Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 14:35   #31
BHPian

10,000 bucks sounds reasonable. I was told that a porting polishing job with engine blue printing would cost approximately 25,000-30,000 bucks by a couple of tuners on Teambhp (won't take names lest it seems I am trying to criticize sthem as a rip-off), that's the reason why I had shelved the idea.

RedMM340, can you recommend someone in Mumbai who can do a professional porting and polishing job for approx. 10,000 Rs? I already have a custom FFE, K&N conical air filter and a tri-phase unit on my ikon, I'd like to go in for a porting polishing job next.

Also any idea about the power gains I can expect on my ikon with a porting polishing job?
Old 13th December 2008, 15:01   #32
BHPian

An FFE will never be as silent as stock but you can specify a soft sound while fabricating the end can. My first FFE was from automech and it was pretty loud but then I went in for a custom FFE from Viper and told him that I'd like the sound to be as close to stock as possible. Now My FFE does not create a racket till 3000 RPM but after that it is still pretty loud (as compared to stock), though nowhere as loud as my previous one.
Old 13th December 2008, 19:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
10,000 bucks sounds reasonable. I was told that a porting polishing job with engine blue printing would cost approximately 25,000-30,000 bucks by a couple of tuners on Teambhp (won't take names lest it seems I am trying to criticize sthem as a rip-off), that's the reason why I had shelved the idea.
For "Blueprinting" you will need to strip down the engine completely, that calls for all new bearing/gaskets/seals etc etc, apart from actual blueprinting process,pointless if you do it on street cars. The price can vary from tuner to tuner as most of them outsource the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
Also any idea about the power gains I can expect on my ikon with a porting polishing job?
On a Ikon 1.6 with good head job (porting/polish & shaving) coupled with good set of headers with free flow & intake & FPR, Expect around 10-15 bhp max, but very usable increase in torque.
Old 14th December 2008, 01:20   #34
BHPian

HKS with removable inner silencer

Search for "hks removable inner silencer". The db range should definitely be between the stock mufflers and the other performance muffler designs out there. And what I had seen elektra was the exact same design on these Hks ones.. so may be you should have a talk with them first IMO..
Old 14th December 2008, 12:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Search for "hks removable inner silencer". The db range should definitely be between the stock mufflers and the other performance muffler designs out there. And what I had seen elektra was the exact same design on these Hks ones.. so may be you should have a talk with them first IMO..
See attached pics of the end-can that is part of the FFE made for my Lancer by Electra. It is based on the HKS Silent Hi Power design. Note the inner "ring" that is attached in the muffler - this is what muffles the sound a bit more. Unlike the original HKS mufflers, these aren't very easily detachable. The heat of the exhaust tends to "weld" the nut in place!
This is definitely a little lower on the sound, but you have to sacrifice a bit on the power gains too (about 5% less gain as per Krupesh Patel).
Palio Stile 1.6 Engine Mods-ssa57422.jpg

Palio Stile 1.6 Engine Mods-ssa57424.jpg
Old 14th December 2008, 15:00   #36
BHPian

Looks nice, am sure it sounds great as well. When u go in for things like this VFM is what matters rather than brand.

Regarding porting and polishing, every tuner has the right to ask what he thinks he is worth. As a customer its upto you whether you want to pay that much. We can never compare a tuners porting techniques to another. If you dont like it or think its not worth it no point comparing, just walk away. Make sure you see how the porting is done and then u can take a call whats worth your money.
Old 15th December 2008, 09:51   #37
BHPian

@Razor.. thats exactly what I was talking about..
Old 6th October 2009, 18:17   #38
BHPian

A Fiat Palio 1.6 specific performance chip!

Guys check this out - DYNO-BOOST Performance Chip Fiat Palio 1.6L on eBid.net United States. I was just browsing and found this product that seems to be something on similar lines as pete's tuning boxes but for the petrol 1.6 Palio. And its in-expensive!

PS: I am in no way related to this product - but if one of you Palio 1.6 owners do order it, please post a review.

Last edited by CrackedHead : 6th October 2009 at 18:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks