Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 10:05   #1
BHPian

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs

Hello Fellows.

Ad in yesterday's TOI.

2 Ton Hydraulic Jack
12V Compressor
25 Pc Tool Kit
Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit

All this for 1999 Rs + 299 Rs (Shipping Charges)

Brand name is Universal. Googled it, no website I guess.

Is it worth?
Old 17th September 2010, 11:31   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

@Prateek; By the looks of it it looks attractive - BUT often the stuff in this type of a deal is very low end.

After having suffered once when I found when required, that the hydraulic jack has leaked, I will look at powered screw or pneumatic jacks but not hydraulic. Compressor shoule be Ok (available in the market for under Rs.1000). Tool kit - may be of very poor quality. Puncture repair kit - if you go by the recent ads of Michelin these may not be the best choice. They recommend that you get off the rim repairs with a mushroom patch.

I will not buy this kit. I also saw the advertisement.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about the current prices but when I bought a Hydraulic Jack it cost me 1100Rs and still it's working fine(bought it 3 years back).
12V compressor would be around 450Rs.
Puncture repair kit also around 350-400Rs.
Not sure what kind of toolkit it is but you are still left with (2300-1100-450-400 =) 350Rs and you might get a good toolkit by adding few more bucks.
BTW, the prices I've mentioned are old prices and I'm not sure about current pricing. Things are costlier anyway.

I'm not sure about the Michelin ad but the puncture repairs done on my wheels are holding pretty well for a long time.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:54   #4
BHPian

Dont buy it.
That kit is complete rubbish. (I have a friend who bought it)

For jacks and toolkits, I posted this link on the 4x4 thread today. He has good bottle jacks for 600 rs odd.
Toolkits are expensive, any good toolkit will be upwards of 1500/2000 if you want a complete set.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post2072523
Old 17th September 2010, 12:09   #5
BHPian

Thank you all. I too had a feeling that this would be low end stuff.

My primary interest is in 12V compressor and puncture repair kit. Read too many posts comparing manual pump and electric compressor, not able to make up my mind.

Btw, what is this Michelin ad about? I guess I missed it.
Old 12th October 2010, 15:51   #6
BHPian

Guys, I bought a air compressor and tubeless tyre repair kit from US. It costed me around Rs2100/-

Brand is SLIME

Air compressor is great, very fast, silent and powerfull!

Im not sure on how will i use the repaid sealant. Any one has any experiences with it?
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-02.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-03.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-05.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-06.jpg  

Old 12th October 2010, 16:24   #7
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Not sure about the current prices but when I bought a Hydraulic Jack it cost me 1100Rs and still it's working fine(bought it 3 years back).
can i have the brand of jack and place where you bought it in Bangalore?
Old 8th July 2011, 09:44   #8
BHPian

Emergency Tool Kits for Car and SUV

I saw this in one of the mainstream newspaper.

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-post1.jpg

It lists following items for Rs.2199/-+299/-
1. 2-Ton Bottle Hydraulic Jack
2. 12V Air Compressor Works with Cigarette Lighter Socket
3. 41 PCS Utility Tool kit
4. Car Tyre Repair Kit
5. Heavy Duty Car Vacuum Cleaner with Power Search Light

These items looks handy and useful during travel to secluded places.
Has anybody seen/brought these kits.
What about their quality? Are they cheep Chinese imports?
I wanted to buy item 1 and 2 as emergency kit during my travels. Is it worth it?
If not, Can somebody please advice if Item 1 and 2 (Good quality) could be brought from retail market in Delhi?
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:51   #9
BHPian

Re: Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 23

Inline with the same AD, I am interested in getting an Air Compressor that runs out of the 12V cigarette lighter socket.

Any feedback on the following

Air Compressor for Rs 589/-
Buy Hi Power 12v Car Electric Air Compressor Tyre Pump | Lowest prices on Automobiles at Rediff Shopping.

Again similar one for Rs 2,574/-
Car Electric Tyre Pump, Buy Now Car Electric Tyre Pump

Questions I have for anyone who used one of these.

1. When I plug it into the 12v Cig lighter Socket, will the compressor be up and running on the spot ? Or do I need to wait for x minutes for the chamber to pressurize before I can start filling the tyres ?

2. If I need to wait for the chamber to pressurize what would be the wait time ?

3. Can we pre-set the pressure ? or is it like fill and check / fill n check types ?

Thanks
Fillmore
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:20   #10
BHPian

Re: Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 23

If you ask me - Don't buy that compressor. I bought one from Ebay for around Rs.600/- about a year ago. Completely useless. The unit heats up quickly, but it takes a very long time to pump up even a few pounds. I used it only once and regretted buying that. These cheap Chinese products are worthless. Forget their tool kit. You would be better off to buy American(expensive - but lasts a lifetime) or Indian good quality tool kit.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore
Inline with the same AD, I am interested in getting an Air Compressor that runs out of the 12V cigarette lighter socket.

Any feedback on the following

Air Compressor for Rs 589/-
Buy Hi Power 12v Car Electric Air Compressor Tyre Pump | Lowest prices on Automobiles at Rediff Shopping.

Again similar one for Rs 2,574/-
Car Electric Tyre Pump, Buy Now Car Electric Tyre Pump

Questions I have for anyone who used one of these.

1. When I plug it into the 12v Cig lighter Socket, will the compressor be up and running on the spot ? Or do I need to wait for x minutes for the chamber to pressurize before I can start filling the tyres ?

2. If I need to wait for the chamber to pressurize what would be the wait time ?

3. Can we pre-set the pressure ? or is it like fill and check / fill n check types ?

Thanks
Fillmore

These chinese compressors are not reliable, depends on luck basically .
You can buy the compressor from Tropicool or from LIMI.Both are same with different badging.

Come with 1 yr warranty and you can also preset the pressure digitally. Cost Around Rs.2800.

You don't need to wait before you can start filling.Its Instant.

Last edited by k2max6 : 2nd December 2011 at 13:14.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 09:58   #12
BHPian

Car Maintenance Kit - Times of India

Hello folks,

I came across the following "Car Maintenance Kit" advertisements (ads) in Times of India newspaper, dated 13-Feb-2012.

Combo 1 (from Naaptol):
  1. Air Compressor - for checking and setting tyre pressure
  2. Car Vacuum Cleaner - to clean floors and corners inside the car
  3. Car Dent Remover - to set the dents right
  4. Car Scratch Remover - to remove scratches
  5. Car Tyre Repair Kit - NOT SURE what this means!
Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc00982.jpg

Combo 2 (from Indiatimes Shopping):
  1. Air Compressor - for checking and setting tyre pressure
  2. Car Vacuum Cleaner - to clean floors and corners inside the car
  3. Jack - WHAT'S the need of this second jack in a car?
  4. Tool Kit - NOT SURE what use this can be put to!
  5. Car Tyre Repair Kit - NOT SURE what this means!
Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc00984.jpg

Points to be noted
  • As per the offer, both Combos are chargeable @ Rs 2199 + Rs 299 (delivery charges) =~ Rs 2500 /-.
  • Payment option also includes Cash on Delivery.
  • Based on individual needs, one combo might be more attractive than the other, but typically for a regular car user, I felt Combo 1 could be more suitable in terms of usability, need and value for money.
  • The Vacuum Cleaner in the Combo 2 seems to be better than the one in Combo 1.
  • Combo 2 comes with a Gift Coupon worth Rs 250 /-.

Questions
:
  1. Do any of you / your friends / people you know have any experience with such tools bought in the market or bought through such advertisements?
  2. Are these tools good enough to do the job they are meant to do? I wouldn't expect class, but if these do the basic stuff and do no harm, it might actually help.
  3. If these are really worth giving a try, which of the above two Combos is a better pick?
Thanks,
C_
Old 14th February 2012, 10:01   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Car Maintenance Kit - Times of India

I will be very wary of these el cheapo deals.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 10:23   #14
BHPian

Both these websites aren't very reliable, just a warning.

And as sgiitk said, quality will be a big question mark.
Old 14th February 2012, 10:44   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I will stay away ! The discounted price is closer to retail price/market price than the "orginal price" shown there.

Two items in the above that MAY last are the tool kit & the jack.

The compressor & the vacuum cleaner can give up at any time .. not just if bought from ToI /Indiatimes, but the ones that have been shown here.

The scratch remover ? dont expect much from this. Some people have reported unsatisfactory results from even branded scratch removal products.

Same as above for dent removal.

The puncture remover ? chances are one would damage a tyre when trying a repair & buy a new one for 4k-5k. Isn't it better to spend 100 on puncture repair ?

Jacks like the one shown above are easily available in the market. If you want a good vacuum cleaner, get a Black & Decker if possible.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed