Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2006, 12:36   #31
BHPian

Aditya,
Nice to know you are having fun with your new mufflers.. Which Make did you go for?
post some pics if possible. I am planning to go for a free flow for my ikon torn between many dealers. Would love to hear and see your experience.
thx,
-shaz
Old 10th January 2006, 16:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
Aditya,
Nice to know you are having fun with your new mufflers.. Which Make did you go for?
post some pics if possible. I am planning to go for a free flow for my ikon torn between many dealers. Would love to hear and see your experience.
thx,
-shaz
new mufflers?

i got the headers and complete free flow custom made... courtesy Psycho.... contact him.... forget the dealers...
Old 23rd January 2006, 19:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
Hey great news aditya, congrats on the Free flow...Hows the FE now??
ok here is the update on the FE...

Driving style has changed drastically after these mod's... I have been taking her thru the gears till around 5k -5.5k RPM.... beyond that i have to brake...

hardly used fifth and sometimes shifted into fourth... mostly drove in second and shifted to third only in frustration to be stuck in slow moving traffic... when i checked the FE i was getting 10KMPL in city... was not convinced...

Tanked up at the one and only shell outlet in Chennai with regular unleaded... driving stlye same as above and unchanged... now the AC is also used as the city (Chennai) is getting warmer...

filled up an almost empty tank on the day before yesterday with 29 liters of unleaded regular fuel...

i had run the car for 362 kms in that week which included a joy drive to mahabalipuram touchin speeds of 140kmph in a breeze... (tires need attention so i did not get tempted to floor the pedal...)...

coming back to the point... i filled up on sat as mentioned above... and calculations give me an FE of 12.48kmpl TOUCHWOOD... which is awesome... as good as the FE i got without the mod's....

boy i wish shell has more outlets in the city (Chennai) as the only one is approx 10kms from my place (one way distance)....

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd January 2006 at 19:54.
Old 23rd January 2006, 23:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Free flow and headers and air-filter technically increase your efficiency. But your driving style will compensate for the increased efficiency.
Old 24th January 2006, 17:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Free flow and headers and air-filter technically increase your efficiency. But your driving style will compensate for the increased efficiency.
totally... most of the people complain that these mod's juice the mileage... thats cos they keep revving to hear the sound....
Old 26th January 2006, 13:05   #36
BHPian

free flow

guys i have a mpfi esteem am plannig to make it free flow have done it to my old esteem and also have installed a k&n as well pls suggest any other mods thhat i can do on the car any 1 knows the price for under glow pls pm me the price
Old 26th January 2006, 15:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess u must be setting the chennai roads on fire ..
You bet!! He's ripping the hell out of the poor souls in chennai. 105 kph in 2nd gear...I wish i had a 85bhp,1.3L engine too...
Old 8th June 2006, 16:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
You bet!! He's ripping the hell out of the poor souls in chennai. 105 kph in 2nd gear...I wish i had a 85bhp,1.3L engine too...
It's much quicker now.... had to get the muffler changed as it was fluttering too much... was making my car sound like a road transport bus....

so i got a new muffler from RAC... got a full service and tune up.... she is waaaay smoother, faster than before and sounds awesuuuuummmm....

anyway... i have a question...

the ECU wire is connected way down below onto the header pipes... exactly parallel to the ground... my knowledge this has to be moved closer to the manifold for the readings to be accurate or at least near accurate....

tell me guys.... do i go ahead and get the ECU wire position changed?

p.s. OT, nitrous/chennai T-bhp'ians lets organise a meet next weekend... i've been here for almost a year and hardly know the chennai boys.... time to meet up...
Old 8th June 2006, 16:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
... my knowledge this has to be moved closer to the manifold for the readings to be accurate or at least near accurate....
Why? If the sensor is reading only the composition and percentage of various gases, what difference does a distance of six inches from the valves make? Unless of course, there is a leak somewhere.
Old 8th June 2006, 16:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why? If the sensor is reading only the composition and percentage of various gases, what difference does a distance of six inches from the valves make? Unless of course, there is a leak somewhere.
it is more than 6 inches.... i wouldn't go thru so much trouble for 6 inches...
Old 8th June 2006, 17:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

does the position of teh O2 sensor matter ???
Old 8th June 2006, 17:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
anyway... i have a question...

the ECU wire is connected way down below onto the header pipes... exactly parallel to the ground... my knowledge this has to be moved closer to the manifold for the readings to be accurate or at least near accurate....

tell me guys.... do i go ahead and get the ECU wire position changed?
Well a few facts:

O2 sensors closer to the head tend to heat and respond much quicker than those kept at a distance, this is because of the time it takes to heat the O2 sensor up to its operating temparature.

However when you use headers, have noticed that people tend to keep it on one pipe only, this tend to provide the O2 sensor the out put of just 1 cylinder, assuming some day that cylinder has some problem it O2 sensor will give a faulty reading and the ECU will over compensate for all the cylinders this will lead to a faulty running car.

Quote:
so i got a new muffler from RAC... got a full service and tune up.... she is waaaay smoother, faster than before and sounds awesuuuuummmm....
Intresting again, looks like a normal service and an end can change can make cars way faster can you let us into the secret, been trying to do so for ages man.

Quote:
Well said, I too have a theory that says "Louder the exhaust the faster you think you go."

Last edited by Psycho : 8th June 2006 at 17:33.
Old 8th June 2006, 18:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Intresting again, looks like a normal service and an end can change can make cars way faster can you let us into the secret, been trying to do so for ages man. Well said, I too have a theory that says "Louder the exhaust the faster you think you go."
I did mention a tune-up too.... and seeing is believing... I glance at the speedo readings when i rip... my friends here have been witness too...

Before anyone mentions speedo error let me clarify an end can change / service / tune up has no relation to speedo calibrations cos my speedo was untouched...

Good news is that my new muffler will be replaced free of cost by RAC if it turns faulty in a year or two....

the point you made of the cylinder going faulty and screwing up readings however does make sense.... thnx

and there is no secret... you know where RAC is... Pay 'em a visit....

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th June 2006 at 18:07.
Old 8th June 2006, 18:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did mention a tune-up too.... and seeing is believing... I glance at the speedo readings when i rip... my friends here have been witness too...

Good news is that my new muffler will be replaced free of cost by RAC if it turns faulty in a year or two....

and there is no secret... you know where RAC is... Pay 'em a visit....
Mods feel free to delete if you feel necessary

Happy for you for getting a great job, Ranjit and Sanjay haapen to be good friends

Last edited by ajmat : 9th June 2006 at 09:47.
Old 8th June 2006, 18:55   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Well said, I too have a theory that says "Louder the exhaust the faster you think you go."
I certainly do agree with that .. My car SOUNDED way too quick when i was running the side pipe , however its all show no go .. Louder exhausts dont translate to quicker acceleration times but only leads to Mental belief that the car is quick .. Glad that im running a very mellowed down exhaust note, not to mention unnecessary trouble one gets into with cops here ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks