Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 10:59   #91
BHPian

Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Do you live in Mumbai? If yes, I'd like to take a look at your R15 and maybe with your permission clock it. Let me know if you'd like to, and we'll take it forward.
I am in Bangalore... Would have loved to do this though..
Old 24th October 2011, 08:28   #92
BHPian

Finally got my chance to get the bike out for the first time in weeks. Went out for an early morning ride with our Vasai biking community (B.U.R.N), alongwith Isodope and Mantrig and a total of about 16 bikes.

Got the first time since rains stopped to actually test the bike on multi lane open roads. Quick observations:

- The bike is smooth as 'makkhan' at gradual acceleration till 120kmph. Post 120 it has to be revved hard and the engine vibrates like no mans business (but the bike still responds to the throttle).

- On an open stretch, I could clock a maximum of 134 kmph, but when I overtook Isodope on his P220 before touching the top speed - he was showing 128kmph on his meter and in his words I zoomed by so I had to be close to 140 kmph+ before touching the top number (In Short - either one of the Pulsar or CBR speedometers shows wrong speeds)

- Just to get the exact 'real world' difference between the Ninja250R and CBR250R, I switched rides for a few mins. For everyone who has been comparing these 2 bikes since day one - "There is absolutely no Comparison". The Ninja on open stretches is a class apart, the acceleration is rich, the engine is refined and surprisingly, the riding stance and 'pressure on wrists' factors in the Ninja are better for touring then the CBR250.

Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0349.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0367.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0369.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0363.jpg  

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 24th October 2011 at 08:38.
Old 24th October 2011, 10:55   #93
BHPian

Pulsar digital speedos are accurate, from what I remember. Will verify this week or the next and get back to you. No access to a CBR (unless you're willing to come on out for a test. Heh heh) else would've done that, too.

I disagree with you about the touring aspect - the CBR has a less leaned-forward stance, softer suspension, better tank range when cruising at 100kmph or above, and it can be repaired easily in comparison to the Ninja, for which spares might have to be shipped from Thailand. And then they'll charge you the moon for them - an indicator costs Rs 1200, and a headlamp bulb costs Rs 2000. Lol.

Nah, I'll pick the CBR250 for touring any ol' day of the week. It's just not the motorcycle I was hoping it would be. Still want to ride one on my favourite stretch of twisties to see what the difference is between the two, though.
isodope is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 13:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Finally got my chance to get the bike out for the first time in weeks. Went out for an early morning ride with our Vasai biking community (B.U.R.N), alongwith Isodope and Mantrig and a total of about 16 bikes.
The second pic from last is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
I disagree with you about the touring aspect - the CBR has a less leaned-forward stance, softer suspension, better tank range when cruising at 100kmph or above, and it can be repaired easily in comparison to the Ninja, for which spares might have to be shipped from Thailand. And then they'll charge you the moon for them - an indicator costs Rs 1200, and a headlamp bulb costs Rs 2000. Lol.

Nah, I'll pick the CBR250 for touring any ol' day of the week. It's just not the motorcycle I was hoping it would be. Still want to ride one on my favourite stretch of twisties to see what the difference is between the two, though.
Ok, to talk about the spares of CBR. Here is what one of the CBR owner got the quote from Honda after he had a crash.

Case upper assy - Rs636.28
Muffler Cover - Rs461.5
Under Cowl (L&R) - Rs 99.99 + 98.28
Side inner cowl - Rs10.77
F Brake Lever - Rs 103.41
R RVM - Rs 346
Panel R Mid - Rs278.61
R Clip on handle -Rs 546.97
Set illust, FR upp - 283.74
Set illust, L Midd - 816.18
Set illust, R Mid - 816.18
Stay Comp, FR COWL - 298.27
Head light unit - 1281.96
Weight A, STRG Hnd - 62.39
(Data from Bangalore CBR Owners Group - FB)

Basically all these were part of the front fairing and other small things. We were really surprised about these prices.
Notice the Head Light unit Costs around INR 1281
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 14:08   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Case upper assy - Rs636.28
Muffler Cover - Rs 461.5
Under Cowl (L&R) - Rs 99.99 + 98.28
Side inner cowl - Rs 10.77
F Brake Lever - Rs 103.41
R RVM - Rs 346
Panel R Mid - Rs 278.61
R Clip on handle -Rs 546.97
Set illust, FR upp - 283.74
Set illust, L Midd - 816.18
Set illust, R Mid - 816.18
Stay Comp, FR COWL - 298.27
Head light unit - 1281.96
Weight A, STRG Hnd - 62.39
This is indeed insightful information. If these panel and other parts costing is true - you can almost rebuild all the plastic parts of the bikes well under 10k , marvellous
Old 24th October 2011, 14:12   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Basically all these were part of the front fairing and other small things. We were really surprised about these prices.
Notice the Head Light unit Costs around INR 1281
Sigh these prices are really competitive compared to probably even a Karisma???
Santosh, since you have mentioned that these are a part of front fairing, do they come in painted format or would you need to hire a painter to get the job done for you?
Old 24th October 2011, 14:49   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is indeed insightful information. If these panel and other parts costing is true - you can almost rebuild all the plastic parts of the bikes well under 10k , marvellous
After hearing this, i dropped the plan of frame sliders. Buy a set of fairings which would cost you couple of thousands and if you crash, replace it. Whereas the frame sliders cost around 10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sigh these prices are really competitive compared to probably even a Karisma???
Santosh, since you have mentioned that these are a part of front fairing, do they come in painted format or would you need to hire a painter to get the job done for you?
All ready, just plug and ride
Old 24th October 2011, 14:53   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All ready, just plug and ride
Cool, so which color would she wear for this weekend's ride then
But on the contrary it makes sense and it's quite practical/affordable to keep different sets in each of the color that she has been released with...
Old 24th October 2011, 16:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Do the prices include the silver color or is the painting cost seperate?
Old 24th October 2011, 18:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
But on the contrary it makes sense and it's quite practical/affordable to keep different sets in each of the color that she has been released with...

You can't - as mantrig showed me, there are plastic clips that snap when you take the fairing off. These are replaced as a routine measure with all big bikes, is what I'm told. The fairing will hold together without them, too, but there will be a whole lot of rattling.

So if you're going to get three sets of fairings, get a bunch of those plastic clips as well - IF you can source a lot of them
Old 27th October 2011, 17:16   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Got the first time since rains stopped to actually test the bike on multi lane open roads. Quick observations:

- The bike is smooth as 'makkhan' at gradual acceleration till 120kmph. Post 120 it has to be revved hard and the engine vibrates like no mans business (but the bike still responds to the throttle).

- On an open stretch, I could clock a maximum of 134 kmph, but when I overtook Isodope on his P220 before touching the top speed - he was showing 128kmph on his meter and in his words I zoomed by so I had to be close to 140 kmph+ before touching the top number (In Short - either one of the Pulsar or CBR speedometers shows wrong speeds)

- Just to get the exact 'real world' difference between the Ninja250R and CBR250R, I switched rides for a few mins. For everyone who has been comparing these 2 bikes since day one - "There is absolutely no Comparison". The Ninja on open stretches is a class apart, the acceleration is rich, the engine is refined and surprisingly, the riding stance and 'pressure on wrists' factors in the Ninja are better for touring then the CBR250.

Here are some pics:

Awesome pics mate...
Old 28th October 2011, 15:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Do the prices include the silver color or is the painting cost seperate?
Includes everything, just plug and ride.

Quote:
Will be in trouble if traffic police catches ? You cannot just change the color of the bike.
Old 26th December 2011, 13:32   #103
BHPian

Finished my 2nd Service yesterday, had to make sure it was withing the 6 month deadline to ensure I do not have to get a paid service like last time.

ODO: 1032 kms :-|
Dealer: Om Sai Honda (like last time)
Appointment required: YES (atleast 3-4 days in advance)
Service: Above average
Infrastructure: Very Good (different service area for Ceebers) - as mentioned in previous service update.
Parts/Services: Engine Oil, Wash, Lubing, Handle Forks jamming issue rectified

Total Damage: Around 1200 Bucks

Bike looks really nice after a wash, feels smooth as well. I have cut down on long rides since some time, and use it mainly for errands - so not many clicks on the ODO. Plan a line of rides in early 2012, hopefully should have clocked a lot more by the next service.

On another note, the service rep asked me to check with my Dealer for a CBR Replacement Kit (to replace all rusting components on the bike). Will call up my dealer and see his response (though not expecting much from him based on previous experience). Does any one know how much this kit would cost if bought separately ?

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 26th December 2011 at 13:33.
Old 27th December 2011, 03:57   #104
BHPian

Quote:
On another note, the service rep asked me to check with my Dealer for a CBR Replacement Kit (to replace all rusting components on the bike). Will call up my dealer and see his response (though not expecting much from him based on previous experience). Does any one know how much this kit would cost if bought separately ?
Few days back i read in some blog where they mentioned HONDA is replacing few rusted parts quietly of their first batch of cbr's.I think they are replacing for free(i am not sure on this)
Check with your dealer and update on it!
Old 27th December 2011, 12:18   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check with the dealer, i got it replaced last week. It is replacement of rusting screws, around 14 of them and they replace the grab rail also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks