Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2006, 17:53   #136
BHPian

Hey Nimish!!

I got it ordered from a friend of mine, it costed me Rs. 6500! which was well worth it!!

Cheers!!
Abix
Old 20th April 2006, 20:16   #137
BHPian

hehe, heres a lil photoshop work of mine, not perfect but kinda gives the idea what those tail lights wud look like!!

Old 20th April 2006, 20:27   #138
Senior - BHPian

very nice........ how big are the rims
Old 20th April 2006, 20:28   #139
BHPian

Hey Khanak!

Thanks

its got 17's on 205/40/17 Hankook tyres
Old 20th April 2006, 20:35   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix
Hey Khanak!

Thanks

its got 17's on 205/40/17 Hankook tyres
do you have any problems with tht upsize? the rear bumper looks a lot better in those pics the only thing a bit wierd are those fins........ overall your car looks real good man. get a black sticker over the b pillar. thttl improve the look
Old 20th April 2006, 20:42   #141
BHPian

No problems at all!! The arches are big enuff and the turning radius isnt compromised either, infact can go for 18s also however, wud have to lower profile, which our Indian roads would completely destroy! Although ride quality has gone down a bit, but its hardly noticeable! I agree with you, im not happy about my rear bumper either! Lookin for new designs, n yeah plannin on coverin the pillars with black tape too! Next project- either a turbo or maybe a custom painjob - thinkin candy red!

Abix
Old 21st April 2006, 08:02   #142
BHPian

Hi Everybody,

Am reletively new to this great forum and hence didn't want to post this message as a response to an old thread.
I got my Swift ZXi in the month of October 2005. I had a little money to spend on accessories and I wanted to fit in only those reccommended by Maruti. The dealer suggested a K&N filter and I asked him quite a few times if Maruti approved it and he replied "Yes".

I had it on for a week when somebody asked me to check directly with Maruti if my warranty will get void with a K&N filter. I did and guess what, Maruti does not reccommend a K&N filter. To cut the long story short, Maruti must have given a tongue lashing to the dealer because the dealer called me up and changed back the filter to the original paper filter and refunded the entire amount. However, there were a few questions unanswered that I am hoping that someone technically sound will be able to enlighten me.

1. If the K&N filters improve the performance of the car, why is it that none of the car manufacturers even offer it as an option? Does it require retuning of the car as the ECM is optimized for a certain Air Flow volume?
2. I asked this question to K&N directly over email and they did not have an answer as well. They replied that Car manufacturers want to make money by making us change Air Filters more often. Considering the cost difference of the Air Filters and the frequency of the change, the answer didn't sound logical.
3. How do the K&N filters change performance? Mileage, Power, the sound of the Air intake, anything else? One friend told me that you notice the difference when you do high speeds and need to overtake.
4. What are the downsides of using a K&N filter (Apart from voiding the warranty of the car)?

In the one week that I actually used the car with the filter, I saw no jump in the FE or power. But then I was mostly doing city driving and in Bangalore.

Looking forward to some enlightenment.

Sharath
Old 21st April 2006, 09:06   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu

1. If the K&N filters improve the performance of the car, why is it that none of the car manufacturers even offer it as an option? Does it require retuning of the car as the ECM is optimized for a certain Air Flow volume?
They believing optimising noise, fuel economy, manufacturing cost and lost at ways of increasing servicing revenue

Quote:
2. I asked this question to K&N directly over email and they did not have an answer as well. They replied that Car manufacturers want to make money by making us change Air Filters more often. Considering the cost difference of the Air Filters and the frequency of the change, the answer didn't sound logical.
They are correct also car manufacturers like to err on side of caution

Quote:
3. How do the K&N filters change performance? Mileage, Power, the sound of the Air intake, anything else? One friend told me that you notice the difference when you do high speeds and need to overtake.
In the case of replacement filters, there is a slight increase. If you really want a big change go for a universal filter + induction kit. You get significant change in engine response. Replacing the filter is likewatching Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, tickles but not much more. The universal filter is like having Sharon Stone sitting next to you !!!! (old man knows what I was watching yesterday)

Quote:
4. What are the downsides of using a K&N filter (Apart from voiding the warranty of the car)?
[/quote]

You tend to rev engine to hear the car breath, people turn around when you gun the engine

consider this - wait till last (third) free service is done. Switch to a universal filter. Being a maruti, there is very little that is going to go wrong to expect something wrong during the second year. If something goes wrong - put the old system back - all it takes is 30 min!
Old 7th May 2006, 17:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

Seen this about half hour back.
Has white roof, white RVM's, skirts.

Are those really sensors on the rear?!?!

Decent wheels though.

Old 7th May 2006, 22:15   #145
BHPian

Ok cool, it really suits his likes.........but why are they tring to impliment the style or a copy a mini cooper???? It is an insult for that beauty!!! The Swift is not more than a piece of **** in front of the cooper. Why cant they leave thye swift alone???? No offence to Swift fans but just dont like this idea of ppl modding their swifts to make it look like a cooper! For heaver sake, the cooper is smaller, faster and way better looking the the colour combo as well as the black vinyl skirt goes with its look but with the swift........ewwwww.......bad taste. These guys gotta get a life...FAST!!!!
Old 8th May 2006, 15:01   #146
BANNED

those are real sensors used for reversing. same wheels i have on my car too
Old 8th May 2006, 17:10   #147
Senior - BHPian

Those wheels are the Neo Matrix and come for around 15k however they also come in imported form and have chrome all over them. Few authorised showrooms like honda, maruti also keep them and sell them at steep prices with honda, suzukis badging. 40k to be precise.

Cheers
Old 8th May 2006, 20:33   #148
BHPian

Hi guys Ive already done some work on my swift added a new kit and neons will post some pics of my ride
Old 8th May 2006, 21:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
those are real sensors used for reversing. same wheels i have on my car too
They have to be after-market ones for sure. Any idea how much they cost?!
Old 14th May 2006, 07:16   #150
BHPian

Hey guys, maybe you all know but Lenso alloy wheels are here in India now! Am thinkin of changin my rims to one of the beauties shown in their catalogue! Please do suggest which one y'all wud think would make my beast look even meaner!

http://www.lensowheel.com/ecatalog/

Cheers

Abix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks