Team-BHP - Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/115292-felt-like-emperor-my-classic-desert-storm-8.html)

Hi ruchirtnt.

I have booked a DS and currently in the agonizing waiting period.

One concern I have is about the maintenance of the matt finish on the DS.
Your DS now being over 6 months in possession have you faced any issues with the paint?
Do you do all the washing/cleaning of the bike with normal water?

Any maintenance tips would help.

Hi ruchirtnt,

As you have owned and experienced the C5 DS for some time now
can you please put up some ownership experience of your Desert Storm?

Will help me in either sticking to my original decision to own one or if there are too many issues might just switch to Std 350.

Any write-up is appreciated.

Also some more pics please.

Service Update:

My DS500 is now done with his 3rd service yesterday with clock at 4222
it was a routine service only with oil change, tuning and washing.

Mileage is coming around 28 kmpl and bike is running good. today only i noticed some oil spill below the chamber. I wil get it checked with the mechanic, might be the lower nut is not placed tighly.
I am also planning to get both the seats covered with some nice covers and installing a right hand stay instead of saree guard :)

I have installed a Rear crash bar on my DS500. this gives a more beefy look to the beast. i got the stuff of Quality company which is a OEM for Royal enfield

Hi,

Nice Bike..nothings to be said about the bike...its to be experienced...
Got mine delivered last week..
Have to get the thump fixed..that's the only modification I would be doing on mine.
Loved the one that you have fixed - monster thump.
Would like to check it out at the showroom.
Didnt get the time for a good helmet...next time probably on a long trip - cochin to goa is on the cards and therefore would require quite a bit of kit.
Here's me with the luv...

Hi,
I have checked out the Megaphone and have sent a email to them confirming the order..awaiting reply -
Here's the website link -
http://sansclassicparts.in/home.html

Megaphone looks good and thump is more pronounced - atleast that's what i felt after seeing the video on their website.The mileage would be affected by 2/3 kms.

Lets see.

PLEASE HELP :)

Dear owners of DS.. I booked DS last august, and confirmed to get one in march.
While I was waiting for last 7 months, I read through several reports on the internet on the ownership experience to convince myself to wait.

the result of all such reading has resulted in a BIG DILEMMA, and will explain why.

Answers to the following will help me take an informed decision.

Booking DS was mostly by heart, though there is no need to have a 2nd bike at home.

Usage - it will be used mostly on weekends - 30kms over weekend and 150kms in a month. Perhaps, I may go on a long tour once a year (500kms kinda trip). For this type of low usage, will DS provide good experience? I mean, should the bike run every day for maintaining the condition?

There are several reports of rust, paints peeling off, blown fuse, lose electric switch, tyre rubbing the mud guard, etc... Are these issues still prevalent in New models? Reports such as blown fuse in the middle of night on a highway is scary!!!

There is a lot written on run-in period, and how to break gradually. I'm still not clear on how exactly to treat the bike during the run-in period!!! The more I read, the more l confused I get ; since it looks like an art that cannot be mastered easily.

Though my heart is sold on DS, the mind keeps cautioning me of all the above issues. Is it worth the trouble when quality isn't guaranteed?
I don't know, and I've been fighting this dilemma for last 3 months.
Now I need to take a decision on whether to buy in march or cancel the order..... Kindly share your opinion.

I'm totally new to RE and most of my questions may seem trivial or silly. Sorry for that.

Sorry I didn't really checked this one and even don't know whether you have bought a DS or not but will strongly recommend anybody to go for a DS. it has a different road presence, throttle is amazing and very manageable like any other Japanese or Korean bikes.

Thanks folks for being a wonderful contributor to this thread. I have now sold my RE Desertstorm 500 on 24th January. she was a wonderful companion and was not ridden much. I clocked only 9k km in my five years of ownership which was very less. nevertheless, I am sure the next owner will make good use of her.