Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 08:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Vikram, obviously you still haven't gotten through to the right people in Maruti who can actually assist you with good info while modding your car. Better luck in future.
I wonder if you consulted a Maruti engineer when you ported & polished your head. Moreover I don't need a maruti engineer to tell me what I can do and can't do with my car.

And from what ever I have read on the net with regards to porting & polishing a diessl engine is that there are gains to be had. The biggest gain is in increased air flow and lower EGT's. You basically have the a larger amount of airflow at lower boost. What more could you want. Imagine 200cfm (example value) of air at 7psi insted of at 14 psi. Now you tell me what makes more sense? Having more flow at lower boost or running the turbo harder to give that much air flow.

Also from what I have read polishing will give you very little gains when compared to porting. Porting is where all the fun lies in diesels.

Last edited by vikram_d : 4th April 2009 at 08:24.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:49   #92
BHPian

has anybody actually inspected the ports of Elantra Crdi cyl head? maybe if we could salvage the head from a totaled car & by inspecting it would give some idea, one needs to analyze the stock head first.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I wonder if you consulted a Maruti engineer when you ported & polished your head.
Guess he learnt!

@ mclaren - have the brake mods been done yet? What difference have you percieved?
Old 4th April 2009, 12:37   #94
BHPian

[quote=veishal;1245030]What remains to be understood here is that the elantra does not use a variable geometry turbo as stock, i.e, the ECM would disrespect any amount pressure altered at ....

I fully agree with you veishal , that without the variable geometry turbo, the elantra shall be incapable of handling the boost. And if i am not mistaken the elantra has a similar engine and platform as the 200 CDI, and such modifications as being discussed here have not yielded any results other than making the engine growl louder because of the increased airfolw.
Old 4th April 2009, 16:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few points that I raise:

1. Rahul you have asked me each and every time to back my approach up why don't you on the open forum.
2. CRDI engines can be taken to a different level and that has been proven time and time again by audi and others.
3. P and P blowing up an engine is only possible if a. the wall thickness is really less or b. if the material used in the manufacture is substandard or c. the company has reached the limits already.
4. I only raised the idea but nevr said do it
5. I assumed we were discussing options hence a suggestion
5. Ok if I am to believe that I am misguiding people how are you qualified to guide them.

Each time I come to the forum you seem to have a problem and no this is not the place for you to vent your frustrations on me but it would be better when you could learn to speak in person instead of using the forum to cloack your intentions. Mods if this post is offensive in any manner please do feel free to delete it, my apologies on the same as I really would not like to see another flame war on this forum because of me.
Old 4th April 2009, 17:18   #96
BHPian

its getting dirty in here . keep it cool guys!
Old 4th April 2009, 21:27   #97
BHPian

and regarding Psychos post
point no: 3 c is a valid one in the current case!

lets keep the thread neat
Old 4th April 2009, 21:52   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
and regarding Psychos post
point no: 3 c is a valid one in the current case!

lets keep the thread neat
Going through the post now,-sameel are you sure you can post in public that you can share the docs (TKU's) of EDC16 and EDc15?? you might lose your job if somebody reports it. if i remember corectly they are only for bosch internal use and released to OEM's who use the systems on their vehicles.

Since you are using your name as your t-bhp handle it is easy to track you in bosch.

Careful buddy, you are taking unnecessary risks in the time of recession for no purpose.

Last edited by Jomz : 4th April 2009 at 21:58.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:11   #99
BHPian

yeah you are right except for the fact that these documents are my hand written notes .. the name bosch is not at all coming up any place!! and yes i do know of the DSO policies. i remain well within them! if i remember you too have them right?? i meant the documents!! i have them but its for strict use inside my bosch given work station there is no way that i can bring them out of bosch..lolz.
but your case is strange you actually got them out!!!???
Old 4th April 2009, 22:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Jomz.. Don't you think that that was best PM'd to Sameel..Considering you mean well!?!
Old 4th April 2009, 22:16   #101
BHPian

I represent a BOSCH OEM customer. I have to take the TKU's out of BOSCH

Oops.. should have pm'd.

Last edited by Jomz : 4th April 2009 at 22:19.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:27   #102
BHPian

hehe ..no wonder you got hold of them!! mann dont share it with anyone! trouble will come i guess. my case is i only need to open my mouth no need of any documents.
i am a VIVA engineer. joined the team a month ago! i hope you are aware that i am supposed to as a viva engineer do the final before series production testing of an ecu. full A to Z and then give the respective customer using the ECU as an oem equipment field support?? thats why i am that thorough..anyways i can always take a look at them inside bosch and apply that knowledge for good. i am not in anyway taking anything outside of my company
i love and respect Bosch! throwed away three ther hott offers including one from Capgemini for getting inside

do PM me if you need anything i will help as much as i can. anyways i cant bring anything out lol.
Old 4th April 2009, 22:37   #103
BHPian

and yes a public disclaimer. i have no intentions on any copyrights violations!!

i will make it a point not to give out such info even though its only a word of mouth

cheers!
Old 4th April 2009, 22:48   #104
Senior - BHPian

PM'ed sameel for the needful
Old 5th April 2009, 20:53   #105
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
@ mclaren - have the brake mods been done yet? What difference have you percieved?
There was some confusion in the dispatched rotors. I think the braking issue will be looked into in a short while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
1. Rahul you have asked me each and every time to back my approach up why don't you on the open forum.
I agree. But I also see no point in putting out such info because no one else apart from Jitu seems to be sharing stuff about his mods here. Everyone wants to keep things a secret. The day you start to share details about your builds, probably post pics of the headwork you do like some other tuners do on other forums, you can ask me the same question and I shall oblige.
Quote:
c. the company has reached the limits already.
Yes, the company has already reached its limits. Thus the advise from their tech team.
Quote:
5. I assumed we were discussing options hence a suggestion
If it was just a suggestion, then I don't see a reason why you are getting so worked up. You said P&P, I said its best not done on that engine. Topic close?
Quote:
5. Ok if I am to believe that I am misguiding people how are you qualified to guide them.
Keshav, I am in no way qualified to guide anyone. My forte is to drive the car to the best of my abilities and give feedback. My only point is, when I said that engine could not be at its best if P&P is done you were the one who came with a counter argument comparing it to the Mitsu engines.

Quote:
Each time I come to the forum you seem to have a problem
Keshav, infact the last time you decided to stop posting, I got some of the mods calling me up asking me to say sorry to you so that you can start posting. I don't have any issues if you are on or not on the forum. Infact, I myself very rarely log in these days.

Quote:
and no this is not the place for you to vent your frustrations on me but it would be better when you could learn to speak in person instead of using the forum to cloack your intentions.
Seriously, I don't know why are you taking this personal. You suggested P&P, I suggested what I heard from the R&D team from the engine manufacturers. I tried to keep it technical, but you want to give a personal angle to it.

You started posting similarities to Mitsu engines, agreed most Hyundai petrols share the same modelling as the Mitsu's, but you are yet to answer if the CRDi engine is also modelled on the Mitsu platform. Lets keep this discussion technical shall we?

As for the talking to you bit, I have found out so much of stuff about how you could have avoided my baleno fiasco if you for once put your ego of DIY ahead of your customers woos I probably would not have ended up here today. That said, all that happened is my past. I have forgotten whats happened, lets keep it that way. Kindly stop taking everything from a personal angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
I wonder if you consulted a Maruti engineer when you ported & polished your head. Moreover I don't need a maruti engineer to tell me what I can do and can't do with my car.
Vikram, if you had the assistance of a "qualified" engineer who has done years and years of R&D on your engine using some of the best manufacturer assist tools, trust me your engine would not have blown like it did today on track day.

If I had it my way, I would surely mod my engine from the company itself (for eg a manufacturer sponsored drag/rally car). For they will have the most technically advanced tools that no tuner atleast in India can get their hands on.

Your theory on P&P can be gotten through googling. But I have already explained what the people who have designed this engine had to say.

Getting back to topic, Satya's car clocked an impressive 2:17 secs on the MMST long loop when tested on the Vbox. It wont be far, when the Vbox testings for accelaration and deceleration figures are posted here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks