Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 11:47   #31
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys !

For daily drive, the car has a custom fabricated manifold with 4 injectors

The primary smaller injectors are programmed to work at lower RPMs and loads, for higher RPMs and loads, the secondary injectors take over shutting down primary injectors. All our logged data indicates an improvement in combustion in this setup , but the parameter specs required to get here are quite vast. The car is built to be used as NA, atleast as of now

@Rocam, injectors sizing was done with respect to revs and other injection phase related factors.

Last edited by rdkarthik : 6th May 2009 at 11:56.
rdkarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2009, 12:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

But what i dont understand is that Wolf's car is expected to be producing around 140-145bhp which is about 95bhp/ltr. So basically you'd expect it to peak somewhere in the region of 7500-7700rpm. When i say peak, i mean max bhp rpm.

Now a stock B16 produces its max power of 160-170bhp (100-106bhp/ltr) at 7800.

And i dont think the B16 uses 8 injectors. Even the old S2000 did 120bhp/ltr@8200rpm with 4 injectors.

So at what point does a tuner decide that 4 injectors are not enough.

Shan2nu

Quote:
The primary smaller injectors are programmed to work at lower RPMs and loads, for higher RPMs and loads, the secondary injectors take over shutting down primary injectors. All our logged data indicates an improvement in combustion in this setup , but the parameter specs required to get here are quite vast. The car is built to be used as NA, atleast as of now
Oh ok, got it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by aah78 : 6th May 2009 at 20:10. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Worlds fastest N.A drag car running 9.9sec E.T with engine doing 10,500 RPM revs have injectors running in stock fuel rail location.
Could you please let me know which car/engine ? If possible link, tried to hunt for it on the net but all I could get was B18 and B20 with no specs or some with 8 injectors and a V8 power dragster running a 1300 BHP engine.
Would really like to know more.

Last edited by dinar : 6th May 2009 at 12:17.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:10   #34
BHPian

Karthik,
What is the top speed. Do you guys drive at some runway . What is the power and torque that the car produces after all these mods?
Old 6th May 2009, 16:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thats a superb build Karthik and team. Very clean and well executed. An impressive list of mod's which I'm sure took a lot of time, effort and patience from the tuners and the owner.

I've driven this car long back alongside Ritesh but I'm not sure if it had all the mod's then, but it sure was quick as hell. This was at one of the meets at LCD. And with Ritesh behind the wheel, the car was very impressive.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th May 2009 at 16:09.
Old 6th May 2009, 16:50   #36
BHPian

Finally the cat is out of the bag eh? Fantastic Job Ritesh, RD and RAC. I have admired this car right from day one and this is a clear case of a man in charge , making the right decisions for modifications on the right car with the right tuner support.Its just like a fairy tail, man does this car move. Fantastic mate! Really envy your ride and may you take it to greater heights!

Ritesh, why don't you just right a review on the cars journey till now and things like reliability different setups and those tarmac burning drag runs where nothing really came that close to you.

P.S/O.T: I have an old run of you against Shabbir in the yellow city just side by side racing right through the finish when you just got the better of the other car!

Last edited by redrage : 6th May 2009 at 16:55.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
The primary smaller injectors are programmed to work at lower RPMs and loads, for higher RPMs and loads, the secondary injectors take over shutting down primary injectors.

@Rocam, injectors sizing was done with respect to revs and other injection phase related factors.
Makes sense now, is there any time delay from switching from primary to secondary injectors? or you switch on secondary first & then shutdown primary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Can you shed some light on which car you are referring to? World's fastest NA drag cars (in dragster chassis)are all American V8s- they do the 1320 in the range of late 7s to 8s, and don't rev to 10k either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Could you please let me know which car/engine ? If possible link, tried to hunt for it on the net but all I could get was B18 and B20 with no specs or some with 8 injectors and a V8 power dragster running a 1300 BHP engine.
Would really like to know more.

I was referring to Erick Agular, N.A using build B18, more details here
ERE race car
Ford Rocam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2009, 19:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
All our logged data indicates an improvement in combustion in this setup , but the parameter specs required to get here are quite vast.
Just wondering, what metric are you using to indicate improvement in combustion?
Old 6th May 2009, 19:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats quite an impressive list of mods, and to hover around the 8 sec mark the car must feel like quite a rocket !!
Old 6th May 2009, 19:53   #40
BHPian

Cool list of kit and even cooler build out. Feel's good to have professional tuners in the home town. Some more pics please...
Old 6th May 2009, 19:56   #41
BHPian

Ii'm sure the car does 7 odd to rocket to 100kmph if its launched well and with just one driver on board.
Old 6th May 2009, 20:04   #42
BHPian

In drag spec it will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Ii'm sure the car does 7 odd to rocket to 100kmph if its launched well and with just one driver on board.
Old 6th May 2009, 20:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Havent really tried multiple drivers at one time yet , just kiddn!

We have managed a 8.02sec run with full load + 1 passenger during an Overdrive Magazine test (chk last months edition)...so mid to late 7s should be achievable in race trim.

No NA Indian car has officially broken into 14s in a quat mile, hoping to stamp that position this month in mumbai. Prayers guys...

@Flyingspur: The whip lash at launch is a rare feeling in Indian cars, here's one...

Last edited by The Wolf : 6th May 2009 at 20:32.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2009, 21:00   #44
BHPian

^co-driver I meant LOL
Old 6th May 2009, 21:01   #45
BHPian

Wow. Just Wow.

The professionalism gone into the build is evident from the engine bay pic.

@The Wolf: Any specific reasons for sticking with NA and not going the FI route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks