Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 23:32   #91
BHPian

Re: Made a car out of scrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Hey Tejas,
Quite some time that you posted on this thread.
Is your project still on? Can you share some of your concepts on the structure?
A bit curious to know the project status.
-UB
Hi UB_007
The project is definately on, but I was busy with my exams so couldn't dedicate much time to it. I have recently got the car a brand new pair of MRF tyres. I'll get the other pair later. Also started the car after a quick carb clean up. The car was idle for about 2 months after the brake fluid leaked out of the reservoir. This too has been sealed. Next, I'll get the car serviced and keep posting further developments.
About the structue, the rear section which houses the engine has been take form bajaj 4-stroke rickshaw and so is the engine. The front part has been fabricated out of C-sections (made by bending metal sheets on a hydraulic machine). The car has been designed for experimental purposes and not for racing or off roading. Hence I have made the structure very simple. I am putting up a few safety measures though since I am planning to use the car for going around.
Old 24th September 2011, 00:41   #92
BHPian

Carried out the following maintainance work on the car recently.
Rear tyres changed.
Carb cleaned.
Engine oil changed.
Brake system overhauled. Leaks fixed.
Propeller shafts greased, boots changed.
Removed the starter. Bendix was stuck with the flywheel. Needs to be replaced.
Wasn't using the starter anyways since the battery is dead. Its easy to push start the car. A new battery, and the starter will soon be installed. Will also lay the wiring in the car.

The engine has become very smooth after the work. Also realised that the engine is in a fantastic condition. The oil level hasn't reduced even after 18 months of use. Also, the spark plug is clean and neat. These are the indications of a good engine. Got the car on road after a long time. Felt very good.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:02   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Carried out the following maintainance work
The engine has become very smooth after the work. Also realised that the engine is in a fantastic condition. The oil level hasn't reduced even after 18 months of use. Also, the spark plug is clean and neat. These are the indications of a good engine. Got the car on road after a long time. Felt very good.
Good job. Are you also going to start with the body works as well? I am sure most of us here would be interested on how your car looks with new parts.
Good to know that the powertrain is in mint condition.

-UB
Old 30th September 2011, 14:44   #94
BHPian

I have no clue, how I missed this thread, and that too for so long!

If you still haven't finalised at any name -

Some names that came to my mind are:

1. Model-T4s
( Since it so looks as practical and as bare as the Ford Model-T - with 4 Stroke )

2. Ti-180
( pronounced like Tee-180 , TI - stand for Tejas Ingle, and 180 for the approx cc. of the vehicle)

3. Tingle
( mixed up your name a bit- hope you dont mind )

4. T4s
( pronounced as Tee-Force, with your name, and indicates again, resemblance with the Model-T in terms of simplicity and basic design, and 4Stroke )

Where are you now?
and, what are the updates?

Thanks,

Ace.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
1. Model-T4s
( Since it so looks as practical and as bare as the Ford Model-T - with 4 Stroke )

2. Ti-180
( pronounced like Tee-180 , TI - stand for Tejas Ingle, and 180 for the approx cc. of the vehicle)

3. Tingle
( mixed up your name a bit- hope you dont mind )

4. T4s
( pronounced as Tee-Force, with your name, and indicates again, resemblance with the Model-T in terms of simplicity and basic design, and 4Stroke )

Where are you now?
and, what are the updates?

Thanks,

Ace.
I liked 2nd and the 4th name. I had thought about Tingle too , but its dictionary meaning did not excite me. I hadn't thought on these lines before and I'll definitely consider these names. Looks like I'll do the final naming when the car is complete. No other updates as of now except that I drive the car around regularly.
Now I am in Pune itself and waiting to join my first job from monday .
Old 18th May 2012, 12:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Looks like I'll do the final naming when the car is complete. No other updates as of now except that I drive the car around regularly.
Now I am in Pune itself and waiting to join my first job from monday .

So, Tejas:
- is the car complete?
- did you get around to the naming ceremony (for which we can have a local meet), or can I continue to call it Scrappy?
- how are things at your new job?
Old 18th May 2012, 20:38   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
So, Tejas:
- is the car complete?
- did you get around to the naming ceremony (for which we can have a local meet), or can I continue to call it Scrappy?
- how are things at your new job?
Things are quiet good at the job. The technical stuff from various parts of India has kept me busy. Currently I am in Mumbai, earlier I was in Chandigarh and Delhi, spent some time at Ahmedabad, next week I'll be in Lucknow so I'll be missing the meet again.
This is the reason why you aren't seeing any updates on this thread. Scrappy (You can continue to use this name for the time being) is sitting at my place. Even my Pulsar sat idle for 45 days but now I got her to Mumbai.
I hope my work schedule gets regularised soon and i get deputed in Pune so that I can complete my several incomplete projects (There are many new threads waiting to be created ). I have become impatient and the site of these projects makes me restless.
Thanks a lot for letting me know that you too care .
Please keep me motivated.

Most Viewed