Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 11:58   #46
BHPian

where u got the carbon finish hood done ?

is it done in bangalore ? i look to change my lancers hood to the same. pls guide asap !!!

GOOD JOB DONE !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakrz View Post
Interior Picture with updated Head lights and new Carbon Fiber hood.

I have got some extra Red led's lying around so i tried to fit them in the door pockets.it actually looks much brighter in the picture than looking at it directly.

Attachment 198121

New Head Lights, wish it would have been a red halo's i am not sure if i could open them up and change the led's.some how in the low beam the throw of the light is more to the right,can i adjust that in anyway.

Attachment 198122

Carbon Fiber Mini Style Hood, I would want to change the Air Intake from the Current Location (Next To Battery) to a place close to the hood scoop.only thing i am wondering is would it have any effect coz of the heat generated from the engine.

Also i heard from someone that the carbon fiber hood need to be clear coated every 6 months coz its going to turn yellowish coz of the heat from the engine,is it true ?

Attachment 198123

I still have'nt got a chance to work on the suspension yet.i have all the parts lying in my room, will start the work once dhussera is gone.will post more pictures soon.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:05   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikayil View Post
is it done in bangalore ? i look to change my lancers hood to the same. pls guide asap !!!

GOOD JOB DONE !!!
Thank You.

Nope, Only The ICE is done in Bangalore in 2006 by EBBASS when i was staying there,rest all was done at vizag,most parts were imported or got by my local auto-shop guy and installed here.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:28   #48
BHPian

Some more swifts from vizag.

My Swift Stage 1-img_2290.jpg

My Swift Stage 1-img_2309.jpg

This is a Different CF Hood with a Side Vent
My Swift Stage 1-img_2270.jpg

My Swift Stage 1-img_2275.jpg
Old 30th September 2009, 12:36   #49
BHPian

All 3 swifts looking amazing - roof cut on 3rd is superb!

How much did the carbon fiber sheet cost ?
Old 30th September 2009, 14:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Wow! all of them are looking great. Reminds me of the modded Civics at Vizag. Lots of auto enthusiasts at Vizag?

Freakrz - didn't face any problem with the KA plates at Vizag?
Old 30th September 2009, 14:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2009 at 16:00.
chiragh_bir is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2009, 14:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

really neat swifts. That first one looks amazing

more pics please
Old 30th September 2009, 15:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

The Swift with the "Mala" was posted earlier on the "Swift Mods" thread. It belongs to some modifications dealer in Vizag.
Old 30th September 2009, 16:32   #54
BHPian

Sweet line up of swift’s man .
All of them look really good, the red one is best .Looks like its straight out desktop wallpaper or NFS game

Is both the exhaust in the swift functional?

I was looking at your alloys you seem to be missing the racing nuts.
Put them man it will be good add on .

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2009 at 11:17. Reason: Strictly no more than two smilies please
Old 30th September 2009, 18:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4554 View Post
All 3 swifts looking amazing - roof cut on 3rd is superb!

How much did the carbon fiber sheet cost ?
The carbon fiber sheet costs about 80rs per sft here.thats what i heard from the guy who installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Wow! all of them are looking great. Reminds me of the modded Civics at Vizag. Lots of auto enthusiasts at Vizag?

Freakrz - didn't face any problem with the KA plates at Vizag?
Yes i indeed did..and i paid the tax ,changing the registration to andhra soon...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
Sweet line up of swift’s man .
All of them look really good, the red one is best .Looks like its straight out desktop wallpaper or NFS game

Is both the exhaust in the swift functional?

I was looking at your alloys you seem to be missing the racing nuts.
Put them man it will be good add on .
That is just for show and its not functional.yes i dont have the racing bolts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
The Swift with the "Mala" was posted earlier on the "Swift Mods" thread. It belongs to some modifications dealer in Vizag.
Yes it belongs to the local modification dealer Autobhan... thats the guy who got me some of my parts
Old 1st October 2009, 23:24   #56
BHPian

What is the cost of the HOOD and gti bumpers? are they ABS?
Old 1st October 2009, 23:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

That is one smoking hawt swift you've got there Freakz. Has to be one of the best in the country. But it looks a lil too tall now.it'll look great once the suspension goes it i guess.

Also, I've noticed similar group pix in a modded civic thread from vizag too. What gives?
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:17   #58
BHPian

Finally I have got the Lowering Springs and the Other Suspension parts Installed.I will let the Pictures do the talking.

I have got everything installed at the local maruti workshop here ,the technicians have been very helpful with the installation.

The Technicians trying to get it on the lift after the springs installed,it was so low they had hard time getting the arm's without hurting the kit.
My Swift Stage 1-img_5967.jpg

Installed ULTRA RACING 2-Point Rear Lower Bar & ULTRA RACING 4-Point Front Lower Bar , the 4 Point Lower Bar is actually lower by another 15mm and i need to drive really cautious watching for the potholes and other stuff around on the road.
My Swift Stage 1-img_5977.jpg

Comparison With a Friends Stock Dzire , Could'nt get hold of a swift,but i guess both are similar.
My Swift Stage 1-img_5979.jpg

The 4-Point Front Lower Bar is visible under,check how low it is.i am quite not sure if i will be able to drive around with it but since the road's here are pretty good,not many potholes it should be manageable.
My Swift Stage 1-img_59921.jpg

Front Tyre
Name:  IMG_6002.JPG
Views: 3098
Size:  169.2 KB

Rear Tyre
My Swift Stage 1-img_6005.jpg

Rear With One Person in the back seat + One Person in the front seat
My Swift Stage 1-img_6006.jpg

Its so freakin close to the front fender,but there isn't any contact.
My Swift Stage 1-img_6007.jpg

Before Body Kit & Lowering Springs & After Body Kit+Lowering Springs
My Swift Stage 1-loweringq.jpg

2 Point Rear Bar,I am not sure if i can get my previous sub box in there,so i might need to redesign a smaller one.
My Swift Stage 1-img_2313.jpg

Intake.i haven't used the metal piping ,instead i got a rubber tubing for the filter.the rubber tube is actually a zen diesel's filter pipe.just a little bit of weight saving.

The filter is catching a lot of dust in its current location,i am planning to relocate it closer to the hood vent.
My Swift Stage 1-img_2331.jpg

The Ride is very good,suspension is really stiff and there isn't any body roll and the its fun cornering,i could actually feel the road better and just scared about the front lower bar.

i would love to take it on the track sometime.i haven't actually pushed the car much yet,and track would be an amazing idea to test it out.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:21   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a Different CF Hood with a Side Vent
Attachment 199613

Attachment 199614
Twin exhausts (both seem to have carbon deposits)? What engine mods?

Quote:
I have got everything installed at the local maruti workshop here ,the technicians have been very helpful with the installation.
Brilliant decision. Guaranteed high quality of labour.

Quote:
Installed ULTRA RACING 2-Point Rear Lower Bar & ULTRA RACING 4-Point Front Lower Bar , the 4 Point Lower Bar is actually lower by another 15mm and i need to drive really cautious watching for the potholes and other stuff around on the road.
You'd have to be really cautious on typically Indian roads. Not only would you damage the lower bar, but it could damage other related components too.

Quote:
The Ride is very good,suspension is really stiff and there isn't any body roll and the its fun cornering,i could actually feel the road better and just scared about the front lower bar.
Quote:
i would love to take it on the track sometime.i haven't actually pushed the car much yet,and track would be an amazing idea to test it out.
The track would be IDEAL! I know the Bangalore boys are frequent track visitors. Why not plan something out and post your detailed observations versus a regular swift?
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

The lowered car looks great. Its made the car look even more aggressive. How is the ride quality now?? does the suspension bottom out faster than usual??

How much drop was mentioned on the springs?? since its a PRO-KIT the drop must be around 30MM I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks