Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 19:22   #61
BHPian

Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Dude, normally Yezdis and Bulls behave like that i.e. can't shift to neutral once it stops. Get your clutch and gear checked as soon as possible. And till then down shift to neutral in motion before coming to stop
Old 13th August 2011, 18:00   #62
BHPian

Finally got my service done today. As my dealer is far off, I decided to try a nearby service centre that fellow rider MantriG had already tested for his CBR.

Om Sai Honda - has shifted to a new spanky workshop in the same locality as their old place. I reached at opening time so that I finish early, gave the bike in at 8am but was told the CBR dedicated mechanic comes only by 10.

The attendant was overall very helpfull while filling my details in. He explained that since Honda accepts delayed service coupons only before end of the applicable month, he will have to charge me for service. But he said he will try and speak to his manager to reduce the charge, which he did and took only arnd 125 approx instead of the usual 350.

I came back later around 10. The workshop has a customer waiting lounge which has a glass wall from where you can see your bikes getting serviced. The CBR has a dedicated repairing bay adjoining to the waiting area - both for owners to watch the entire process of their bike getting serviced as well as for other visitors to gawk upon and aspire for the premium offering (attaching 2 pics - one from the waiting area and one from inside the service area)

The mechanic looks professional while handling the bike. He confidently worked on side panels and then the oil and oil filter. Total service took close to 1.5 hrs including wash.

Total work: Oil Change, Oil filter change, checking of electricals, Tightening chain and other screws and Chain Lubrication.

Total Damage: Rs. 1050

The gears are now smooth and working fine.

Going for a 500km ride tomorrow with Isodope, lets see how she behaves in the wild
Attached Images

salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 18:08   #63
BHPian

Some more Pictures attached.

Sorry for the quality, taken from mobile cam.
Attached Images

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 13th August 2011 at 18:18.
Old 15th August 2011, 13:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

@vizz,
What was the issue with gears getting stuck. How was it rectified ?
Old 15th August 2011, 16:26   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@vizz,
What was the issue with gears getting stuck. How was it rectified ?
Frankly I did not face the problem while riding it to the Service Centre. I explained the service rep of the issues, he took a test ride and said the gear shifting is as smooth as it can get in a CBR. After the chain lubing and service, the gears are pretty smooth and I haven't faced the problem after saturday. In fact I went on a long 12 hour ride on Sunday, and revved the bike as much as I could for the first time as first service was now done with. I stopped at 126kmph due to extreme winds and wet road conditions, coupled with the fact that I was with a pillion who was without a helmet. Will try it later when alone on better straights. Brief Observations: - If revved correctly (higher) from the 1st gear onwards, the bike shoots of like a bullet - I topped at 126kmph but could easily see room for another 20 if I worked on the power bands correctly - Very difficult to wash the bike post a rain ride, have still not been able to bring her back to the shiny state she was in till 48 hours back - Seats are pretty hard for long rides, and as MantriG pointed out - its not a suitable tourer "if your better half leans in on you" during the ride, strains your wrists and back pretty bad (unlike my old karizma which seemed custom built for that position ) Attaching some pics from the ride
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-198757_206362516083924_100001305302502_497564_3202989_n.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-293984_10150750403020455_635205454_20142532_4303226_n.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-294681_10150750403280455_635205454_20142535_4871923_n.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-295323_206364072750435_100001305302502_497587_3321557_n.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-198787_10150750401380455_635205454_20142504_6641973_n.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-205951_10150750404230455_635205454_20142563_1955001_n.jpg  

Old 16th August 2011, 09:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures, especially the CBR covered with mud. How did you find the tire performing on wet? I do not find the grip good in wet conditions. I have completed only 1k km, hope it will improve after few thousand kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Seats are pretty hard for long rides, and as MantriG pointed out - its not a suitable tourer "if your better half leans in on you" during the ride, strains your wrists and back pretty bad (unlike my old karizma which seemed custom built for that position ) Attaching some pics from the ride
I also find the seat hard during long rides. But it is manageable as the seat is wide and it is easy to shift positions.

My spouse does not ride with me, so I do not care about the comfort and ergonomics with pillion.

Thanks for sharing the experience. Keep us updated.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 09:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice pictures, especially the CBR covered with mud.
It has been a pain to wash off the grime, need to pressure wash and lube the chain again. I should have serviced it after the ride and not one day before

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
How did you find the tire performing on wet? I do not find the grip good in wet conditions.
Good you asked, I forgot to comment on this part.

The tires, though wide, are not at all stable during hard braking. If you notice the tread after a long ride, only a thin portion (breadth) is dark grey (rest covered with grime/mud) - which indicates that the actual tire portion exposed to the tarmac is much lower.

I think the only way around this is lower air pressure in tires - which will affect your FE but might result in a better grip.

This was one major reason I did not go beyond 126kmph as I just did not find it comfortable with the existing grip/hold I had on the tarmac.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:33   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
It has been a pain to wash off the grime, need to pressure wash and lube the chain again. I should have serviced it after the ride and not one day before

Good you asked, I forgot to comment on this part.

The tires, though wide, are not at all stable during hard braking. If you notice the tread after a long ride, only a thin portion (breadth) is dark grey (rest covered with grime/mud) - which indicates that the actual tire portion exposed to the tarmac is much lower.

I think the only way around this is lower air pressure in tires - which will affect your FE but might result in a better grip.

This was one major reason I did not go beyond 126kmph as I just did not find it comfortable with the existing grip/hold I had on the tarmac.
All sportbikes will have a contact patch like that - the profile of the tyre is a 'V' to help with better handling. That's why the same width tyre - 100mm - looks so different on a Yamaha R15, HH Karizma and RE Classic 500.

I wouldn't recommend low air pressure on motorcycle tyres, especially tubeless ones - it's the air pressure that's keeping your tyres seated on the rim, remember. You'll also get worse feel around a corner if the rubber feels mushy, which is what will happen with less air. Less air = more give in the sidewalls.
isodope is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 11:41   #69
BHPian

where is the last pic taken? (the one where all bikes are lined up with road running near coastline)
Old 16th August 2011, 12:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
where is the last pic taken? (the one where all bikes are lined up with road running near coastline)
It is the road that runs parallel to the seashore from Dahanu Beach to Bordi Beach.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:08   #71
BHPian

Hello Mr. Salunkhe,

Seems like you guys had loads of fun on this ride. Great Attendance!!!

Also, thank you for the pics of new service center. Things seem to have changed to a big extent from the earlier service center, and now with the paddock being provided finally our bikes our also mounted on the service stand which was difficult earlier.

Hope all your issues are sorted post 1st service. Do keep us posted with the difference you feel in the response from the bike and especially gear shifting now with her ready to burn the roads.

I have been kept off forums and other social networking due to heavy work load, however will keep tracking your posts.

Happy Riding!!!
Old 18th August 2011, 19:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

I just got a call from Saphire Honda (where I'd booked) asking me if I was interested in taking delivery of the Red/Silver standard without ABS or Black with ABS. I'm still waiting for my Red/Silver ABS....
Old 18th August 2011, 21:53   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I just got a call from Saphire Honda (where I'd booked) asking me if I was interested in taking delivery of the Red/Silver standard without ABS or Black with ABS. I'm still waiting for my Red/Silver ABS....
I just hate this kind of behavior from these guys. If you are willing to pay a premium for the ABS version in a particular color, why can't they just get it across.

I would have suggest the swapping of tank, fairing and mud guard. However, just remembered that they have a additional sticker that comes along on the mud guard of an ABS version.

Any clue, Why the delay? Or is it that they are calling you out of turn?
Old 19th August 2011, 06:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
I just hate this kind of behavior from these guys. If you are willing to pay a premium for the ABS version in a particular color, why can't they just get it across.

I would have suggest the swapping of tank, fairing and mud guard. However, just remembered that they have a additional sticker that comes along on the mud guard of an ABS version.

Any clue, Why the delay? Or is it that they are calling you out of turn?
Yeah, that will be good to know - what are the differences between the ABS and non-ABS versions - other than the obvious?

And no idea why I am being called out of turn - got pi$$ed off at the guy who called. He wanted me to take the non-ABS though I have booked ABS. Probably some cancellation!
Old 19th August 2011, 19:22   #75
BHPian

Got the bike pressure washed today. Used diesel wash for wheels and engine. Rest was shampoo wash. Got the chain and joints oiled.

Cost: Rs 50 for wash & Rs 10 for oiling.

Observations post first long ride:
- The disc brake plates have caught rust in some places

- The gear shift is not so smooth anymore

- Facing a problem with handle bar, it just gets heavy for a second (at angles - when I turn). I think the disc pads are holding on to the plate causing this effect, cant check because no main stand :(

Just one month with the bike and so many problems already.
Attached Images

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 19th August 2011 at 19:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks