Team-BHP - Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6260-product-review-philips-crystal-vision-halogen-headlamps-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
A Small Review on 'Diamond Vision' bulbs..
Well, i got the bulbs fitted day b4 y'day, and took the car out at night only today. The beam is good, and spreads nicely. It dosen't feel all that blue in colour, but a slight tinge is there tho'. One advantage is it feels more better than the yellow ones, and does help in seeing roadsigns better. After using this, and driving the car with the fogs(normal yellow) on, it feels kinda weird n sick. These Philips bulbs are really good, trust me.

Now that you have used 'VisionPlus' and 'DiamondVision' which one do you find better [keeping asthetics aside]

and whats the cost of each of them.

Diamond Vision costed me Rs.1050 i think, and the Vision Plus costed me Rs.550. Well, the Vision Plus did have a better beam, but once u use the Diamond/Crystal vision or xenons, its difficult to adjust using the yellow ones. These bulbs not only look hot, but do provide better visibility.

Quote:

Diamond Vision costed me Rs.1050 i think, and the Vision Plus costed me Rs.550. Well, the Vision Plus did have a better beam, but once u use the Diamond/Crystal vision or xenons, its difficult to adjust using the yellow ones. These bulbs not only look hot, but do provide better visibility.

hey you confused me.....

so if my main aim is to get better visibility at night are you recommending me 'diamondvision'?

Vision Plus is meant for better visibility with the normal yellow light.

Diamond Vision is more for the look than for visibility, as it has a blueish light, which gets easily absorbed by black (night, tar roads etc).

If you want better visibility (than the stock bulb), and a white light, then go for Philips Crystal Vision 55/65w.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Vision Plus is meant for better visibility with the normal yellow light.

Diamond Vision is more for the look than for visibility, as it has a blueish light, which gets easily absorbed by black (night, tar roads etc).

If you want better visibility (than the stock bulb), and a white light, then go for Philips Crystal Vision 55/65w.

so one more competitor....'crystal vision' :mad:

Boom you say that 'crystal vision' has better visibility than 'vision plus' ??

More confusion has been caused by this chart....

Vision Plus - 55/65 watts. Normal yellow light. Better than stock yellow bulbs. Costs less than Crystal and Diamond Vision (400 bucks I think)

Crystal Vision - 55/65 watts. White light. Better than stock yellow. Don't think they're better than Vision Plus in terms of visibility, but the look is definitely nicer (white vs. yellow). Costs more than Vision Plus (1000 bucks approx)

Diamond Vision - 55/65 watts. Looks nice (blueish tinge), but visibility is not as good as the above two. More for "show".

All 3 types of bulbs are made by Philips.

Don't look at any charts if they confuse you. Just go to the shop in the late evening and try all three bulbs on your car. You'll know for yourself then.

Diamond Vision bulbs are 5000k. So its more than the Crystal Vision or the Vision Plus. I'll take a pic n post tonite, it could help maybe

Quote:

Diamond Vision bulbs are 5000k. So its more than the Crystal Vision or the Vision Plus. I'll take a pic n post tonite, it could help maybe

Dude, it would be great if you can post photos of 'visionPlus' as well as 'Diamond Vision'.

Quote:

Vision Plus - 55/65 watts. Normal yellow light. Better than stock yellow bulbs. Costs less than Crystal and Diamond Vision (400 bucks I think)

Crystal Vision - 55/65 watts. White light. Better than stock yellow. Don't think they're better than Vision Plus in terms of visibility, but the look is definitely nicer (white vs. yellow). Costs more than Vision Plus (1000 bucks approx)

Diamond Vision - 55/65 watts. Looks nice (blueish tinge), but visibility is not as good as the above two. More for "show".

All 3 types of bulbs are made by Philips.

Don't look at any charts if they confuse you. Just go to the shop in the late evening and try all three bulbs on your car. You'll know for yourself then.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, if better visibility is your main criteria, then just get 90/100 Philips Rallyeye with a Bosch relay and thick guage wires. Way better than Crystal, Diamond and Vision Plus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkatrx
Dude, it would be great if you can post photos of 'visionPlus' as well as 'Diamond Vision'.

Thing is, I removed the Vision Plus bulbs and replaced them with Diamond Vision. So don't think will be able to post pix of both.

And..
Crystal Vision - 4300k
Blue Vision - 4000k
Diamond Vision - 5000k

Quote:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, if better visibility is your main criteria, then just get 90/100 Philips Rallyeye with a Bosch relay and thick guage wires. Way better than Crystal, Diamond and Vision Plus.

Boom I was about get 100/90 fixed, but my maruti dealer refused to do it and told me that my warranty would get void if i get it done.

He told possible risk
+ head dome melting
+ some crazy 'micro processor' costing 25k going dead

so i thought of trying the best 60/55 before making my next move.

The only reason I am also dithering on this issue... I have seen so many of those dark looking (blackened) headlamps due to the overwattage that I am not entirely sure whether I should go in for the 100/90w. Thats why the Philips VisionPlus sounds so attractive.

so guys which is the best 60/55 bulbs for highway driving

For India dont do diamond vision or crystal. The best is Vision Plus because the beam has longer reach and is wider too. A wide beam is crucial in catching that last minute buffalo who wants to jump over the moon

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
For India dont do diamond vision or crystal. The best is Vision Plus because the beam has longer reach and is wider too. A wide beam is crucial in catching that last minute buffalo who wants to jump over the moon

ROTF lol:

Dude you rock...