Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 04:14   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
What a difference the setup makes to the otherwise plain jane look. This looks aggressive. Kudos!.

The side visors and scratch guard does not go well with the new look of the car and boy, cant wait to see upsized wheels on this!!!.

Will look HOT!
Thanks artofzen. I like how the front scratch guard matches with the Projectors though. I could do without the side and rear guards and chrome beadings. Will do at a later stage.

Still waiting on that perfect wheel. Comin soon.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:48   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting for the headlight videos.. Also, let me know the HIDs used in them. Is it 4300k or 6000k.

There are N number of alloys in the market now. That "Perfect Wheel" is always one's personal choice. Hope you will install a good one.

PS - I personally dont like Plati. The mix of black and chrome looks cheap. You can try Lenso, Stamford.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:06   #63
BHPian

Hey Jo, check this below link. These wheels are available in both Chrome and hyper silver. You will not see many of these on our roads. Its a new design. I have the same wheels in 15" on my fiesta. They look really cool with bigger size rims.

They are available in both Decorsa and Platti. I got them for 22k for a set of 5 rims in 15". Will look really good on your car. Especially on a black car.

You can try them if you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor-images.jpg  

Old 20th May 2010, 11:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hey Jo, check this below link. These wheels are available in both Chrome and hyper silver. You will not see many of these on our roads. Its a new design. I have the same wheels in 15" on my fiesta. They look really cool with bigger size rims.
They are available in both Decorsa and Platti. I got them for 22k for a set of 5 rims in 15". Will look really good on your car. Especially on a black car.
You can try them if you like it.
Yep I have seen these in Plati at the showroom I checked out. It did catch my eye.

I did not want to go for black rims because it looks wierd when it gets dusty, but these 17inchers is sort of growing on me and I believe will look good. (Photoshop mockups below)
Nothing written on stone yet, still looking around. Let me know your suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor-182.jpg  

Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor-dsc023882.jpg  

Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor-imag01152.jpg  

Last edited by jocreative : 20th May 2010 at 11:20.
Old 20th May 2010, 11:38   #65
BHPian

Jo, these rims look really good on your car. Good choice man. Get them!!
Old 20th May 2010, 13:27   #66
BHPian

Finally!! the video is DONE DONE DONE!

I need to learn how to export videos better! The quality is quite low on this one and some of the pictures are dis-porportioned

Enjoy
Old 20th May 2010, 15:03   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Jo:

A great video for starters i should say.. I think it's a 4300k HID. Correct me if am wrong.
It looks like the left side gets more light output. And pretty heart breaking to see dust in your projectors.. Is it inside the setup? Great care should be taken while installing them.

As for the alloys, the Plati looks good. But as I had mentioned, am not a fan of these black alloys. After all it's a personal choice. Go for these if you really like them.
Old 20th May 2010, 15:08   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Jo:

A great video for starters i should say.. I think it's a 4300k HID. Correct me if am wrong.
It looks like the left side gets more light output. And pretty heart breaking to see dust in your projectors.. Is it inside the setup? Great care should be taken while installing them.

As for the alloys, the Plati looks good. But as I had mentioned, am not a fan of these black alloys. After all it's a personal choice. Go for these if you really like them.
I am not sure yet on the specs of the HID. I will have to check. Whatever comes with a stock toyota.
The dust is on the outside. I just did not wash the car before taking the video.

I am not a fan of black alloys either. As I mentioned it gets orangey and faded even if a little bit of dirt is on the rim or wheel. I am still on the border with this one, lets see if anything else turns up.
Old 20th May 2010, 15:24   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Jo:

You used the same HID as stock? Then it should be 4300k.

You can try full chrome (Like mine).Stamford has great designs, but very few available in India. You can check Lenso for some awesome designs, but they are expensive.

I was about to go for these. Really liked them but was expensive.

Then saw a similar design in Stamford and went for these. This is what I have. (Way cheaper than Lenso)
Old 20th May 2010, 15:36   #70
BHPian

Cool. I am going to do a little bit of looking around in the weekend and lets see what else is out there.
I feel the light output is quite even on both sides, but also think the right side is higher than the left.
Probbly when I go in for the tyres or maybe a seevice at the dealers I can ask them to align it better.
Old 20th May 2010, 15:50   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Cool. I am going to do a little bit of looking around in the weekend and lets see what else is out there.
I feel the light output is quite even on both sides, but also think the right side is higher than the left.
Probbly when I go in for the tyres or maybe a seevice at the dealers I can ask them to align it better.
Ya, Check out these chrome alloys and try to align the headlight so that the output is better.
Update the progress.!
Old 20th May 2010, 16:16   #72
BHPian

Hey, I never thought the corolla might look so cool. It looks stunning.
Now all it needs are some good alloys. The alloy designs look cool. Am a big fan of five spoke alloys.
Hope you find the perfect ones for your car.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:37   #73
BHPian

No luck finding alloys yet. Still on the look out.

On a side note: A Transport bus pushed onto my lane when he had the whole left lane for himself and broke my rear view mirror! Boiled the blood in all parts of my body man! It broke at the joint thats attached on the car.
Took it to the dealer because I did not want to ride it with a ear fallen off and dangling freely... and he said it costs Rs13,500 of the entire set!! Dang!! I asked him if he could do it by just fixing the joint holder because the mirror set itself was fine. He said nope, it only comes as a set! He suggested that I could claim it under insurance, and also fix the minor nicks and scratches under insurance too. Thought that was a good idea... So I my car is now in the hospital and will be discharged only by next friday or the week after. But hopefully by then all my minor probs should be fixed (random pixelated jumbled text on stereo LCD, non-functioning cigarrate port, bad paint job from my last scratch near the rear bumper).

In the mean time, the search continues.
Old 28th May 2010, 08:47   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Took it to the dealer because I did not want to ride it with a ear fallen off and dangling freely... and he said it costs Rs13,500 of the entire set!! Dang!!
Jo, sorry to hear about your encounter and the damage. It must have been so disappointing. :(

I am surprised to read how expensive the SV mirror is. Wow. I thought it was around 7K each. I never use the SV mirrors in the city as Pune traffic has two wheelers that generally scrape and break/damage the mirror in their hurry to get to the ahead of the traffic waiting at a signal. I can manage with the RVM.

Cheers!

PS - I loved the Lenso alloys that some of our TBHPians have fitted on their Civics. Did you check Lenso?

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th May 2010 at 08:49. Reason: added alloy comment
Old 28th May 2010, 10:06   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On a side note: A Transport bus pushed onto my lane when he had the whole left lane for himself and broke my rear view mirror! Boiled the blood in all parts of my body man! It broke at the joint thats attached on the car.
Took it to the dealer because I did not want to ride it with a ear fallen off and dangling freely... and he said it costs Rs13,500 of the entire set!! Dang!! I asked him if he could do it by just fixing the joint holder because the mirror set itself was fine. He said nope, it only comes as a set! He suggested that I could claim it under insurance, and also fix the minor nicks and scratches under insurance too. Thought that was a good idea... So I my car is now in the hospital and will be discharged only by next friday or the week after. But hopefully by then all my minor probs should be fixed (random pixelated jumbled text on stereo LCD, non-functioning cigarrate port, bad paint job from my last scratch near the rear bumper).

In the mean time, the search continues.
Jo..

Man.. That's really bad. Hope you guys are recovering well (You & your car). These ORVMs are expensive. Maruti once quoted 2.5 for my Swift's mirror

Anyways, Let me know hen you finalize on the alloys. Do check out Lenso.
Cheers.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks