Team-BHP - Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/115292-felt-like-emperor-my-classic-desert-storm-4.html)

@ruchir
You are not posting any pic or video. just assurances. Has the election fever got upon you ?? Please make true your promises of uploading pics and video...
And if you are getting a mileage of 35+,:Shockked: then probably your bike has got some big manufacturing defect...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupkrverma (Post 2688448)
@ruchir
You are not posting any pic or video. just assurances. Has the election fever got upon you ?? Please make true your promises of uploading pics and video...

Hello friend, nothing like that.
I do not have a Voter Id card so cannot Vote :D

I was thinking to post the snaps from my DSLR but not getting enough time to do so, as a ready eyecandy I am doing it from my Xperia

The last snap shows the scratch caused by the rear seat and they do not have desert storm paint to rectify:Frustrati

Some insights on Monster exhaust:
I was really skeptical as to which exhaust will suit my DS 500,
Going back to my old days, I had replaced the bazooka exhaust of my TB 2005 model with a short bottle exhaust but that was not enough. the thump was not good enough for a BULLET

Now after buying a 500 CC model, I was looking for a more original thump and for reasons best known I googled a lot and found that Sans Inc provides almost all types of exhaust

I troubled saurabh from Sans Inc a lot with all sorts of questions regarding which muffler is the best. Thanks saurabh for all the patience.
There were three options:
1. The famous Goldstar Conical
2. The famous Goldstar Glasswool
3. Megaphone

When I was looking for all pros and cons of the above three, I got a sneak peek into the monster exhaust, initially the sound from the youtube video did not excited me much, but the below factors worked in its favor:
1. Good short look
2. No effect on fuel economy since it is single baffle
3. More thump than goldstar

And my friends, believe me I am really loving every bit of it especially when my DS has got a more road presence than before
I have never used Goldstar, might be it is very good but Monster is really one which i was missing from my old TB days,
A Bullet should actually sound like this only :D

I am so much loving it that I have christened the name of Desert storm as Desert Monster :)

Hey all, I have a point to add to the RE sales strategy,
These people does not give loyalty bonus or some sort of souvenir to the old RE people when they buy a RE again or book multiple bikes for themselves or their friends and relatives.
This idea came out from my personal experience wherein I have booked five RE bikes in total and already took delivery of two and all these done in a span of 3 -4 months recently :)
Booked bikes:

Classic 350 Maroon - Delivered
Desertstorm 500 - Delivered
Classic 350 Black - Awaiting
Electra 350 - Awaiting
Chrome 500 Maroon - Awaiting

5 RE :Shockked::Shockked:

Are you going to open a stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2690511)

Classic 350 Maroon - Delivered
Desertstorm 500 - Delivered
Classic 350 Black - Awaiting
Electra 350 - Awaiting
Chrome 500 Maroon - Awaiting

Congrats, now we know why the waiting period of RE is so much. If one person is buying 5 bikes at a shot, can imagine. :D

But seriously, are we missing something here ? What is the purpose of these purchases ? Please put some light on this mystery.

No no, its not all for me, i have a DS only for me, rest four are booked by me for my friends and relatives

Third addition to my RE Desert storm 500, saddle tool bag with embossed royal enfiedl :)

Pardon me on being a bit blunt here Ruchir, the way the saddle bag has been placed, it somehow is not gelling well with the overall bike.

Not that the bag is bad but the way it's been put there, doesn't look appealing, more to this, I have a feeling that this might interfere with the rear wheel spokes, which can be HAZARDOUS.

I would be suggestive that you should rethink on positioning of the bag.

Happy Motoring !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2697654)
Pardon me on being a bit blunt here Ruchir, the way the saddle bag has been placed, it somehow is not gelling well with the overall bike.

Not that the bag is bad but the way it's been put there, doesn't look appealing, more to this, I have a feeling that this might interfere with the rear wheel spokes, which can be HAZARDOUS.

I would be suggestive that you should rethink on positioning of the bag.

Happy Motoring !!

Thanks for the suggestion buddy, but I do not have much options available because the one side of the bag is fixed with the end of the stay after the shockers and if i fix it the stays then the bag will slip to the end of the stays since they are long.:Frustrati

Hope I could clear my situation, any solution is most welcome :)

I Agree with Torqeudo, it somehow looks out of place on the bike.

Also, Considering the paint quality of Royal Enfields, be ready to for the pain to get scrapped by the constant brushing of the bag wherever it comes in contact with the body. The round pipe is surely under threat because of the belts of the bag hanging on it.

Just a quick question, a single seat bike surely looks good, but don't you ever worry if you have to ferry someone in an emergency ?

Try to source the metal clamp/clip that comes with hard side boxes.That will help in keeping the bag straight and at a little distance from the wheel. You can paint the clamp in either sand or black color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusAl (Post 2697802)
I Agree with Torqeudo, it somehow looks out of place on the bike.

Also, Considering the paint quality of Royal Enfields, be ready to for the pain to get scrapped by the constant brushing of the bag wherever it comes in contact with the body. The round pipe is surely under threat because of the belts of the bag hanging on it.

Just a quick question, a single seat bike surely looks good, but don't you ever worry if you have to ferry someone in an emergency ?

For the emegency part, i always have my four wheels for rescue :D
and was also one of the reasons for selling my RE TB and going for CL 500 DS, since i wanted a single seat bike apart from other strong reasons

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupkrverma (Post 2698612)
Try to source the metal clamp/clip that comes with hard side boxes.That will help in keeping the bag straight and at a little distance from the wheel. You can paint the clamp in either sand or black color.

Ok, thanks for the input @anupam & @taurus, I will explore the saddle bag fitting once again so that it will look more appropriate and once done will post the pics too :)

I have fitted the saddle bags with the help of clips, it is now fixed instead of hanging and secondly I have put back my pillon seat on huge demand of my family :)

I have clocked 1000 km today on my DS, mileage i suppose has dropped down to some 27 kmpl from the earlier figure of around 36 kmpl :(
rest looks OK, it runs good and smooth and I am somewhat used to the straight handlebars then the cruise bars of my old buddy thunderbird

Waiting for a video man. Now that election season is over, hit the roads hard.