Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 16:29   #61
BHPian

hey man any updates.? i am eager to hear about your project!
Old 26th April 2009, 22:24   #62
BHPian

guys, finally, finished all the wiring, painting, seats, gear shifter, accelerator pedal, radiator and stuff. Now the two main things remaining are the brakes and the suspension.

Here is a video of the engine firing up.

Old 26th April 2009, 23:00   #63
BHPian

Dude, this stuff is mind blowing.
Congrats for bringing the project to this stage.
The exhaust note is
Old 26th April 2009, 23:13   #64
BHPian

ops i think i just woke up my neighbors
btw whats that machine something from transformers movies?
Old 26th April 2009, 23:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Dude! What an exhaust note! Super stuff! <thumbs up>
Old 27th April 2009, 00:19   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

SUPERB STUFFF!!! That exhaust note's to die for.

cheers
bharti22shresth
Old 27th April 2009, 00:31   #67
BHPian

Exhaust Note Sounds like some SBK Muffler installed...But I like it sounds really Exotic & your Dream machine perhaps is like Ariel Atom Replica.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Would love to see more pictures and video's, when's the project due for submission?
Old 12th May 2009, 12:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Heard this is done, and on the roads
Old 12th May 2009, 14:06   #70
BHPian

Oh my gwaad,that exhaust note is sooo, well is the car totally done ? would love to see more pictures of the finished product and a summed up idea about how it rides.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:26   #71
BHPian

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry to keep you all waiting. I was not able to update the thread on time, as i am having my final semester exams.

So, finally, the car is in running condition, and as my college project, it is DONE!

The hardest part of the build was the fabrication of a good suspension system. as you all know, i had finalized the double wishbone suspension, i had to fabricate the arms, and design a way to fix appropriate shock absorbers. Unfortunately, due to the lack of time and funds, i had to design them using, weaker bike shock absorbers! The arms also had to be designed in such a way that the wheels do not interfere with the body or the suspension.

And yes, i had designed the rear arms in such a way that the stock drive shafts did not meed any modifications.

How it rides?

I have already driven the car for almost 50kms. And what i have noticed is that this thing has two, totally different characters!

when you are driving slow, shifting at around 2000rpm, it feels like a normal, college project, a simple machine, made by college kids, not very refined, very rough.

And then there is a totally different side to it, when you press that accelerator! The acceleration is simply out of this world! it hits the rev limiter in first gear even before you can say 'first gear'! you just wont have time to think about shifting it into 2nd. The rev limiter in 2nd gear is reached it 110kmph! well, taking account of speedo error, it should be around 100kmph. well, i really didn't go any further than this! As far as i think, the acceleration timings should be very impressive.

The ride is actually very very bumpy, and over uneven surfaces, it is really hard to drive this car!

The breaks are good for nothing! i have to work extensively on the breaks.

The engine and mechanical parts are fine except for some clutch slipping.

The ground clearence is barely 2" at the rear, fixing better, shock absorbers with higher spring constant is a must for the rear.

The suspension setup at the front is just fine, but i am using 2 shock absorbers, and have to find the right mach, and use a single shock absorber.

Thats about it for now, ill give a more deatiled report, as soon as my exams are over.
Attached Thumbnails
My Dream, finally coming to life !-1.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-2.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-3.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-4.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-5.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-7.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-6.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-9.jpg  

My Dream, finally coming to life !-10.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by nikhilv12 : 2nd June 2009 at 19:32.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:46   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
Hi guys,

And then there is a totally different side to it, when you press that accelerator! The acceleration is simply out of this world! it hits the rev limiter in first gear even before you can say 'first gear'! you just wont have time to think about shifting it into 2nd. The rev limiter in 2nd gear is reached it 110kmph! well, taking account of speedo error, it should be around 100kmph. well, i really didn't go any further than this! As far as i think, the acceleration timings should be very impressive.

a college project!!

congratulations! you should put up a video link on how this car runs. great going there and the exhaust roar is simply great. you should get this thing registered and start using and improvising it
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:38   #73
BHPian

Great to know that you managed to do some speeds with the car, or that you were crazy enough to do some speeds with the car . Anyway would love to see a video of the car running around,doing some speeds etc. what brake kits are on the car currently ? does it have a brake booster ?

Why not go in for a heavy duty custom made shock absorbers with coil springs like in modified motocross bikes or one from the FZ or the Unicorn ? and lastly what does the whole buggy weigh ?
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:48   #74
BHPian

Congrats on completion of the project.

Did you take the project evaluator in the buggy for a drive?

Now that the college project is over, I am sure you'll want to refine this project for your own pleasure.

Please post a few more pics of the ride, preferably on the road/track.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:06   #75
BHPian

Oh. My. GOD.

I was going through this thread from page 1 with a smile on my face about the ambitious nature of the project and the look on the HOD's face when you actually show it off (I was an engineer too!)...

...and then I hit the YouTube link. I'd read the comments about the exhaust note but NOTHING could prepare me for what I just heard!

What a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet sounding machine! Seriously! Congrats man for the hard-work and the dedication to the project.

Good stuff. Now time to rig it up. Get some 205+ section tyres and some nice 15-16" alloys and some painting done on that baby. Keep that look though. Its enough to challenge an Atom with sound like that!

Wow.

Respect.
Payne

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks