Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2005, 10:17   #16

If you guys can afford it, you must switch to HID kits. They are just so damn good. Makes everything else seem rather insignificant and since you dont have to cut anything (like for fogs) it makes so much sense....if only someone would give me 28K for a pair :-(

Micro FF's are about 4 - 6 K depending on where and who you buy it from. The FF 50 and FF 75 are in the region of 3 - 5 K. Bargain hard.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:21   #17
BANNED

Hey Carthick,

HID kits are not for 28k. You can get them as cheap as 14k for a single filament kit i.e. low beam only and 20k for twin beam. Prices will aslo vary from make to make. These are of course whole sale prices from importers.

Viper
Old 8th October 2005, 10:23   #18

what about the person coming from there side,doesn't it irritate him

Last edited by junior schumi : 8th October 2005 at 10:24.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:36   #19

H.I.D Kits

Hi Viper,

I know of stuff in the 14 - 16 range but ive also heard of them conking off in a couple of months. The kits for 24 onwards from some guys i know have slight differences in the quality of the ballast and the filament and of course the all important wire quality.
Sigh... still a tad too expensive for me though.... but im saving :-) Do let me know where you got your kit from. Will take a look see at the kit or at a car you've got these fitted to.

For Junior Schumi >

Properly focussed Light units (esp Halogen) - no matter what they are running wont blind anyone unless they are running high on a dual filament. Xenon (or HID as i prefer to call them) produce a spectrum of light that is actually easier to look at than facing a car running 130 halogens! So HID is actually safer - driver perspective and from the oncoming traffic perspective.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:44   #20
BANNED

Hey Buddy.

I don't have them was just letting you know. I use Philips Rally 100/130w in all my cars along with good spot beam type fogs also fitted with 100W H3 bulbs to positioned to sweep the road and not hurt the oncoming car driver.

Viper
Old 4th December 2005, 10:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick99
Do let me know where you got your kit from. Will take a look see at the kit or at a car you've got these fitted to.
Hey carthick99,
Yesterday, at the Autocar Show at Nehru Centre, I got p4 HID Xenon conversion kit fitted for my Baleno VXi for Rs14.5K. Could you comment on the quality of this kit? The Thai engineer at the stall seemed skilled enough, but the Indian mechanic whom he was training was rude, unprofessional and shoddy in his work. The Thai did one half of my car (quite well) while the Indian did the other half, screwing up my parking light while refitting. Moreover, the focusing has also been screwed up (sigh)...
Old 4th December 2005, 12:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Hey carthick99,
Yesterday, at the Autocar Show at Nehru Centre, I got p4 HID Xenon conversion kit fitted for my Baleno VXi for Rs14.5K. Could you comment on the quality of this kit? The Thai engineer at the stall seemed skilled enough, but the Indian mechanic whom he was training was rude, unprofessional and shoddy in his work. The Thai did one half of my car (quite well) while the Indian did the other half, screwing up my parking light while refitting. Moreover, the focusing has also been screwed up (sigh)...
YOu paid up 14.5K and stood there watching someone screw up your car and ...
Old 4th December 2005, 13:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
YOu paid up 14.5K and stood there watching someone screw up your car and ...
I realised only when I got back home...
Old 5th December 2005, 12:01   #24
BHPian

Hella fog lights in bangalore???

Quote:
If you guys can afford it, you must switch to HID kits. They are just so damn good. Makes everything else seem rather insignificant and since you dont have to cut anything (like for fogs) it makes so much sense....if only someone would give me 28K for a pair :-(

Micro FF's are about 4 - 6 K depending on where and who you buy it from. The FF 50 and FF 75 are in the region of 3 - 5 K. Bargain hard.

Could anyone please tell me where in Bangalore I can fix the Hella Fog Lamps?
Old 5th December 2005, 15:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

what about Hella Micro DE projector fog lamps ???????these are the ones that came as OE on the previous generations BMW's..
Old 16th February 2006, 12:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Buddy.

I don't have them was just letting you know. I use Philips Rally 100/130w in all my cars along with good spot beam type fogs also fitted with 100W H3 bulbs to positioned to sweep the road and not hurt the oncoming car driver.

Viper
Hey Viper

I have an Accent - and am looking at these 100/130s... can the unit (lamp assembly) handle it without yellowing/fogging/or plain melting?? ...

sujit
Old 16th February 2006, 14:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
that reminds me i had some really good fog lamps which i used to use on my esteem.but they are really good and bright and in city you dont need ur headlights as they provide sufficient light and also look good.
hey rev... are these stock fog lamps? i guess not cos the ones on my esteem suck... light is okie dokie... nothin great.... maybe u changed the bulbs as the stock fog bulbs are the 55w ones...
Old 16th February 2006, 16:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

no those werent stock fogs.they were hellas.dont know the model no. and stuff but were rreally bright.
Old 7th March 2006, 21:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

What are these bulbs sold on ebay? Ordinary bulbs passed off as Xenons??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-GAS-BULB...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 14th March 2006, 15:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what are the options for a person who just wants to change only the bulbs on the Baleno (without the hassles of doing the wiring, relays etc and without melting/dulling up the reflector) for better visibility ? What spec and brand bulb can I go for in this case ? I find the stock bulbs a pain. My M800 seemed to have better lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks