Team-BHP - Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/115292-felt-like-emperor-my-classic-desert-storm-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2673665)
I have added butterfly crash guard in my desert storm 500 yesterday, this is the first accessory in my RE, it costed me 675 from the RE service station itself

Nice! Can you post a picture of the crashguard please? :)

2. To get a megaphone or monster exhaust replaced from Sans (Still confused between megaphone and monster as to which one is better and loud) after the first service

I've tried both:D Get the megaphone with your eyes shut, it's performance and sound is simply out of the worldclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 (Post 2674133)
I've tried both:D Get the megaphone with your eyes shut, it's performance and sound is simply out of the worldclap:

Thanks for the update, for me megaphone is too loud, can you please comment between Goldstar conical baffles and Monster which has a better sound and feels more like old enfield thump?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2674215)
Thanks for the update, for me megaphone is too loud, can you please comment between Goldstar conical baffles and Monster which has a better sound and feels more like old enfield thump?

The monster (basically a goldstar without baffles) will give you almost the same performance gain as the megaphone (which is slightly more power with better throttle response). But both these are loud but not irritating:) IMO!

The goldstar with baffles will give you the typical "Bullet Thump" but you will need to compromise a bit on power (the baffles cause more back pressure, thus slightly less power).

Now take your pick :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2669475)
First thing i did was to carry the PDI list with me

Congrats for the DS. can you share the PDI list?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abeer (Post 2674504)
Congrats for the DS. can you share the PDI list?

You can find the PDI list here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-upgrades.html

I too copied the same and carried with me along with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2674123)
Nice! Can you post a picture of the crashguard please? :)

Yes sure, Please find two snaps of the crash guard, Pics are not too good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 (Post 2674435)
The monster (basically a goldstar without baffles) will give you almost the same performance gain as the megaphone (which is slightly more power with better throttle response). But both these are loud but not irritating:) IMO!

The goldstar with baffles will give you the typical "Bullet Thump" but you will need to compromise a bit on power

Now take your pick :D

Thanks for the update, I have heard the thump of goldstar conical baffles in many youtube videos and as rightly said it is very close to typical bullet thump, but have not found very clear thump of monster, Can I have any link as to how this monster sound before making my decision, Saurabh from Sans has told me that he will upload the monster exhaust video from the users to get exact idea how it sounds like :)

Congrats! So this is the butterfly crashguard. I think RE dealership has only this model as part of its accessories. However, I was quoted Rs.1000 for this guard.

On a personal choice, I dont like its design it kind of spoils the overall beauty of the bike besides, it may even prove dangerous in event of a fall with your legs getting entangled in them.

I am still scouting for a asthetically and safety providing crashguard!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2675507)
Congrats! So this is the butterfly crashguard. I think RE dealership has only this model as part of its accessories. However, I was quoted Rs.1000 for this guard.

On a personal choice, I dont like its design it kind of spoils the overall beauty of the bike besides, it may even prove dangerous in event of a fall with your legs getting entangled in them.

I am still scouting for a asthetically and safety providing crashguard!!!

Even I agree with you, I was looking for a Solid single rod one which I have in my stores (of my TB) but could not find :Frustrati
But the mechanic was suggesting that the single rod is not as safe as compared to this one

My 200 Km ownership report:

1. Bike is running smooth
2. The ES needs second attempt to start maybe I am used to kick start days
3. Reported Mileage is around 22 kmpl, I think it will get around 25 after first service
4. Horn is very nice
5. Exhaust sound is good but very restrictive and that is why I need a Goldie or monster desperately
6. Nobody has TILL NOW asked me about the bike unlike other friends who got their due attention :Shockked:

I got this one from RE workshop-

IMO this one looks good and has bars provided for extra lights for touring.

Usually RE workshops stock 2-3 different type of crash guards. Check out this one too-

Just for interest sake here is the list price of the UK Desert storm:
406,726.09 INR
This is the 'on the road' price, though budget an extra 10 000 INR for 12 months insurance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elan23 (Post 2676118)
Just for interest sake here is the list price of the UK Desert storm:
406,726.09 INR
This is the 'on the road' price, though budget an extra 10 000 INR for 12 months insurance!

That is true, the price of export model will be higher in other countries as compared to India and their dollar is also far stronger than our rupee :D

We also have to pay someone to ship the motorcycle half way around the world and then to truck it from the pier to the warehouses for storage.

I suspect that adds a little bit to the cost in the US.

Even with all of that, many Americans feel the price is reasonable.
This is especially true when we look at some of the prices of some of the Harley Davidsons which can range from 600,000 to 900,000 INR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaJim (Post 2676296)
This is especially true when we look at some of the prices of some of the Harley Davidsons which can range from 600,000 to 900,000 INR.

But when one is getting a Royal Enfield at 4.+ and a HD in 6.+, Wont HD become a natural choice to own over RE, we have a gap of around 4 lacs between RE top bike and HD lowest segment bike in India :Frustrati

This itself is a strong point of RE a natural choice of RE over HD in India :D

I can't speak for others but for myself I don't like the heavy weight of the Harleys.

I much prefer the lighter nimbler handling of the Royal Enfield which with a small flick of the handlebars changes direction easily.

Even the small (to us) "883" Harleys weigh a LOT more than a RE.

Of course things are different here in the USA where it seems everyone and their brother owns a big V Twin Harley style machine but as far as drawing attention is concerned, the Royal Enfield gets people walking out of their way to look at one.
They rarely give a Harley a second glance. :)