Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2018, 21:12   #46
BHPian

Re: How do you remove stickers from the windshield?

Cello tape may not work always as not all the stickers have 2 sides printed. Typically white paper is covered over the sticking side so you will be able to see the sticker content only if you peel the white paper and stick it on the glass from inside.
Old 15th September 2018, 14:22   #47
BHPian

The team bhp sticker on the rear windshield had faded and the plastic on top had come off. I was unable to remove the glue part. Used vegetable oil and WD 40, but no avail. Finally ordered a new set of stickers and pasted on top.

How do you remove stickers from the windshield?-img_20180915_140153135.jpg

How do you remove stickers from the windshield?-img_20180915_140831169.jpg
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 17:24   #48
BHPian

Resurrecting an old thread. With defogger present on the rear windshield, what is the best place to put a L sticker? And what should I watch out for so that the sticker comes off easily without damaging the defogger coating ( copper)? Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 15:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
Resurrecting an old thread. With defogger present on the rear windshield, what is the best place to put a L sticker? And what should I watch out for so that the sticker comes off easily without damaging the defogger coating ( copper)? Thanks
Not the best way but you could apply it on the boot area (Beneath the boot glass), unless you have a red colored car, shouldn't be a problem.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 00:30   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Not the best way but you could apply it on the boot area (Beneath the boot glass), unless you have a red colored car, shouldn't be a problem.
Noob question. If the glue sticks there and leave marks, will clay get rid of it?
Old 1st October 2023, 09:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
Noob question. If the glue sticks there and leave marks, will clay get rid of it?
Hand Sanitizer/Any liquid based perfume + cotton cloth, since it has alcohol it'll remove the residue.
Also there are loads of residue free vinyl materials available which don't leave sticky gunk on removal.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 16:27   #52

I have mostly read the above threads but could not find effective solution to remove "L" that I have posted on front and rear windshield.

It's pasted on outer side of both windshields since 2 years. Pics attached.

Pls guide how to remove the same
Attached Thumbnails
How do you remove stickers from the windshield?-img_20231024_160838.jpg  

How do you remove stickers from the windshield?-img_20231024_160820.jpg  

Old 24th October 2023, 19:17   #53
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomads320 View Post
Pls guide how to remove the same
Use Vaseline and a blade. It will take 30 secs max. for one sticker.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 21:44   #54

Will blade not scratch windshield?
Old 24th October 2023, 22:23   #55
BHPian

I have been using a product called "Goo Gone - Adhesive and Sticker remover" for a while. It does what it promises to do. I have used it on all sorts of surfaces, windshields, helmets, motorcycle etc without any damage to the surface.
https://www.amazon.com/Goo-Gone-Stic...dp/B003W0PCEO/
GutsyGibbon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 23:10   #56
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomads320 View Post
Will blade not scratch windshield?
Not at all.

I have described it in a video.

Bought a used car and had to remove all these stickers. Using soap water may have spoilt the seats, hence devised this method. It is easy and water free.

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 08:13   #57

Thanks a ton. I was able to remove the stickers using glycerine, blade and colin
Attached Thumbnails
How do you remove stickers from the windshield?-img_20231025_193833.jpg  

Nomads320 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 14:55   #58
BANNED

I did some tested methods .

1. The best method to remove a fast tag or any other sticker from the windshield is the heat method. By this method, stickers can be softened and removed using heat. For this, apply your hairdryer to the sticker for one to two minutes, using the maximum heating range available. After the sticker has been heated, quickly lift the corner and softly peel it away from the glass surface. Wipe any leftovers with warm water or any other cleaning agent using a microfiber cloth. I utilized the heating procedure to remove the 3M sticker used to affix the dashcam.

2. The other option I used was to use baking soda. All you have to do is mix some baking soda with half a cup of any cooking oil. Mix the solution and apply it to the sticker. Allow it to soak before peeling the sticker away from the edges. Peel it away using your fingertips, a plastic card, or any plastic scraper.
Old 1st May 2024, 12:18   #59
TSS
BHPian

Hi All.

Just thought of sharing "my way" of putting stickers.

Rear Wind Screen: No sticker at all

Front windscreen: Has only the security HSRP sticker and my Residents Welfare car identification sticker. I never stick even the PUC stickers. HSRP sticker is put the normal way. For the RWA sticker or any other mandatory sticker, this is what I do:
  1. Peel off the sticker layers to reveal the sticking surface. Usually, for a windscreen sticker, the sticky surface will be the printed side.
  2. Stick a clear, clean and transparent poly sheet (preferably thick and heavy gauge) to the sticky side. You can now see the printed matter but it is no longer sticky.
  3. Cut the excess poly sheet from the edges of the sticker. Basically, now the sticker is no longer a sticker.
  4. Paste the sticker to the windscreen with just the bare minimum amount of scotch tape on the windscreen.
Anytime later if you want to remove the sticker, the only sticking surface you have to peel off from the glass is the narrow scotch tape rim on the periphery.

I have seen people with their car windscreens full of old and unnecessary stickers, some of which they have tried to peel off unsuccessfully, making the windscreen even more horrible.

Last edited by graaja : 1st May 2024 at 12:21. Reason: Spacing and formatting for better readability
Old 1st May 2024, 16:33   #60
BHPian

Use an old credit card and scrape the sticker off gently. Don't try to be perfect. There will be some residue and goo left behind. That's ok. Finally, apply coconut oil to dissolve the goo and wipe off with a cotton cloth or old news paper. You may want to let the coconut oil sit a bit for a few seconds. No other gimmick is needed.
kpkeerthi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks