Team-BHP - Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6260-product-review-philips-crystal-vision-halogen-headlamps-8.html)

hi guys its my first post here although iv been a silent visitor for the past 2 years
i drive a bolero glx,a gypsy mg410w,and a good old premier padmini
and ride a karizma, machismo 350 and a std 350

PS: sorry for introducing my self here only

iv been using philips crystal for over 5 months now in my karizma
and its good looks cool and the beam spread is good for the bike

i tried it in my bolero and the results were not as good as expected
as there is no subsitute for watts so im using philips rally 100\90
with bosch relay and its good

so get the crystal vision if u wanna stick to 60\55 w

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi karthik247 do u need any kind of relay or u just change the bulbs or do we need to change the sockets

I've got the 60/55w ones. No need of any relay or anything, just replace ur current bulbs with these.

Hi! Where does one get the GE 100/90 bulbs in Bangalore and how much do they cost. Will any relays and thicker wiring have to be done on my accent GLS.

I got the Diamond Vision 60/55w for my car. Didn't fix them yet, but hope they look good and would be worth it.

I was kinda scared abt gettin 100/90w cuz it could damage the clear lens

Well, guys i am using Philips Crystal Visions in my Esteem for 3 months now. Love the clear white light it throws out. I find them quite adequate for City conditions

Cheers

Okey, i got my Diamond Vision H4 60/55w bulbs fitted y'day evening. And today morning the car refused to start. The battery had gone blink. Is it just coincedence or anyone elz face similar probs? Wonder what could it be??

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Okey, i got my Diamond Vision H4 60/55w bulbs fitted y'day evening. And today morning the car refused to start. The battery had gone blink. Is it just coincedence or anyone elz face similar probs? Wonder what could it be??

Did you keep your diamond visions on overnight?lol: . Jus kiddin! I don't think your battery going flat has anything to do with the bulbs that you have put on, unless there is a serious problem with the bulbs(which we haven't heard off) or the electricals in your Skoda.

Cheers

Guys,

among the 60/55 H4 rating bulbs, which is the best.

1. VisionPlus
2. CrystalVision
3. DiamondVision
4. BlueVision
5. Others - please specify.

Also please mention are these really good for highway driving.

Quote:

I've been using Vision Plus on my car for abt a year now. They are pretty good. I never felt i needed to swtich to more powerful bulbs.

But i am planning to get Philips Crystal Vision or Diamond Vision bulbs next week. Guys any advice on which one would be better?

Hey Karthik, if you found visionplus pretty good, then why are shifting to crystal or diamond vision?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85
Did you keep your diamond visions on overnight?lol: . Jus kiddin! I don't think your battery going flat has anything to do with the bulbs that you have put on, unless there is a serious problem with the bulbs(which we haven't heard off) or the electricals in your Skoda.

Cheers

Well i hope so..Headlamps automatically get switched off after the vehicle is turned off so that wouldn't b the cause. Anyway, the bloody Skoda people said they'd come over in half-an-hour but so far haven't showed up. Gettin pretty pissed with all this..

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
Hey Karthik, if you found visionplus pretty good, then why are shifting to crystal or diamond vision?

Simple, for better looks :D

Quote:

Simple, for better looks :D

Karthik, do you agree with the claims of visionplus that its

1. 50% brighter than normal bulbs
2. they have 20 feet longer high beam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
Karthik, do you agree with the claims of visionplus that its

1. 50% brighter than normal bulbs
2. they have 20 feet longer high beam?

Its 25% more light and 10-15m more beam throw. Yes it does feel brighter than the Diamond Vision bulbs i have now. Since i haven't done much highway driving i can't really say how much better it is. Anyways its definately better than the Bosch n other ones available in the market and should be worth the Rs.550 price tag.

Quote:

Its 25% more light and 10-15m more beam throw. Yes it does feel brighter than the Diamond Vision bulbs i have now. Since i haven't done much highway driving i can't really say how much better it is. Anyways its definately better than the Bosch n other ones available in the market and should be worth the Rs.550 price tag.

dude thanks for clarifying......i will try these and only if these are insufficient only then i will upgrade to 100/90.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to replace my Santro's headlights (old santro model but with the clear lense headlamps) with the new one....Could anyone please guide me which light should I opt for...

Cheers,
Amit

A Small Review on 'Diamond Vision' bulbs..
Well, i got the bulbs fitted day b4 y'day, and took the car out at night only today. The beam is good, and spreads nicely. It dosen't feel all that blue in colour, but a slight tinge is there tho'. One advantage is it feels more better than the yellow ones, and does help in seeing roadsigns better. After using this, and driving the car with the fogs(normal yellow) on, it feels kinda weird n sick. These Philips bulbs are really good, trust me.