Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/24991-article-choosing-right-set-tyres-your-car-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoomdo (Post 1126944)
1. Is it better to change both front tyres together or can it be done one at a time? I was planning to put the new tyre on the front left and the existing front left on the front right and use it a further 3 to 4000 kms.

If the CEATs have run 40,000 kms, I would change all 4 tyres. If not, atleast change the front two as an absolute essential.

Quote:

3. If I change both the tyres, should I stick to CEAT (they have really served me well)?
As long as you are happy with them.

Quote:

4. As I mostly drive in city rush (75% of total distance done), guess its best to stick to the same width and profile?
Look up the many 800 tyre upgrade threads for more info.

Thanks GTO...will change both my front tyres for now.

Any advise on my below query pls? Is wearing on the inner edge normal?

Quote:

5. Does the wearing of only the inner edge indicate any problem with the alignment?

Quote:

5. Does the wearing of only the inner edge indicate any problem with the alignment?

Yes. It sounds like you may need to increase your camber. Also check your toe settings. Toe out and too much negative camber will wear out the inside edge of your tires.

Since you do mostly low speed city driving, you can get away with mixing tires. Just don't try to track a high performance car with mismatched tires!

Hi BHPians,

I need a urgent expert advice on upgrading Tyre for the Honda city ZX.

The tyres are worn out and the existing OE tyres are not giving enough grip in high speeds.We are not looking at 15inches but to get better ride quality and grip.

1.Which is the best upgrade in 14 inch- 185/65 or 195/65 ?

2.Which alloys are good ? OE or After Market or which brand is good.

Please let us know your feedback

Thanks in Advance

Ram

josh would suggest "Turanza" bridgestone its worth the money.

:OT i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but:
Can the OEM Hyundai Verna Steel Rims fit on a Hyundai Getz???

Note: If someone knows the right thread for this, please point me in the right direction.

Should fit, both are 100 PCD & 4 bolt.

Just found a nice little presentation on tyre safety. You may like to go through the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 1132792)
Yes. It sounds like you may need to increase your camber. Also check your toe settings. Toe out and too much negative camber will wear out the inside edge of your tires.

Since you do mostly low speed city driving, you can get away with mixing tires. Just don't try to track a high performance car with mismatched tires!

Its really not a good idea to mix tyres. Diffrent tyres have different grip levels, etc. For eg. the car may not go in a straight line on emergency braking!

Best to stick to one brand. And keep tyres with same/similar wear on the same axle.

Hi!

Good thread GTO, thanks for the ppt is relly usefull.

I wanted to know more on low profile tyres. Are they a bit hard on the suspension, morover is it only for the looks that ppl go in for low profiles??

If your travelling is frequent on the express highway, what type of tyres would you suggest? And what care is to be taken whilst travelling on the expess?

^^^Low profile tyres will be hard on the suspension. Ride quality will suffer too.

People go for them for looks and handling.

For any kind of high speed travelling, grip is very important. Tyres like Yokohama, Michellin, etc., are known to have better grip.

For high speed travelling, make abs. sure your tyre pressure is correct. Not easy unless you have an accurate gauge. Also, keeping the pressure say a couple of psi higher is recommended for high speed driving.

Thanks a lot for the info, after going through this I got myself a Uni-Directional tyre, F1. Really good tip. A must read before buying any type of Tyre.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky_s_world (Post 1248748)
Hi!

Good thread GTO, thanks for the ppt is relly usefull.

Hey, it's not my article at all. Rehaan compiled the entire write-up while Iraghava & KPZen provided the excel sheet.

tires are like shoes .We dont compromise our footwear then why should compromise for the car.If the tires are not good it does interfere with steering,braking,ride,performance.ideally ,tires(tyres) should be replaced 4 at a time ,rotate regulary at time intervals 5000 miles .If the wear is uneven ,either the alignment is off or the tires are out of balance.out of balance tires will cause the sterring to shake if they are mounted on the front.there is a very goog web site here in USA.Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels check it out .they do testing al all the tires in the market.if one is looking for longer thread life then you are compromising the ride qualitybecause the side wall has to be compromised for a longer thread life.If you are using low profile tires the rides are a bit aggressive/harsh, they are meant for performance.and they do compromise on wet traction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 464083)
Attached is a guide of the correct upsizes for cars sold in our market compiled by KPZen and me.

Disclaimer: Not all sizes mentioned in this guide might be readily available in India.

I think this chart has to be updated as many models have been introduced latter & few have changes in the tyre sizes.