Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 23:40   #31
BHPian

arish1 activate pm in settings not able to send one.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Raj the workmanship on your Scorpio definitely looks gr8 . Can you PM me the price list for Gsport and also the location of the Andheri shop. I am planning to get my Punto interiors .
hi buddy, contact chetan on 09320091919

price for punto is not available with me, probably because its a new entry! i think it should cost around 5500-9000 depending on the leather quality.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:34   #33
BHPian

excellent thread Raj , another thread of yours which has forced me to rate it @ 5 stars. I guess if Punto pricing is not there then definitely not of Beat either? If they do not have the pricing and given these models are new then do you think we would be taking chances if owners of these cars were to get seat covers made (since everything inside is dis-assembled?) If it were me I would rather not have the initial experimenting done on my car.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

of course buddy, new cars always 'experimented' on, as you said, be it any brand. i would obviously not give my car in such conditions. but thats not the case with the punto. G sport has done some seat covers for the punto, its just that their price list is not updated.

and also, i think disassembling the seats from the car is child's play. they just need to remove four bolts & out comes the seats. what they should know is how to remove the arm rests (if they are fitted on the seat), plastic pieces on the sides of the seats, etc. also of you are doing the door pads, they should be aware of the bolts & the technique to remove the door pads. fortunately, for scorpio, they were well versed with it!
Old 29th March 2010, 06:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys do any of you heard of a brand called autoform ?
They are charging me 5k for swift seat covers. How good are they ? They are also art seat covers.
Old 29th March 2010, 10:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

read post # 1 buddy. i had contacted them. but IMO they were very unprofessional towards me.

i have not seen any of their works up close & personal but i have seen some pics & their fitting seems to be good. designs are good too.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:37   #37
BHPian

Could someone tell me if a Nappa leather seat cover would be slippery? I remember reading in one of the threads here about it but it was not a user report I guess.

After much thinking, I am planning to go for high quality leather for front two seats of my Safari (used the most, including arm rests) and mid range of PU covers for the second row and the jump seats. Had been to Marvin and I was quoted 16K+8.5K for the front Nappa covers in full and back PU combination respectively, no door/wheel/knob trims, no fancy design but plain black with creases in the stitching, earlier fabric cover to be taken off completely.

Took a look at the Highland leather at Marvin but it is too grainy and hard to the touch, so thinking of Nappa, feel is real good, only doubt now is if it would be slippery for everyday use, I do use seat-belt at all times though. There is one more quality called Monza, less grainy then Highland but I didn't take a good look. Will visit the showroom again before taking the plunge.

Any input is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:43   #38
BHPian

Do let us know Raj if the reason why art leather is not preferred in Mumbai holds true anymore? In terms of comfort level , heat emanating from the seats and finally with the notorious humidity does it cause the skin to stick to the seats and make one perspire even more? I dont mind if you do keep the a.c. on all the time, the last time I had tried sitting in a friends car with artificial leather seats in bombay, it was no fun. Just wanted to know if things have changed.

Also the g-sport site doesnt have any designs , just colors. What sort of designs can be made? Can one personalise the whole thing? Finally , noticed that you did not get the steering / handbrakes done - any reason?
Old 29th March 2010, 20:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Do let us know Raj if the reason why art leather is not preferred in Mumbai holds true anymore?
frankly, it does. Purely comfort wise, fabric is much better, leather has a better fitting & a luxurious look but it does get hot in mumbai's climate. nothing that you cannot bear, but still fabric has a edge over leather in this case.

Quote:
In terms of comfort level , heat emanating from the seats and finally with the notorious humidity does it cause the skin to stick to the seats and make one perspire even more? I dont mind if you do keep the a.c. on all the time, the last time I had tried sitting in a friends car with artificial leather seats in bombay, it was no fun. Just wanted to know if things have changed.
again it does! things have not changed much. biggest problem with leather is that it does not soak sweat as fabric does. it does get hot but as soon as you turn on the AC, it cools off fast too. but problematic areas are the backrest & seat base where the cool air does not reach (if you are sitting on it) & things can get a bit uncomfortable. i have no idea about what difference will genuine leather make. i think genuine leather will not be as hot or as sticky as art leather but i will recommend fabric for those looking for comfort.

Quote:
Also the g-sport site doesnt have any designs , just colors. What sort of designs can be made? Can one personalise the whole thing?
In mumbai's G sport, you are handed over a brochure having several designs. you can choose any design you want from the brochure. regarding the colours, again different colours are available depending on the material you choose. Genuine leather has a huge range of colours.

I have read somewhere in this forum that G sport in bangalore does make personalized seat covers for you with your own custom designs. However, i dont know whether thats applicable in mumbai. Since i am not too good in imagination, i preferred selecting a design from the brochure.

Quote:
Finally , noticed that you did not get the steering / handbrakes done - any reason?
yes, i purposely left out the steering wheel cover & handbrake. there are reasons-

1. Scorpio's steering wheel is already very chunky & infact it is very good to hold. so if i add a cover, it will become more fat!
2. As i said, leather does not soak sweat. i believe that during long drives, my palm may sweat & steering wheel can become wet & slippery.
3. steering wheel covers are hand stitched with genuine leather. even then, if i park my car in direct sunlight, the wheel may get very hot as the wheel is very close to the windscreen & hence totally exposed to sunlight (my car does not have a front windscreen film). so it will be very uncomfortable to hold the steering & drive.
4. As far as the handbrake cover is concerned, I dont find them to be fancy or attractive in any ways, so that was omitted too.

Infact, for me, i dont prefer the contact surfaces like steering wheel, gear lever & handbrake to be in leather- genuine or artificial.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
by the way guys, i have the price list of the entire G sport range for Art/Genuine Leather with respect to different cars, also of door trims. if anyone needs to know the pricing for their car, you can ask me.
Hey, how much for the Honda Civic? Both leather and art.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

i have replied in PM buddy.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:47   #42
BHPian

Hey Raj, excellent thread buddy, now you are my resident expert on the topic.
I am looking to get the same range done on my Fiesta. But my nagging worry with Art leather is the heating factor you mentioned. Was in a friends recently doneup scorpio parked in direct sunlight and i burned my bottoms off. Again i dnt prefer to have a film on the front windscreen and i am worried the dash and seats would get real hot in mumbai. The factory fitted Fabric is comfortable so far, i agree, but it tends to attract dust and cleaning it up is a royal pain. Wonder how i get around that issue. Any suggestions ??
Art leather seems to be a good VFM and looks a million bucks too.

Last edited by nairanupg : 25th May 2010 at 22:07.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

as you said, art leather looks fab & the fitting is perfect, unlike fabric covers.

i was a bit hesitant initially when i was to decide between art leather & fabric due to the heating issue, but now its been 2 months since i fitted the art leather seat covers & you know the climate of mumbai. its scorching hot but i dont feel too uncomfortable. maybe i got used to it. or maybe i adapted to it!

if my car is parked in direct sunlight & the seats have become too hot, before driving off, i start the car, lower the windows a bit & switch on the AC in full speed. in 2 mins, the seats become cold & then i sit inside.
Old 26th June 2010, 09:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Another option now available-

Few days back, i came to know that even bhpian ramie deals with leather brands like Stanley-Ovion-Haiton-Trust Leather, so mumbaikars have more options now!

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1943678
Old 26th June 2010, 23:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Best Material for Mumbai Climate?

Hi all,

I am desperately in need to change the seat covers of my Swift. I am presently using an art leather (not sure) kind of material which I had fitted around 5 years ago and they are now peeling off due to wear and tear. I had got them done from Milan Subway and paid arounf 3k for them. I dont mind going in for genuine leather and I really like the designs from G-Sport.

However, my concern and question here is; which is the best material for automobile upholstery for the humid & hot climate in Mumbai? I would like to use material which will not make me sweat too much in summer and is long lasting and which can be maintained in the rains too. Is leather a good option?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks