Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2005, 14:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

its a wicked visual mod no dbout ...
but the thulla's will beat you with a stick if they see a flame throwing car doing rounds in GK !
Old 27th July 2005, 21:28   #17
BANNED

but if it burns up the unburnt fuel,wont it :-
1) be unsafe as it can cause fire?
2) reduce the FE of the car to a great extent coz the flames produced wud require a lot of fuel to burn?
Old 28th July 2005, 04:39   #18
BHPian

hey buddy...im a performance parts stockist here in bombay..i can arrange for the flame throwers but i dont have the one's which are low end and perform with spark plugs and waste fuel..the one's which i can arrange are the one's with an entire setup which leads to the ecu...and ulitmately you have the control of the flame on the push of a button..and no these dont work on the shift of a gear...probably the low end one's do..these are completely safe and yes..they do come with a big tag price..if you do need the low end one's i guess viper can arrange them for you..if you need the high end one's just drop in a pm and i'll get back to you with my number and other contact details...cheers...happy revvin...!!

P.S. - This setup of the flame thrower does not work on the OHC...as the ecu does not co-ordinate with it..and for the ikno you need a dual application..hence sot doubled..well all other cars go through standard application...cheers...!! - TRIED..TESTED AND FLAMED...!!

Last edited by dragger : 28th July 2005 at 04:42. Reason: Spell Check & Added Info..!!
Old 28th July 2005, 09:47   #19
BANNED

if you do need the low end one's i guess viper can arrange them - Hey Dragger I dont deal with cheap gimmikry. I just said that they are available in Mumbai.

P.S. - This setup of the flame thrower does not work on the OHC...as the ecu does not co-ordinate with it..and for the ikno you need a dual application..hence sot doubled..well all other cars go through standard application...cheers...!! - TRIED..TESTED AND FLAMED...!! - FYI they work on all cars have personally seen it working on the OHC and Ford IKON. There is nothing to it but simple electronics. Need to have a proper installer.

Viper
Old 12th October 2005, 16:15   #20

flame throwers
hey just a few minutes back a friend of mine came over to my place and told me that flame throwers were available at a shop near shivajinagar,bangalore..hey says these give small bursts of flames from the exhaust on changin the gear and releasin the clutch(correct me if i am wrong)..isnt that cool..and whts the mechanism behind the flames comin out of the exhaust,is it legal 2 have these things fitted on our cars in india..sounds cool to me will surely go and check them out in a day or 2..
Old 12th October 2005, 16:23   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerockznrulz
flame throwers
hey just a few minutes back a friend of mine came over to my place and told me that flame throwers were available at a shop near shivajinagar,bangalore..hey says these give small bursts of flames from the exhaust on changin the gear and releasin the clutch(correct me if i am wrong)..isnt that cool..and whts the mechanism behind the flames comin out of the exhaust,is it legal 2 have these things fitted on our cars in india..sounds cool to me will surely go and check them out in a day or 2..
well yes they are available in bangalore at a shop called prodrive in shivajinagar..these flame throwers have a small spark plug which ignites the unburnt fuel coming out of the exhaust..hence the flame is produced..and when even putting dark tints is agaisnt the rules how in the world can we expect the FT to be legal..and btw these flames do not come out once the gear is changed and the clutch is released but u have a button and u can choose when to use the FT and disable the same..its just works like NOS..
Old 12th October 2005, 16:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

how much mclaren??......and how long will the flame be?
Old 12th October 2005, 22:03   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
how much mclaren??......and how long will the flame be?
well no idea buddy bcoz when i went there he didnt have stock..thank god he didnt otherwise i surely would have picked em up..already have spent 9k on underbody lighting and god knows how much these would have cost..i was told they start at 5k and pretty much go upto god knows where..
Old 12th October 2005, 22:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

McLaren..which car do u drive? And 9k for the neons!!!!
Old 12th October 2005, 23:08   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
McLaren..which car do u drive? And 9k for the neons!!!!
hhmm i drive a zen 2005 model karthik..well its not only neons that i have..also have strobes installed..well the guys on the audio forum call it disco 82 courtesy sam...
Old 12th October 2005, 23:32   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99octaneblaster
any idea whr i can get a decent FT lik that here in bombay???? bet itll look damn sexy!!! but the flame? hw much is it for?
u can contact dragger ya viper..they should have..so just PM them..
Old 12th October 2005, 23:37   #27
BANNED

Quote:
and one more thing ....if it burns unburnt fuelll..isnt thr some way u can tinker around with it...and make a continuous sexy illumination for the lisence plate?
well as u know a certain amount of fuel that doesnt burn out completely comes out of the exhaust..so this FT light up that fuel to give that spark..and ya its no way possible to tinker around with it to illuminate ur number plate..what exactly u wanna do..light up ur number plate and ur tank ..
Old 12th October 2005, 23:38   #28
BANNED

they start at 5k and can can be very expensive depending on how much u are willing to spend..
Old 12th October 2005, 23:48   #29
BANNED

Quote:
hehehe...yea i kno...i jus been full of these really crazy ideas lately...most of thm having a prtty good chnce of blowin up a decent car...lol...u got any advice on audio...i have a sony xlod deck...wanna decent cd changer....wat ya reccommend
well unless u wanna get urself warned and me too just create a new thread on the ICE forum and we can discuss about ur audio setup..we are going way off topic here..
Old 13th October 2005, 03:35   #30
BHPian

Autopsyche.... the cheaper ones..the ones with sparkplugs, will work only in PETROL Cars, as Diesel cannot be burnt with Sparkplugs... aint that rite?

Secondly, if the above is right, then the "Fuel Frame Thrower" will work in diesel cars or not? i am desperately trying to get hold of one, was about to bring one with me from australia, but well, my personal vehicles are always going to be diesel...! and cant even dream of putting such a thing in dads OHC1.5!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks