Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 23:22   #151
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Saw the Duke in Flesh at the Bajaj Probiking Showroom in Trivandrum yesterday.

According to the Sales Executive the registration was not done so a test ride was not possible. My impression was that the plastic quallity isnt top notch. the Indicator stalks especially felt flimsy. Felt even the P220 was better. The puny Pillion Seat seemed to me as a joke. And from the pics I expected the bike to be bigger. I am 6"1' and weigh a quintal, so the bike seemed too small.

The staff at the probiking showroom were least bothered to attend us. We had better experinece in the RE showroom.

God bless Bajaj!
Old 19th February 2012, 14:08   #152
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delh

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
A nice video of the Duke on Bangalore roads.

Courtesy: niru220
nice video indeed!
bookings have been good. i think the CP, Delhi PBK showroom has had 90+ bookings already. and deliveries will not be a problem (as told). so March deliveries are on time, i guess.
this is the perfect city bike. fully faired are a bit of a hassle in traffic due to their stance. Duke's light weight + rev happy engine is best combo possible in my opinion.
Old 19th February 2012, 14:39   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Had a long ride on Duke 200. and now, my openion is changed.
Please correct me if any of you think, i am wrong.

Pros
Build is too good, when compared to made in india products. (not undermining any made in india products, but the ideal quality that we get is poor in most of the products. Eg: Zma)
[Sarcasm]The Duke is manufactured at the Bajaj factory in Pune,which as per my knowledge is inside sovereign Indian territory.[/Sarcasm]
Quote:
The list of quality equipment and top notch parts featured on the 200 Duke is astonishing, including the overall build quality and the finish on the final product which is up to the international standards going by the fact that the 200 Duke is only and only made in Chakan and exported to various global markets of KTM similar to its younger sibling the KTM 125 Duke, which is sold in Europe but made in India.
KTM 200 Duke: Technical Highlights Page - 1| Zigwheels.com
P.S:Sorry for the rant.
Old 19th February 2012, 17:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
[Sarcasm]The Duke is manufactured at the Bajaj factory in Pune,which as per my knowledge is inside sovereign Indian territory.[/Sarcasm]
I think what he meant was that quality is better when compared to OTHER made in India products.
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 20:48   #155
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries seem to be just around the corner. Bangalore PBK has been calling folks to pay up the rest of the amount starting tomorrow.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Deliveries seem to be just around the corner. Bangalore PBK has been calling folks to pay up the rest of the amount starting tomorrow.
Without even seeing the bike and no confirmed date of delivery , how can they demand the rest of the amount ? .Usually the bike or vehicle arrives and we say ok and then pay up the rest of the amount right ?

Last edited by black12rr : 20th February 2012 at 21:47.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Without even seeing the bike and no confirmed date of delivery , how can they demand the rest of the amount ?
Without seeing? Sir we all had booked without seeing it. And then we got the test rides and now we may not know of a confirmed date of delivery (or so I will say ) I don't see any harm in collecting the rest of the amount. without which the bikes would not be considered for registration.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:55   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without seeing? Sir we all had booked without seeing it. And then we got the test rides and now we may not know of a confirmed date of delivery (or so I will say ) I don't see any harm in collecting the rest of the amount. without which the bikes would not be considered for registration.
Seeing meaning , your actual bike (fresh piece ) . Please don't pay up up front all the money . Demand for the bike to be seen , start it , rev it , inspect it and give a go ahead and pay up .Then only they will send it for registration . Atleast that's what I will do . I will not pay upfront .

If that's the case , some one give KTM contact persons email address .This is against the general thumb rule .

If that's the case why did they collect 20 k , they could have collected the full amount .The rest of the amount only when the bike lands in front of me . Please demand this , this is your birth /bike's right . .

Last edited by black12rr : 20th February 2012 at 22:04.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:56   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Seeing meaning , your actual bike (fresh piece ) . Please dont pay up up front all the money . Demand for the bike to be see , start it , rev it , inspect it and give a go ahead and pay up .Then only they will send it for registration . Atleast thats what I will do . I will not pay upfront .
Oh that way! Sorry I got your earlier message wrong. That's a good point. Will see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 20th February 2012, 22:36   #160
BHPian

Test rode the Duke today. It looks really cool in flesh!
I found the handlebar a bit wide for my taste. It's weirdly light, not used to such light bikes!
The exhaust note is, well, different. Like an Apache with a KnN, something like that.
It lacks the initial grunt but it is fast all right. Fun to ride! A unique looking fast bike that will surely make heads turn! And is fun to ride too. I like the pricing too. It is Rs. 1,27,000 OTR in Nagpur.
Old 21st February 2012, 21:32   #161
Senior - BHPian

So who has made a full payment for the duke so far? I made it at 9:30 am this morning
Old 21st February 2012, 23:44   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz
So who has made a full payment for the duke so far? I made it at 9:30 am this morning
Congratulations! :clap
Ownership thread eagerly awaited though am waiting for the 650. :grin
Old 22nd February 2012, 01:35   #163

Test Drove the DUKE, the pros Light weight and easy to ride.
Two negatives i noticed,
1. The front suspension is inverted in event of fall to protect the inverted telescopic tubes Bajaj must atleast give as an extra accessory the front crashpads for protection to the front suspension.
2. The coolant cap is located near the top of the tank, it could have been hidden as it is easy for any one to open and can fill the coolant box with any other foriegn material, harming the engine.

I am going to purchase the bike provided Bajaj promises the delivery atleast by Mid March, as the delears are non-commital about the delivery period.
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:12   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Congratulations! :clap
Ownership thread eagerly awaited though am waiting for the 650. :grin
Thanks Nitin! But I guess Delhi folks will get it much earlier than Bangalore folks. I would be getting it only on 29th (after a fanfare launch of deliveries with probably some photo sessions et al) while I hear Delhi folks would be getting it on 23rd (not official but people who have booked have been quoting showroom sources). Ownership thread surely would come up soon!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:27   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nitin! But I guess Delhi folks will get it much earlier than Bangalore folks. I would be getting it only on 29th
Congratulations Shubham, would you be one of the first set of owners from Bangy? Do post in your ownership thread and yes would love to ride with you one of these days.

Finally your mid life crisis is laid to complete rest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks