ddis,even i want one too
I use the Tuning box+wind. Have had no issues so far. but if Harsh has tried the Storm and found it better....Maybe he is right. I'd still prefer to go with peter's advice. There must be a reason why he's recommending the less expensive air filter for Swifts. Talk to him.

Old 20th November 2008, 08:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

@ noida boy -nice rims
Old 20th November 2008, 23:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I use the Tuning box+wind. Have had no issues so far. but if Harsh has tried the Storm and found it better....Maybe he is right. I'd still prefer to go with peter's advice. There must be a reason why he's recommending the less expensive air filter for Swifts. Talk to him.
I think i get the point

Is there a harm of any sort if a bigger filter is used? May be a bigger filter wont add on to a performance but is there any harm of any sort?
(just for the sake of knowledge)

There is good price difference in prices of both the filters + dynamization kit.

Do i need to replace or add any intake pipe to fit this?

@akshay
Thanks
Old 21st November 2008, 00:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I think i get the point

Is there a harm of any sort if a bigger filter is used? May be a bigger filter wont add on to a performance but is there any harm of any sort?

There is good price difference in prices of both the filters + dynamization kit.

Do i need to replace or add any intake pipe to fit this?

@akshay
Thanks
A bigger filter won't do any harm to your engine or its performance. No intake pipe needs replacement. You just need a silicon or rubber coupler that mounts on the MAF sensors collar on one side and the filter on the other.

Here is a picture for reference.
Just another SWIFT DDIS!-p12.jpg

The dynamisation kit has not been fitted yet. There's a small plate that extends from the battery's mounts that needs to be removed.
I think it won't be necessary if you fit the 'wind'
Old 21st November 2008, 00:33   #43
BHPian

Ok boy! Il see ya soon for installation assistance then,Where do i source the coupler from?

Arush told me some pipe needs to be replaced.
Old 21st November 2008, 06:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok boy! Il see ya soon for installation assistance then,Where do i source the coupler from?

Arush told me some pipe needs to be replaced.
Hey Noida Boy those wheels look slick. even i have been looking for wheels with lip would you be able to guide me through to a shope or a showroom that has a range of good alloy wheels. i would like to get them for my wagon r
Old 21st November 2008, 12:19   #45
rippergeo

Quote:

I've read somewhere that smaller engined cars will suffer from loss of low end torque if the cold air intake lets in too much air at the revs close to idle. but conversely performance becomes much better at top range. dont know how true that is. wish I had bookmarked that page for closer scrutiny by experts.

currently- my car keeps up with traffic in 4th gear at 1000rpm(30-40kmph) and pulls from there without fuss all the way to 120-140

If we can get roll on timings in 4th from 40-140 with the bigger filter and pete's box in setting 1, we could possibly settle this dispute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks