Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 12:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Guys, please don't judge the bike so soon, you haven't even broken-in the engine. The ECU learns as you ride, and as the engine opens up, you'll experience the true potential of the bike. I owned an R15 before the CBR, and I can truly vouch of the increased performance of the CBR.

Same is the case with the ZMA, which my friend owned, and I have done a considerable no. of kms on that too.

For example, the R15 too will do 130kmph, but you'll need to rev the engine in every gear to the max, and crouch properly to sustain the speed.

On the CBR, one can easily cruise at 130kmph, w/o any need for crouching. And the torque from the engine is very apparent, when you need to overtake traffic. There's no need to downshift, even from speeds of 70-80 in 6th gear.

As compared to the ZMA, the CBR engine revs more, to 10k rpm, which might not sound a lot more than the 7k rpm of the ZMA, but that is where the CBR makes most of it's power, and I'm sure none of you guys have managed to take the CBR engine to the limit so soon
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 08:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Guys, please don't judge the bike so soon, you haven't even broken-in the engine.
Yep, we shall wait and watch
Old 15th July 2011, 12:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Guys, please don't judge the bike so soon, you haven't even broken-in the engine.

On the CBR, one can easily cruise at 130kmph, w/o any need for crouching. And the torque from the engine is very apparent, when you need to overtake traffic. There's no need to downshift, even from speeds of 70-80 in 6th gear.
+1 for the above statements.
CBR cruises easily in 120-130 ranges. I mean "Cruise" not just trying to achieve that speed. After that still the engine has lot of potential to do more.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
+1 for the above statements.
CBR cruises easily in 120-130 ranges. I mean "Cruise" not just trying to achieve that speed.
Santosh,
what would be the indicated engine RPM on your console when you doing around 120's? Thought the baby ceeber needs to be revved beyond 7.5K to achieve those speeds
Old 15th July 2011, 14:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Santosh,
what would be the indicated engine RPM on your console when you doing around 120's? Thought the baby ceeber needs to be revved beyond 7.5K to achieve those speeds
Last when i checked it was hovering around 7k to 8k and the speed was in the range of 110-120.
I believe you need not rev it beyond to achieve those speeds but if you want to reach 150-160 then yes, you need to rev beyond 7-8k. That is what i was mentioning in my previous posts, cruising is very easy in CBR.
I believe Sharath would agree with this as he has munched more kilometers and has more experience on CBR.
Old 15th July 2011, 14:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I believe you need not rev it beyond to achieve those speeds but if you want to reach 150-160 then yes, you need to rev beyond 7-8k.
Can the Indian Variant reach these speeds ?

I have seen the Thai stock version doing 170+ on youtube, but I strongly feel that in India they have slightly compromised the top speed/acceleration - for (maybe) better fuel effeciency.

Just a thought, so feel free to correct me wherever you deem fit.
Old 15th July 2011, 15:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Can the Indian Variant reach these speeds ?

I have seen the Thai stock version doing 170+ on Youtube, but I strongly feel that in India they have slightly compromised the top speed/acceleration - for (maybe) better fuel effeciency.

Just a thought, so feel free to correct me wherever you deem fit.
Oh definitely, Sharath has done 158 couple of times. It can easily reach 145-150 but after that you need to have the right combinations working on you like wind, empty road, crouching on the tank, etc.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 08:34   #38
BHPian

Had a really FREAK experience with the bike on Saturday.

I had been wanting to show my bike to the inlaws for sometime now but did not take it out much due to crazy downpours in Mumbai. Saturday night after a day full of adventure sports, decided to still take the bike out for a 30 km ride to the in-laws as there were less rains. Put on the riding jacket / gloves and started enjoying my ride as always. Reached the place around 11.15 at night and parked it "inside the building compound". I was carrying the bike cover in my backpack as I am always quite weary of keeping her exposed out of my sights, but did not put it on as I knew I will come back down in a while with the family to show them the mean machine. But still had this weird feeling inside me, so halfway up, came back down and pushed the bike behind the building away from the main gate view.

Came up and rested for a while and went back down in about 15 mins, and while showing off my bike, noticed that some crazy freak had just scratched a few lines and ovals on the right side of my tank (the exposed part when parked on the left side stand). They were so fresh and white that one look at them and I almost was in tears, but could not express in front of the company I had.

I put the covers back on, and gave her a good wash in the morning. The scratch marks are still pretty visible and hideous :(

I still cant understand the satisfaction that people get on doing such acts. This vehicle was well within the compound - so someone apparently saw me on my way in and waited till I left for upstairs. He came in the compound, hastily put some scratches (probably with a key) and ran away. Will post the snaps in the evening, not sure how I should proceed to get rid of them.

I havent been able to sleep for a couple of days now.

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 18th July 2011 at 08:35.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:37   #39
BHPian

Very sad to hear the scratch incident. I hope the scratches can be removed with some buffing, try contacting the ASC, they might be able to help.

This is why I'm scared of taking the bike out to malls, or any unknown parking lots. Other things people do are: rip apart tank pads, fiddle with the switches, engage gears when stationary, etc.

Damn these molesters and hooligans
Old 18th July 2011, 11:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a few lines and ovals on the right side of my tank
Salunkhe,
My Apologies for the acts of vandalism that your beloved bike has just experienced, would you mind sharing some photos? Shall forward it to the clay treatment folks and see if there is anything that they can do to have it covered? Also if the area is small why dont you plan to put some graphics/vinyl decals to have them covered ?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 13:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
noticed that some crazy freak had just scratched a few lines and ovals on the right side of my tank (the exposed part when parked on the left side stand). They were so fresh and white that one look at them and I almost was in tears, but could not express in front of the company I had.
As mentioned by others buffing with a polisher would go, if it is not deep. You can go to any ASC of bikes or cars where they have polisher and ask them to apply some compound on the scratch and buff it.
Even i do have couple of scratch on the tank, courtesy the Poojari who did the puja of the bike on day one itself.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 13:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry, it should be fine with some buffing and polishing - the service center guys are good at it. My bike got some scratches (not deep) while transporting from factory. There is nothing left after buffing and polishing. The executive also mentioned that it is very common while transporting, I think I saw it as I got to see the bike just after unloading.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:42   #43
BHPian

Yep will try and update the pics today.

Will show it to a friend who runs a garage and see what he has to say about fixing it.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:59   #44
BHPian

Hey that's really sad to happen. I avoid taking the bike to office for similar reasons, there are some idiots who enjoy sitting on bikes while talking on the phone in parking lots and are busy fiddling with everything on the bike right from tank pads, switches, gears & worst - scratch/scribble with a key on the tank while engrossed in the conversation. Argghhh!!!

Hope you are able to get this sorted soon, I am sure the service center folks would be able to help you.

If you can go to the Kandivali ASC, meet Dalbir there and he should be able to help.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 18:50   #45
BHPian

The bike looks gorgeous in Red. I was thinking of betting this baby during Diwali ( Will save some cash and get discounts then ).

IMHO , if the scratches on the tank are not deep , it can be removed by the so-called "Teflon coating" or the 3M treatment.When i went to have a look a the bike , JSP Honda Chennai offered me the coating for 1200+tax. i repeatedly asked the salesman if it was Teflon or 3M and he was nodding his head to everything .Chennai being a humid place he said the coating is necessary.Also he mentioned that it will cover all parts of the bike.
rajanprash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks