Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

morphin: White will not be a problem to maintain. I personally think the 3 looks best in white. Titanium silver is my 2nd choice, the only advantage here is that scratches show less on silver if any.
Btw, what is color is terra? grey?
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:46   #17
BHPian

I think terra is reddish.
Will confirm by tomorrow.
Also the dealer who does not have the white car says the white is non metallic and that in a few years it will turn yellowish ?Is this true as this sounds complete foolish to me.
I am not gunning for the silver as all my 3 cars are silver bought with the same logic of safe color hehe.
Black and monaco i reckon will be a problem to maintain.
So what now?
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Also the dealer who does not have the white car says the white is non metallic and that in a few years it will turn yellowish ?Is this true as this sounds complete foolish to me.
God has given us two ears for a reason, to hear from one and remove from the other

It's complete hogwash. I have had several white cars in the past, none of them turn off-white!

Monaco blue is a nice color but like black it's a pain to maintain.
Settle for the white, since you have silver already. Although I don't think they have any redish interiors offered in India. Terra could either be grey which was later replaced by tan, both are nice colors.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

Terra is a yummy colour. It's reddish orange colour. I absolutely love it.BMW 3 series, Ice aftercare, accessories, etc-534d1137477651postpicsterrainterior1terrawalnutinteriorfnt.jpg

BMW 3 series, Ice aftercare, accessories, etc-terra_interior.jpg
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:41   #20
BHPian

yes Terra is awesome and gives a very sporty touch to the car. Unfortunately i am not getting that option with the Exterior color that i want.
Morphin, white is a very good color, Very elegant and you can easily rely on BMW paint quality. If White Hyundai Accent can stay unfaded for 7 years i am sure BMW can.
I find Silver very boring, frankly.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:52   #21
BHPian

wow vids.
thanks for that.It does look very different and awesome.
Old 2nd December 2008, 23:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
2. Can i also have the alloy's changed and if so then where can i get better for my 320D?
(Do i get a refund for the above changes?)
Hi,
I think warranty will not be a problem.....Have you got this months ACI???
Reg Alloys what size you are looking for????

Regards,
PJ
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
I paid around 42K for the bluetooth kit for my 530d about 3 months ago.

Now for my 320d, they are quoting around 50K, I don't understand why such a huge difference.....btw the bluetooth kits are common for the 3 and 5 series.
The change in prices is affected by Competition. Wait for the new 3er & you might have it as standard.

Sadly, life's like that bro. The moment you finalize your best deal, a better deal is waiting.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok spoke to the dealer today.
The bluetooth is for about 30k.
Now there are limited colors available for the cars i will write them below:
1. 325i Black Ext/ Terra Int
2. 325i Silver Ext/ Black Int
3. 320dH White Ext/terra Int
4. 320DH Silver Ext/Beige Int
I am not looking for silver beige combo as beige wears out real quick and becomes dirty.
I am leaning towards black or terra interiors but is white Ext going to be a problem maintenance wise?
What color combo would you guys go for?
Also changing to tubeless does not void warranty. I was also told by the dealer that If I buy from Gurgoan I can have it serviced at Bird Mathura as services are offered by BMW and not individual dealers. This is awesome. He said BSI ultimate etc are BMW centralized services/feature and that dealers won't be a limitation.
Cheers and waiting for all your timeless inputs .

The above highlighted combination are the ones of my choice
About the tyres - its nice to hear this !!

All the best for your new car !!

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:06   #25
BHPian

Hi all,
This is to clarify you all more on the obnoxious price differences in the Bluetooth retrofit.

Recently i put in an IPOD retrofit to my 5series. The showrooms guys said it would cost me around Rs.55-60k inc. of taxes.and they said 4 hardware parts and 1 software coding was required.

Later on, i imported the ipod Retrofit kit from the US, and i saw that out of 4+1 parts BMW asks here for ipod retrofit, half of it is already in the car!
I just had to put in a box, and get it coded.
Got the whole retrofit thing done for Rs.20k!

Same goes with Bluetooth. Some showroom guys might tell u to go for the entire kit, wherein u dont require (as u already have on ur car) half hte parts in that kit! While, some dealers who want your money, before u become smart and shell it elsewhere, will directly sell u only the parts needed to your car.
Hence the pricing difference. I find this a very unethical practice by BMW in India.

I suggest you go to RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog and check in their online parts catalog as to what all u need for the bluetooth retrofit. It will provide u part numbers and photos. Please get a list of parts (part numbers) that has to be fit in ur car for the bluetooth first from the dealer, and compare it here.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:04   #26
BHPian

@ ID: It all depends upon the specs. There are cars that come prefitted with Betooth preparation. (Option code SA 0644 if I remember correctly). With a pre-prepared car, your expenses will be lesser.

The best way out is to ask the dealer to build a chassis specific quote. There you go!
Old 5th January 2009, 12:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
The change in prices is affected by Competition. Wait for the new 3er & you might have it as standard.

Sadly, life's like that bro. The moment you finalize your best deal, a better deal is waiting.
I am told that these price differences are due to the fluctuating Euro Rates. Since these parts are being imported from EU, their Current rates vary depending upon currency. As you see in past 4-5 months Euro rates have climbed up more than 15-18%.
However getting individual parts on your own and retrofitting them will be a lot cheaper as told by many here.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
@ ID: It all depends upon the specs. There are cars that come prefitted with Betooth preparation. (Option code SA 0644 if I remember correctly). With a pre-prepared car, your expenses will be lesser.

The best way out is to ask the dealer to build a chassis specific quote. There you go!
The dealer took my VIN no. and told me the cost for IPOD Retrofit would be Rs.55-60k. He told me i had to put in things which i already have, as it might be different and they do it as per what the computer says.

In India, the dealers are just cheating customers out as they are not aware of such details.

So best is to verify it yourself, going thru the 3series forums, like e90board, etc. and getting the clear picture.
Old 6th January 2009, 17:57   #29
BHPian

Ok, a little digression here. HAs anyone bought the Car cleaning kit? Dealer has quoted a price of 9-10K for entire pack, which includes Leather shampoo, Wax polish, Alloy ploish and various kinds othe cleaners.
Is it really worth it? and shoudl one go for it or look at after market Buy.

To all the BMW owners, how often do you clean the interiors or use these cleaners for interior or exterior?
Old 6th January 2009, 18:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

10K?!?

Do they provide jerry cans of each liquid? Humongous rip off. Go aftermarket. Check the car care thread(s) by Rudra Sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks