Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 19:11   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Yep will try and update the pics today.

Will show it to a friend who runs a garage and see what he has to say about fixing it.
Sad to read about the incident vizz. Its our inherent sadist mentality which springs up and shows in the form of such dirty acts.
The Honda dealer will attend and touch up the paint. The touch up jobs are much advanced these days and not even a sign of the scratches will remain.They charge well of course for such jobs. I do not know whether your dealer has the dust free paint booth. I would suggest you to go only to the authorised dealer to match the new paintwork thoroughly with the existing one.
Would also suggest you not to get disturbed by such incidents - these are bound to happen as we live in a country where all these acts are a mission for some idiots.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th July 2011 at 19:16.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:36   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Would also suggest you not to get disturbed by such incidents - these are bound to happen as we live in a country where all these acts are a mission for some idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
If you can go to the Kandivali ASC, meet Dalbir there and he should be able to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
IMHO , if the scratches on the tank are not deep , it can be removed by the so-called "Teflon coating" or the 3M treatment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Dont worry, it should be fine with some buffing and polishing - the service center guys are good at it.
Thanks, was feeling quite low after seeing the scratches on the tank. Feeling much better after reading the support and advice from all you guys. Will show her at my friends garage as well as the ASC to check the extent of damage and cost of repair.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:30   #48
BHPian

Here are the pics of the top and right side of the tank.

Being phone cam pics, they are not very clear - only the deep gashes are visible and the zig zag small ones between them are not seen in the pics.

These deep ones I think have scrapped the metal as well, so not sure if buffing/polishing will work.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-picture1.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-picture2.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-picture3.jpg  

Old 19th July 2011, 09:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate, Guess the scratches are quite deep at a few places, why don't you go in for stickers to cover these? Not quite sure if polishing might actually resolve it, else you would need to go in for a full blown touch paint job which might be expensive. If you decide on the touch up paint, then suggest you have it done immediately as the color mismatch might be negligible considering the fact that it is a new bike.
Quite disgusting to see them
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 08:50   #50
BHPian

Calculated my first "trip meter" based fuel effeciency for the CBR. I had filled Rs.500 worth of Power petrol from HP. The bike came back with an impressive mileage of 36 kmpl in my first leg since delivery

I was expecting it to be somewhere between 28-30kmpl as it is still in run-in. But this might also be because I am keeping it strictly under 5k rpm with no sudden accelarations and braking.

Lets wait and watch, happy for now
Old 21st July 2011, 18:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Being phone cam pics, they are not very clear - only the deep gashes are visible and the zig zag small ones between them are not seen in the pics.

These deep ones I think have scrapped the metal as well, so not sure if buffing/polishing will work.
Ouch!!

These look like the work of some frustrated soul out there. These are deep scars that guy has left behind and believe me, its better you go for a touch up paint job as suggest by Kurd. Stickers would do the job for now, however in the long run in might prove to be a regret.

Let me call the guy I know at Kandivli Service Centre and get back with you. I will try and get a rough estimate and pm you the details.

Also, let me know if we can catch up near Powai (Chandivali) and we can have a word with a guy next to my office who is great with paint jobs. We can just take his opinion on how this can be best dealt with. (Check your pm)
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 08:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Ouch!!

Let me call the guy I know at Kandivli Service Centre and get back with you. I will try and get a rough estimate and pm you the details.
Let me know whenever you get the details on the estimate, I might visit the ASC in a couple of weeks anyways.

Frankly I dont want to hurry with the repair as IMO getting a paint job done during rains is not a good idea. Morever I might spend on getting it fixed and it might end up in scratches again thanks to the frustrated soul in my society. So thinking of getting a sensor fixed or a wireless cc-cam installed near the bike first (I know sounds far fetched but its only about 2.5-3k).
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know whenever you get the details on the estimate, I might visit the ASC in a couple of weeks anyways.

Frankly I dont want to hurry with the repair as IMO getting a paint job done during rains is not a good idea. Morever I might spend on getting it fixed and it might end up in scratches again thanks to the frustrated soul in my society. So thinking of getting a sensor fixed or a wireless cc-cam installed near the bike first (I know sounds far fetched but its only about 2.5-3k).
That's exactly my view as well, that we take an opinion and not get the job done. Even I am waiting for the monsoons to pass before I get a couple of parts painted on my ride.

Will ping you as soon as I am able to speak with the A.S.S. guy.

Sensor / Wireless Cam / Alarm system!!! Certainly might be helpful, looks like you might end up getting hold of the brat.
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:32   #54
BHPian

Some lowlife in my friend's building had ripped out his Bullet's tank logo. A kid saw him do it. Don't ask what all the molestor went through when we went to his house!!!
I think a vibration alarm would do wonders on the CBR baby.
Leepower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 12:05   #55
BHPian

The Bike has been left under covers with occasional 2-5km rides once a week. Have been caught up with some furor on the personal front plus crazy rains in mumbai last full month, hence no time for my sweet ride or long trips.

In my short 5km ride yesterday, noticed that after the engine is hot and the bike has ran for a couple kilometers, I cannot shift below the 3rd gear while the engine is running. The bike does pick up from 0kmph at the 3rd gear, no knocking as such - but I am obviously scared that I cannot shift to 1st gear on signals. Once I turn the engine off, then I can.

Is this a chain lubing issue, or something more serious with the gear mechanism ?

I am most probably going to the A.S.S for the 1st service this weekend inspite of having clocked only 300 odd kms in 6 weeks. But thought will check with Forum experts before I give in my bike so I know in advance what to look for when he works on my bike.

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 8th August 2011 at 12:07.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my short 5km ride yesterday, noticed that after the engine is hot and the bike has ran for a couple kilometers, I cannot shift below the 3rd gear while the engine is running. The bike does pick up from 0kmph at the 3rd gear, no knocking as such - but I am obviously scared that I cannot shift to 1st gear on signals. Once I turn the engine off, then I can.
You mean to tell, you cannot just engage the second and first while running the bike . Do not move bike in 3rd gear from 0kmph. Very strange. Can you engage the 1st and 2nd, when you switch off and start again.
If not, contact ASC immediately.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Can you engage the 1st and 2nd, when you switch off and start again.
If not, contact ASC immediately.
Once I kill the Engine I can get it back to neutral and 1st gear, but when I am running it and stop at a signal, I cant get below 3rd gear
Old 8th August 2011, 14:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once I kill the Engine I can get it back to neutral and 1st gear, but when I am running it and stop at a signal, I cant get below 3rd gear
That is a strange issue. Get it checked from service center as soon as possible.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

@vizz,
Any update on the issue you had with the gears.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:58   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@vizz,
Any update on the issue you had with the gears.
The stupid A.S.S has a waiting period for servicing bikes, have got an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Also they are not giving the free service as they say it has to be between 15-30 days after the date of purchase mentioned in service book. For me the delivery date and actual riding date was about a week after the purchase date, so I counted a month from there.

Will know the details tomorrow, will provide updates and pics soon !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks