Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 14:26   #1
BHPian

My Swift Stage 1

I have finally come to a point with the car that i can get some inputs and suggestions to get further.it would be helpful to get some suggestions on the future mods.

The car is close to Stage 1 Mods,below is the complete list

Performance Upgrades

Green Cotton Nano Air Intake Kit(Carbon Fiber Model)
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Cusco Front Strut Bar
Excedy Stage 1 Clutch
Custom 4-2-1 Headers + FF Exhaust
15" Lenso KUZA ANIME (Red) Alloys
195/60 R15 Potenza GIII

Interior

Recaro Speed (Racing Seats)
SPW Racing Wheel
Aluminium Racing Pedals
5" Type R Tachometer
Greddy Floormats
2 x 24 LED Strips Under Dash

I.C.E

Alpine CDE 9852 HU
Harmon Kardon Drive+Play System
Polk Momo DB 6750 Components (Front Door)
Polk Momo MMC 690 Co-ax ( Rear Parcle Tray)
Alpine MRP -M650 Class D Mono Amplifier
Alpine SWR 1242 Type R Subwoofer

Exterior

Greddy Number Plate Holder
Smoked Led Tail Lamps
Suzuki Swift Sport Body Kit
GT Spoiler

Future Upgrades that i am looking at

Porting & Polishing
Work on Throttle Body
Koni FSD Suspension
Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Rear Hatch
ULTRA RACING 2-Point Rear Lower Bar
ULTRA RACING 2-Point Rear Strut Bar
ULTRA RACING 4-Point Front Lower Bar
ULTRA RACING 16mm Rear Anti-roll Bar
ULTRA RACING 3-Point Fender Bar
Rear Disk Brake Conversion if possible

Later on TC, ( Workin on the Budget )

If i missed anything important that i would need to look at,let me know

Note from Team BHP Support

It is compulsory for you to host photos on the Team BHP server itself. Posting pictures from external hosts is strictly prohibited on the forum. Please take a look at this link to see how to upload pictures to Team BHP.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My Swift Stage 1-img1685c.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt1.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt2.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt3.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt5.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt6.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt44.jpg  

My Swift Stage 1-swt55.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 9th September 2009 at 17:28. Reason: see note in post
freakrz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th September 2009, 14:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

freakz,
Great looking car there. I'm halfway through to my Stage 1 mods lol.

Can you please post breakup of prices if possible. And where did you get it done ? Bangalore or Vizag ?

No plans for the RD ECU ?
Old 7th September 2009, 14:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
freakz,
Great looking car there. I'm halfway through to my Stage 1 mods lol.

Can you please post breakup of prices if possible. And where did you get it done ? Bangalore or Vizag ?

No plans for the RD ECU ?
Thank You,

The pricing may quite vary from place to place and i might have paid somethin more or less for some stuff which i would not like to discuss.if you would like any specific equipment pricing i will p.m you.

The ICE,Steering,Pedals,Tach,Led's are bought by me from U.S when i was returning. and the rest of the part's are bought here in vizag and i am guessing the local guy here must have got it shipped out from delhi/mumbai.

Deep
Old 7th September 2009, 14:44   #4
BHPian

Really cool looking Swift ....

I must say that the mods have been done with lovely taste ....

Congratulations ...
Old 7th September 2009, 14:54   #5
rippergeo

Beautiful Car

The looks are spot on. Could you please elaborate on the fender bar you have planned. have not heard of it before.

The rear disk brake conversion might be troublesome. first of all getting it done, then getting the brake bias right. You'd get more bang for buck on the braking by just upgrading your rotors and pads(bolt on from Tarox and Green EBC). if you're still unsatisfied, then you can go for the more tedious rear disk brake conversion.
Anyways, most of the braking force is from the front, so optimising that first would be more practical

If you're looking at koni FSD, also look at the Bilsteins which come as a full package of springs and dampers. konis come only with the dampers and if you need performance springs from eibach, the price will come to the same as the bilsteins.they also felt much more street friendly. thats what I'm using in my car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...swift-vdi.html

Did you check what speedsport and ricky63 were upto on a petrol swift? its on the forum somewhere. please consider that path too. dont stay fixated on the turbo charger. NA with performance cams and ECU remap also does very very well

Old 7th September 2009, 15:08   #6
BHPian

Thanq Ardy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Beautiful Car

The looks are spot on. Could you please elaborate on the fender bar you have planned. have not heard of it before.

The rear disk brake conversion might be troublesome. first of all getting it done, then getting the brake bias right. You'd get more bang for buck on the braking by just upgrading your rotors and pads(bolt on from Tarox and Green EBC). if you're still unsatisfied, then you can go for the more tedious rear disk brake conversion.
Anyways, most of the braking force is from the front, so optimising that first would be more practical

If you're looking at koni FSD, also look at the Bilsteins which come as a full package of springs and dampers. konis come only with the dampers and if you need performance springs from eibach, the price will come to the same as the bilsteins.they also felt much more street friendly. thats what I'm using in my car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...swift-vdi.html

Did you check what speedsport and ricky63 were upto on a petrol swift? its on the forum somewhere. please consider that path too. dont stay fixated on the turbo charger. NA with performance cams and ECU remap also does very very well
rippergeo,

About the fender bar ,please check the image below

About the rear disk conversion,if it is getting complicated i would'nt probably go ahead with it ,rather upgrade the rotors and get better pads.

yes i have heard that the koni's dont come with the springs and the pricing for the fsd's i guess its around 44k from methods and they are damping + height adjustable right.if i am wrong please correct me.

Does Bilsteins have the option of adjusting the ride height,instead of relying on the lowering springs ,i want an option where i can increase or decrease the height.what is the pricing and where can i get them.

I have'nt checked speedsport and ricky63 swift's , i am still not completely onto TC , since its a bit complicated and also the place i stay we dont have proper technical expertise to work on if any issue arises.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:08   #7
BHPian

congrats

Great looking swift
Old 7th September 2009, 15:21   #8
rippergeo

The Bilsteins have adjustable ride height.
150mm GC to 180mm GC. 180 is stock. Mine has been lowered to 150 in the front and 160 at the rear. They will be available in india this month or the next. Should be priced around 60k, which is what the konis+eibach will cost you anyway. Plus the warranty is good.

Thanks for the pic of the fender bar.

This is the petrol swift thread I was talking about.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...rt-stable.html

Old 7th September 2009, 15:36   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
NA with performance cams and ECU remap also does very very well
Most performance cams don't work well unless you bump up the compression. I have seen enough number of cars running high comp to realize its not worth the hassle at all. Besides, another thing is, not many people have access to the right tools to even P&P a head. If I were you, I would go to only a handful of people in the country to get my head touched upon. Just not worth the risk.

I was having a discussion with a few BHPians yest and worked out a cost to power ratio between a NA v/s FI setup.

NA setup:
1. P&P - 15k.
2. Exhaust - 20k.
3. ECU - 26k.
4. Cam - 20-25k.
5. Intake - 5-8k.
6. Gear ratios - 15k.
7. Clutch - 10-20k.
8. Pistons for high comp, overboring, blah blah - 20k.
After all this, you still are not sure if you have tread down the right path. You have no clue how much power you are making or if its just your butt dyno working. You are not even sure, if your port matching is done properly, if your head has been worked upon properly, if you car is going to be reliable or not. You pay a bomb for the cam, but what is the guarantee that the specs are what you told they were? I have seen instances where customers have been promised brand new billets with X duration from branded companies, but a stock cam has been reground from Electra and put into their cars. How many tuners give you the cam spec sheet to prove what is running in your car is what you actually paid for or profile your cam in front of you? Louis, its a big bad world out there.

So eventually, you have paid around 1-1.25 lakhs for a good NA setup. I would say, instead go get yourself a 7psi TC setup for slightly more and you will surely have more power than any NA setup most tuners in our country can dish out unless you go to some great people like Bobby Jayram, Leela, J Anand, Raj Hingorani.

Advantage is, if you don't like it you can always take of the TC kit and still run on a bone stock engine. What if you don't like the NA setup? You have to change everything including the head. Loss of money and you need to buy more stuff to get it back to stock. If TC setup works for you at 7psi you will be happy. If you want more, go forged. When you are selling of this car, plonk out the TC kit and put it on your next car. Paisa vasool?

I think differently to most, so don't take my words too seriously. Just that I have been watching this whole scene quietly for the last 2yrs and I have been shocked to see how this whole thing works.

If you do enough research around, talking to the right people anyone will say that a TC setup is far more better on an engine than building a high comp setup.

At the end of the day, one needs to go to the right people for either builds. That is the key!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th September 2009 at 15:51.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:42   #10
BHPian

wild really awsome work done on the car love the interiors good on u mate
Old 7th September 2009, 15:47   #11
BHPian

Thats a beautiful looking car there. Keep going, looking forward to a fast swift.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:50   #12
rippergeo

@rahul- thanks for that. did not look at it that way. Maybe TC is the way to go after all. Just that, there's so many stories of blown TC installs, to make TCing a scary proposition too.

Did not realise a Good NA setup will give a bill like that

Last edited by rippergeo : 7th September 2009 at 15:52.

Old 7th September 2009, 15:59   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
@rahul- thanks for that. did not look at it that way. Maybe TC is the way to go after all. Just that, there's so many stories of blown TC installs, to make TCing a scary proposition too.

Did not realise a Good NA setup will give a bill like that
Edited my last post and added one line at the very bottom. It reads:

Quote:
At the end of the day, one needs to go to the right people for either builds. That is the key!
So if you think TCing a car is not a job for an ordinary tuner, I can show you a million examples where most engine blow ups have come from NA builds gone wrong. Look around the forum, you will see so many instances of these, but very few that hardly ever come up with the truth.

There is a lot more to TCed cars blowing up. At times, some cars are done by people who do not understand the limits of the engine, sometimes the customer just turns up the boost and drives like crazy. Both parties ought to be careful. But that holds true for a NA setup as well.

Just saw Mohit's post, I totally forgot about his car. His baleno is one exception of a NA build gone right. Key is, he went to the right person, with the right sort of expectations. And his tuner's level of transparency is something I love (atleast to his customer). Mohit will vouch for that.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

nice nice car there. not too loud, not too sleeper. just right i would say except the bling bling lights inside. Good to see your staged mods here. that's the right way. do your research and enjoy revving...btw, are those seats original recaros? could you please pm me the details? photos are from Vizag i guess. but reg is KA??
Old 7th September 2009, 22:17   #15
BHPian

Thanq Everyone for the inputs and comments.

Quote:
The Bilsteins have adjustable ride height.
150mm GC to 180mm GC. 180 is stock. Mine has been lowered to 150 in the front and 160 at the rear. They will be available in india this month or the next. Should be priced around 60k, which is what the konis+eibach will cost you anyway. Plus the warranty is good.

Thanks for the pic of the fender bar.

This is the petrol swift thread I was talking about.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...rt-stable.html
Ok i guess 60k is bit steep,but what is the exact model no of the Bilsteins so i might check out the specs and decide.

the koni fsd's are around 44k + eibach springs are anywhere around 8 - 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Most performance cams don't work well unless you bump up the compression. I have seen enough number of cars running high comp to realize its not worth the hassle at all. Besides, another thing is, not many people have access to the right tools to even P&P a head. If I were you, I would go to only a handful of people in the country to get my head touched upon. Just not worth the risk.

I was having a discussion with a few BHPians yest and worked out a cost to power ratio between a NA v/s FI setup.

NA setup:
1. P&P - 15k.
2. Exhaust - 20k.
3. ECU - 26k.
4. Cam - 20-25k.
5. Intake - 5-8k.
6. Gear ratios - 15k.
7. Clutch - 10-20k.
8. Pistons for high comp, overboring, blah blah - 20k.
After all this, you still are not sure if you have tread down the right path. You have no clue how much power you are making or if its just your butt dyno working. You are not even sure, if your port matching is done properly, if your head has been worked upon properly, if you car is going to be reliable or not. You pay a bomb for the cam, but what is the guarantee that the specs are what you told they were? I have seen instances where customers have been promised brand new billets with X duration from branded companies, but a stock cam has been reground from Electra and put into their cars. How many tuners give you the cam spec sheet to prove what is running in your car is what you actually paid for or profile your cam in front of you? Louis, its a big bad world out there.

So eventually, you have paid around 1-1.25 lakhs for a good NA setup. I would say, instead go get yourself a 7psi TC setup for slightly more and you will surely have more power than any NA setup most tuners in our country can dish out unless you go to some great people like Bobby Jayram, Leela, J Anand, Raj Hingorani.

Advantage is, if you don't like it you can always take of the TC kit and still run on a bone stock engine. What if you don't like the NA setup? You have to change everything including the head. Loss of money and you need to buy more stuff to get it back to stock. If TC setup works for you at 7psi you will be happy. If you want more, go forged. When you are selling of this car, plonk out the TC kit and put it on your next car. Paisa vasool?

I think differently to most, so don't take my words too seriously. Just that I have been watching this whole scene quietly for the last 2yrs and I have been shocked to see how this whole thing works.

If you do enough research around, talking to the right people anyone will say that a TC setup is far more better on an engine than building a high comp setup.

Yes what you said is absolutely true,but the end point is to get to the right tuner. every setup depends on the tuner and also the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
nice nice car there. not too loud, not too sleeper. just right i would say except the bling bling lights inside. Good to see your staged mods here. that's the right way. do your research and enjoy revving...btw, are those seats original recaros? could you please pm me the details? photos are from Vizag i guess. but reg is KA??
I am not sure if they are actual recaros; coz of the price i got it for and i think they r the imitation ones frm thailand....! but they are very comfortable and strong...no problems with them....!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks