Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 17:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Same here. Does Mahindra give a choice not to have the chrome on the front grill? Is this something that can be done while buying?
I don't think so and you are better off trying to check with Mr.Behram from the forum.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:14   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Same here. Does Mahindra give a choice not to have the chrome on the front grill? Is this something that can be done while buying?
No, it cannot. Mahindra doesn't allow such customizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I don't think so and you are better off trying to check with Mr.Behram from the forum.
Good luck with that. He is in R&D and not involved with production.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:06   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Anti theft nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
@rjstyles69- Thanks for the details, buddy. One question that comes to my mind is- how to protect them from accessory lifters, something that happens regularly in public parking areas?
Hey..I have the same problem. I had hella lights for just 4 days and it was stolen! I park the car outside and not sure who has flicked it.

After this incident, I searched on Google and found out about Barri nuts [Anti theft nuts].

Barri Nut -- EE -- Expedition Exchange Incorporated

I am thinking of ordering a pair for myself and they said shipping to India would cost 30 $ for a pair. And one pair would cost 20 $! looks like a worthy spend!
Old 30th April 2010, 10:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the chrome on the Scorpio's grill can be done away with. when you buy the car, please inform the sales team not to put any stickers or decals. Also, do not opt for the 35k+ accessories kit. The ugly chrome decals come with the accessories kit, which in my opinion is a big rob for the customer!
Old 30th April 2010, 12:06   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Guys, the chrome on the Scorpio's grill can be done away with. when you buy the car, please inform the sales team not to put any stickers or decals. Also, do not opt for the 35k+ accessories kit. The ugly chrome decals come with the accessories kit, which in my opinion is a big rob for the customer!
I believe the chrome on the grill which is being referred to on this thread is the walrus tooth, and not chrome on the entire grill.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I believe the chrome on the grill which is being referred to on this thread is the walrus tooth, and not chrome on the entire grill.
Yes, the one on the center of the grill (as seen in RJ's Scorpio). Rest of the grill is body colored.
I doubt Scorpio comes now with entire chrome grill. May be that is part of the accessories kit?
Old 30th April 2010, 16:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the one on the center of the grill (as seen in RJ's Scorpio). Rest of the grill is body colored.
I doubt Scorpio comes now with entire chrome grill. May be that is part of the accessories kit?
I think it was the same piece of chrome being referred to. The entire grill in chrome and trust me a few of us would run for cover.I have seen a few of these real estate chaps with the kind of chrome you are talking about and definitely not a part of the stock package from the dealership.

Its just that center piece, however you can always go in for a DIY and change the chrome to something better.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Mahindra give a choice not to have the chrome on the front grill? Is this something that can be done while buying?
Sbraj, you do not have any option for this, it is either body colored or black.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 30th April 2010 at 20:13.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Sbraj, you do not have any option for this, it is either body colored or black.
I am not talking about the complete grill, but the chrome surrounding the logo.

Additional Lights for the Scorpio-grill_chrome1.jpg

See the above. Grill is body colored. My question is on that chrome in the centre.
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:31   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Off Topic?!

Hey guys, are we going a little off topic? ! I thought we were discussing about additional lights here and just ended up seeing grill & chrome discussion! [Sorry if its still relevant - not able to make out as I didnt go thru the details]

Any one has idea about anti theft nuts and its availability in India? Whats the best way to prevent the lights from being stolen?
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hey guys, are we going a little off topic? ! I thought we were discussing about additional lights here and just ended up seeing grill & chrome discussion! [Sorry if its still relevant - not able to make out as I didnt go thru the details]
I think it is relevant, and not off topic. Additional lights may hide the grill. Some may not like that, while some may. I personally like the grill to be seen, though I do not like the chrome on the grill.
Old 12th December 2010, 20:23   #42
BHPian

Re: Off Topic?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Any one has idea about anti theft nuts and its availability in India? Whats the best way to prevent the lights from being stolen?
I saw similar nuts in LF site - Referred as security nuts (10mm bolt (M10 x 1.5). However, not sure on whether its available anywhere in India. Can someone throw more nuts here
Old 12th December 2010, 20:32   #43
BHPian

Re: Light Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSY RAJA View Post
Please find attached Light Force Product brochure. Very informative.
Found a shop in Coimbatore selling Light Force.

Cosy Raja
Scorpio SLX, Skoda TPI, Bullet STD350.
Raja, can you PM me on where you found LF in Coimbatore. I presume it will be cheaper there compared to the pricing in Bangalore
Old 12th December 2010, 22:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Additional Lights for the Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi
Would anyone of you be able to help me get an answer to the question around the laws relating to the use (city/highway) of the extra spot lights. My friend was questioned by Chandigarh city police for installing them. It was day time and they were not in use but the cops were happy when a plastic cover was brought out and the lamps were covered. Is there any such law? Or is it city specific cops/laws.
I travel cross country a lot (quite a bit night travel as well) and have never been questioned by anyone in other parts of the country.
Rajain

LOL Chandigarh has this dubious distinction of challaning cars with fog lamps or auxillary lamps. In Delhi Newspaper ads of the Delhi Police say - USE FOG LIGHTS IN WINTER etc. God knows why Chandigarh has an issue

I think it is very state specific.

I always carry the covers for my Hella 1000's - just in case !!

Cheers
Old 12th December 2010, 22:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Additional Lights for the Scorpio

As per law no extra lights can be mounted apart from the manufacturer fitted. However in areas where fog normally occurrs or for inclement weather, extra lights can be mounted but not above the level of OEM lights and they too need to be covered when not required. Driving with extra fitted lights in normal conditions will lead to fine/challan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks