Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2006, 20:43   #46
BHPian

NGK Iridium Spark Plug or Hyundai Stock Spark Plug??

Hi,

I have a query abt NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, hope all the technical gurus can solve the issue.

The Spark Plugs in my Santro have finished their life i suppose. I had given my car to Sharayu Hyundai for checkup. They are telling me 2 replace the Spark Plugs with new ones.

Now i wud like 2 knw the difference between NGK Iridium and the Hyundai Stock Spark Plugs.

Also if i put the NGK ones do i need 2 change the SPark Plug wiring also along with it.

Finally wat performance difference will it make 2 my ride.

Thanx
Old 12th June 2006, 20:47   #47
BANNED

Hi,

Try the OWS Iridium plugs. Have found them to perform better in my car(Getz). Had NGK Iridiums before the OWS.

The irdium plugs are far better(costlier) than the OE plugs and will offer better pickup, power and FE.

Viper
Old 12th June 2006, 20:50   #48
BHPian

Thanx viper,

But need 2 knw more abt them.

And ya how much does the OWS cost in Mumbai

does four seasons walla have it.

Also did u change the cables in ur Getz.
Old 12th June 2006, 21:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

@ rareone; what your car's odo reading ? just curious.
Old 13th June 2006, 10:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
@ rareone; what your car's odo reading ? just curious.
Touched 50,000kms just recently
Old 13th June 2006, 11:24   #51
BHPian

Hey dude !! Saw your car on sunday at the imax.. guess it looks pretty fine ! Just that you need a good polishing to your car to get that typical shiney black and wat i think would look good in terms of modding your car will only be the hood.. and not the too jassy hoods.. something simple... & just like the others said for performance .... free flow exhaust / spark plugs / external air filter.
Old 13th June 2006, 12:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Hey dude !! Saw your car on sunday at the imax.. guess it looks pretty fine ! Just that you need a good polishing to your car to get that typical shiney black and wat i think would look good in terms of modding your car will only be the hood.. and not the too jassy hoods.. something simple... & just like the others said for performance .... free flow exhaust / spark plugs / external air filter.
Hey Ollie,

Thanx for the comments
I already have Free Flow Exhaust from Automech, Spark Plugs i m putting soon, and K&N Air Filter is already installed.

Abt the hood u suggested let me see, i m also planin 2 get a custom spoiler.

Lets c if u knw where can these b made let me knw.

Thanx
Old 13th June 2006, 12:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Teh K&N ; is it a conical or replacement? Pix of thsoe pls... and if possible the pix of teh freeflow too
Old 13th June 2006, 12:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Teh K&N ; is it a conical or replacement? Pix of thsoe pls... and if possible the pix of teh freeflow too
The K&N is a Stock Replacement Air Filter. Give me a days time i will take snaps and upload soon...
Old 24th June 2009, 17:46   #55

Performace Mods on Santro zing XO

Hi guys. I have a 2007 santro Zing Xo. Can some one help me with what performance upgrades are possible on this car. I am exploring installing a turbo charger. Is it possible? If yes how and where in delhi??

Cheers.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th June 2009 at 18:19. Reason: Search please before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:20   #56
BHPian

Re: Suggest Some Performance Mods for Santro

Hi everyone, I own a 2008 Santro Xing Erlx too. Nice to see that this thread has good activity. I would like to have your help seniors. Can you tell me the suggested brands for the following parts?

1) Conical Air Intake
2) Free Flow Exhaust(Full setup)
3) Rubber
4) Alloys

What is your take on having a short throw shift kit on Santro? And do iridium plugs and performance cables really make any improvement in performance?

Would also like to know about some good tuning firms around Kochi & Bangalore..

Fingers crossed for your reply..

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2013 at 14:09. Reason: PM coming up
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss11011988 View Post
Hi everyone, I own a 2008 Santro Xing Erlx too. Nice to see that this thread has good activity. I would like to have your help seniors. Can you tell me the suggested brands for the following parts?

1) Conical Air Intake
3) Rubber
4) Alloys

What is your take on having a short throw shift kit on Santro? And do iridium plugs and performance cables really make any improvement in performance?

Would also like to know about some good tuning firms around Kochi & Bangalore..

Fingers crossed for your reply..
1) Apollo or K&N.
2) Sparco
3) Michelin XM2
4) Many choices - Alloys are lighter and only add a negligible % to performace.

Iridium plugs do increase performance but reduce Engine life by 10,000 kms. You also can change the manifold and increase the air intake but all that translates to lesser engine life.

- I too have a 2007 Santro XO but did not do performance as its a tall boy. IF i had a Civic, would have tried. More speed + tall boy = less control. This is my theroy.

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2013 at 14:09. Reason: SMS language removed from quoted post
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 11:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can u tell me the suggested brands for the following parts?

1) Conical Air Intake
3) Rubber
4) Alloys
1 - Conical Intake is available from different brands and you can contact RRP / PowerWheels/ EVO or any accessories store in bangalore and they should be able to get you a branded Conical Intake. K&N, Cosworth, GreenFilter are a few brands which you can source here in Bangalore.
PM member " sankar " from TVM and find out where he got the Conical Intake for his A-star.

2 - If you are ok coming to Bangalore then look no further than Raj Hingorani from Powerwheels if you are on a budget. Else go to RRP and be ready to shell a few extra bucks.

3 & 4 - Bangalore again has a lot of good tire stores and you can look at the tbhp directory for dealers here.

Quote:
What is your take on having a short throw shift kit on Santro? And does iridium plugs and performance cables really make any improvement in performance?
No offense, but why spend money on a short shifter for a santro ? The million dollar question is do you really need it ? I would say use that extra money and get some drool alloys and good tires.

On a lighter note, iridium plugs gives you about 4-5 bhp increase in power . See if you can source them locally in Cochin.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 14:47   #59
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2013 at 16:36.
Dhams is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks