Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 22:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
@Petrol_Head. Eagerly waiting for the snaps and you know why!! I guess you started a new thread since you did not get any responses when you posted the same on one of the threads that i started. Was off from TBHP for a month due to professional commitments. Good to see another thread though. Now i just have to look here and see what i have to do with my car.

Eagerly waiting for the snaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
@petrol head, Im waiting for a lot of pics, once the works is done.
promise to have the first set of pics up by tuesday with the new upholstery and fresh paint. the rest would follow as and when I get stuff fixed. Hopefully all should be done in a week or a little more. Will keep you posted
Old 14th March 2009, 00:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

good to see things are going. eagerly waiting for pics. K&N conical and FFE would be great.
Old 14th March 2009, 20:13   #33
BHPian

Latest update...

Just got back from the garage. Painting is all done. Just the polishing left which would taker another day I guess. Taking the car to Raghav's garage tomorrow. (my car is still practically un-drivable cause it does not have any seats - gone for getting custom made covers) However I managed to pull the driver's seat back out to drive up to ECR tomorrow. (Kinda makes me feel like those Ashok Leyland drivers on the Chennai Bangalore highway with just the chassis and the seat. Luckily though I have a windscreen. planning to get a custom made FFE rather than an after market one to ensure it suits the specs. A few experiments on the cards for tomorrow. Shall post once Im back.

Im still waiting for some info on how to get my lights smoked (and who exactly would do it)

Cheers
Old 15th March 2009, 15:29   #34
BHPian

just got back from Raghav's garage. My car seems to be in a worse state that I had imagined. Plugs are gone, wires too. Coil is dead. The engine is misfiring. My steering pulls hard right due to a steering and wheel error. The list seems to be endless. Worst of all was the fact that my car is topping out at 72 BHP which is almost 20 BHP down on the stock output. Plugged in to check the reading and 3 of the sensors are not functioning as well. Quite a bit of work left on the mechanicals before I can get the FFE and filters. Planning to source the tires and alloys tomorrow. Hopefully I should also have the spoiler and skirts ready by this week. Dropping the car off with Raghav on Tuesday once my painting and polishing work is done. Trust him to bring it back to its stunning self.

Besides this might be off topic but I definitely had to mention. Checked out his 4WD Jeep. Its one of those original army editions (petrol engined - pumping out 85bhp). He was nice enough to let me take it for a spin on ECR and it was absolute heaven. Did a bit of off roading too along one of the beaches with the vegetation and stuff, and boy oh boy it moved like a monster. Got a couple of pics of that monster for you guys to check out. besides its an awesome place that he has out there and its definitely an ideal location for a TBHP meet. huge place with a beautiful terrace and ample space to even have an outdoor party. To top it all up, its on ECR
Attached Thumbnails
IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)-jeep.jpg  

IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)-jeep-2.jpg  

Old 15th March 2009, 16:17   #35
BHPian

took a couple of snaps of my car this morning. The painting is done, rubbing and polishing - still due. I know, it looks quite miserable right now but one more day and the polishing would be done. Then she shall sparkle.
Attached Thumbnails
IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)-ikon.jpg  

IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)-ikon-2.jpg  

Old 15th March 2009, 18:28   #36
Team-BHP Support

Petrol_Head : If you have the budget, upgrade to the new bumper and grille. Will certainly add to the style quotient. Check out the transformation on sanju-sreekumar's Ikon.

Will be waiting for the snaps once complete.
Old 15th March 2009, 22:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

@Petrol_Head: Good job there going on for the Ikon. I was in the process of doing the FFE upgrade on my machine, but then too many personal things put plans on hold. But I am planning to send it to Electra Performance by next week for the FFE.

+1 to Ben's suggestion. Go in for the new bumper and the grille. That gives the looks for the Ikon. You should be able to pick one from Pudupet at a decent price.

I saw the 15" Ford Fusion alloys on sale @ XL Tyre point, Anna Nagar. Those were nice looking set of alloys. You should be able to make a good bargain for those wheels.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...n-plus-014.jpg (Sample Image)

Can someone do a PS to see how this alloys would look on the Ikon?

Offtopic:

I have my friend returning from Abu Dhabi. I have asked him to pick up a magnaflow muffler for my Ikon. Is there any specifications for the muffler based on the engine spec? I am a little confused on this since I heard from a mechanic that the mufflers are made to the engine spec when doing a FFE.

Expert's your advice please!

Last edited by anachronix : 15th March 2009 at 22:17.
Old 15th March 2009, 22:22   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I saw the 15" Ford Fusion alloys on sale @ XL Tyre point, Anna Nagar. Those were nice looking set of alloys. You should be able to make a good bargain for those wheels.

The Fusion alloys dont really go all that well, with the look that PH is trying to achieve on his Ikon. They look rather sober. I would recommend a more fancy set of alloys.
Old 15th March 2009, 22:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have a brand new (OE) air filter that I'd bought for my Ikon 1.3 endura.
Check if its the same size for the 1.6 as well. You can pick it up from me,sometime.
Old 15th March 2009, 22:36   #40
BHPian

Once your painting gets over, get a clear lens headlights, it will really imrove the looks as well as vision! You must upgrade your headlamps for a good look!
Try to get a sxi type bumpers also! if yours is ")" sxi is "(" with circular fog lamps!
By the way what size rims are you gonna fix??
Old 15th March 2009, 22:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Check if its the same size for the 1.6 as well. You can pick it up from me,sometime.
OE filter wil not improve any performance! and Endura.DE is diesel right??
1.6 is petrol!
Old 15th March 2009, 22:45   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
1.6 is petrol!
Err, when did the Ikon come with a 1.3 diesel? It had a 1.8 as the diesel version.

You can bet your last penny nitrous knows the 1.6 is a petrol.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Petrol_Head : If you have the budget, upgrade to the new bumper and grille. Will certainly add to the style quotient. Check out the transformation on sanju-sreekumar's Ikon.

Will be waiting for the snaps once complete.
I am still exploring that option. But what I had in mind was a new wire mesh grill as well as a mesh grill between the two fog lamp provisions. Going in for skirt anyway so guess it would compensate for the older bumper. Planning on getting black skirts and spoiler to add some variety. Would just want 2 colours on the car because anymore would make it look like a rainbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@Petrol_Head: Good job there going on for the Ikon. I was in the process of doing the FFE upgrade on my machine, but then too many personal things put plans on hold. But I am planning to send it to Electra Performance by next week for the FFE.

+1 to Ben's suggestion. Go in for the new bumper and the grille. That gives the looks for the Ikon. You should be able to pick one from Pudupet at a decent price.

Can someone do a PS to see how this alloys would look on the Ikon?

Offtopic:

I have my friend returning from Abu Dhabi. I have asked him to pick up a magnaflow muffler for my Ikon. Is there any specifications for the muffler based on the engine spec? I am a little confused on this since I heard from a mechanic that the mufflers are made to the engine spec when doing a FFE.

Expert's your advice please!
Hey just a suggestion. I got a serious word from Raghav (Ignite) not to go in for after market FFEs since they would never be able to conform to the exact dimensions. It is always better to go in for a customized FFE with exact header dimensions. I sure am going with that. Getting my FFE customized. Besides being specifically made for your car it is also a lot cheaper. But you need to have the right person to do it. You can check mine out once it gets done and then take a call. Guess it would not be an issue since you are from Chennai.

About the alloys. I am going n for either a matt black finish or a dull grey one. Preferably witha red lip but none of teh brands have a good set of wheels with 108 pcd that fit the ikon. Want it to look rough and not flashy. A chrome or bright finish one would not exactly help me get the look that I desire. Besides XL tyre point's quotes are a little on the higher side. I am planning to pick up the wheels from Lals on whites road and the Yokohama ruber from a shop near Anna Arch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The Fusion alloys don't really go all that well, with the look that PH is trying to achieve on his Ikon. They look rather sober. I would recommend a more fancy set of alloys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
1.3 endura??? Dude I think you typed it wrong since I am sure you know the endura was an 1.8 litre unit.

Quote:
Once your painting gets over, get a clear lens headlights, it will really imrove the looks as well as vision! You must upgrade your headlamps for a good look!
Try to get a sxi type bumpers also! if yours is ")" sxi is "(" with circular fog lamps!
By the way what size rims are you gonna fix??
I am changing my head lights anyway. The lens are dead. There is water seapage even. Wondering where to get my tail lamps smoked. Noone has a clue I guess. Upgrading the bulbs as well. As for the tires and wheels. Im upgrading to 14 inch wheels and 185 / 60 R14 Yokohamas.

Quote:
1.6 is petrol!
Planning to shift to performance filters but only after testing the car for a hike in performance. If the software says my car is pumping out more than before, it stays else ill revert back to stock filters. Everything that goes onto my car would be tested first and only then bolted on. Raghav said I dont have a say in that. Which means even if I like it it cant stay if it does not produce more power than stock fittings. But Im sure it would make a difference for sure. But first things first need to get 3 sensors set right.Besides need to get my car back to peak stock prformance before fitting on anything else. As I told you, She peaked out at 72 BHP @5500 rpm. I was shattered.
Old 16th March 2009, 12:40   #44
BHPian

@petrol head

The earlier models of ikon 1.3 did come with a endura engine that gave a better FE.

As for your mods I would say +2 to Benny, you should change the bumper to the Sxi bumper with a bumper lip and the mesh grill.

Good to hear that you'll be changing the headlights to clear lens and smoking the tail lights.

Here are 2 pics to give you an idea how smoked tail lights will look.
IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)-dsc_0115.jpg

ATgAAABHX8bjxAhjqmfTDbjq261oG6DluBfElALO6i5Aeb663IjW1uAlhcoPuN_Z8UCjGHIQRcVYADdRhYTUNaSmMQ6SAJtU9VB3

As for the wheels, check out this design, Its a P&W wheel that is available in 14" 108PCD and looks awesome.
IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)-pw.jpg

All the best with your mods and engine.
Old 16th March 2009, 12:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
@petrol head

The earlier models of ikon 1.3 did come with a endura engine that gave a better FE.
Good to hear that you'll be changing the headlights to clear lens and smoking the tail lights.

All the best with your mods and engine.
Oh. So were the 1.3 push rod petrol engines called Endura as well? In that case, my sincere apologies. My ignorance

Thanks for the photos but I am still not sure about where I can get the tail lamps smoked :( Chennai BHPians HELP!!!

Those alloys do look neat. There were a couple of other designs as well that I liked. Ill try getting a few photos of that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks