Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 11:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm

After running through this period I am finding that the monster exhaust thump is getting a bit low because of carbon getting deposited over the exhaust, Will now plan to get a megaphone for me DS, may be it will keep up its charm of loud thump after many miles

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 12th March 2012 at 11:14.
Old 13th March 2012, 19:54   #62
BHPian

Please do not ruin the looks of your DS further. Frankly, I never liked the look of the monster exhaust on a c5. It looks puny.
If you want good sound than remember it is summers and my DS is making very good sound just after 2 min of running on stock exhaust. The sound is fantastic at speeds aroun 40-60 in 4th gear.
I am planning to install a free flow bend pipe, probably one of machismo LB500 is a direct fit, retaining the bazooka exhaust. Have heard it and liked the sound.

As I have said earlier the DS has royal attitude. do not ruin that by loud exhausts.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

thanks @anup, but i just love the thump this monster is producing, it gives a push to adrenaline when pushed
I will not be doing any mods to it except exhaust and that is why even ordered a Megaphone exhaust too
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:27   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Ruchir, you seems to have clocked that 1K kms pretty fast and also done some quick mods to your Desert Monster.

I agree that saddle bag looks quite small for the overall wheel arch and I have seen a Green CL500 near my home with the most perfect saddle bag

Seems like your not happy with Monster exhaust? Apart from carbon dust is there any other issues?

Btw, care to share the price for Monster, Megaphone and Saddle Bag?
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hey Ruchir, you seems to have clocked that 1K kms pretty fast and also done some quick mods to your Desert Monster.

I agree that saddle bag looks quite small for the overall wheel arch and I have seen a Green CL500 near my home with the most perfect saddle bag

Seems like your not happy with Monster exhaust? Apart from carbon dust is there any other issues?

I have completed 1500 in my odometer till date and always find excuses to go for a ride again and again
I am very happy with my monster, I just wanted to have a more loud exhaust and hence the megaphone.
you can find the monster snaps in this thread only and i will post the most latest saddle bag pics soon and also the megaphone once i get it
Old 24th March 2012, 10:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as committed, I am posting the snaps along with the snaps of my customized helmet
Attached Thumbnails
Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-helmet1.jpg  

Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-helmet2.jpg  

Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-helmet3.jpg  

ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 11:23   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
as committed, I am posting the snaps along with the snaps of my customized helmet
Really nice helmet. Perfectly gels with the bike. Does the megaphone bring back the exhaust note of the old bullets?
Old 24th March 2012, 11:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobojames9 View Post
Really nice helmet. Perfectly gels with the bike. Does the megaphone bring back the exhaust note of the old bullets?
I am yet to taste the megafone, it must be on the way and i will be getting it soon, will post the snaps once done
Old 24th March 2012, 15:39   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely helmet Ruchir. Harmoniously matches the shade and look of your bike.

How about some details? Make, Price and what type of customization done to it?

Btw, I bought a full-face helmet for our Wanderers ride tomorrow. Check out my thread for picture of my new helmet.

Cheers and Ride Safe !!!
Old 24th March 2012, 20:55   #70
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a nice helmet, ruchirtnt. Truly compliments the Desert Storm color well. Congrats on gobbling up 1500 Kms so soon. The bike must be a pleasure to ride. The wait for my DS is now making me more and more impatient.

Have you taken your DS for a long ride yet on an open road? Just wanted to know about the vibration levels over 90 kph and the stability at high speeds. I have heard harsh comments about the Classic's saddle. Is it uncomfortable for riding for a long period of time?
Old 26th March 2012, 10:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lovely helmet Ruchir. Harmoniously matches the shade and look of your bike.

How about some details? Make, Price and what type of customization done to it?

Btw, I bought a full-face helmet for our Wanderers ride tomorrow. Check out my thread for picture of my new helmet.

Cheers and Ride Safe !!!
congrats for the new helmet, I knew that you bought a VEGA full and I had bought a Studds half Downtown, you can check the helmet thread for that

My customized helmet is Ninja studds:
1. Done a Dupont paint close to DS color from Maruti workshop for free since they know me well personally.
2. White RE cannon sticker since DS has RE written in white; it costed me around 140
so the total cost was only 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Have you taken your DS for a long ride yet on an open road? Just wanted to know about the vibration levels over 90 kph and the stability at high speeds. I have heard harsh comments about the Classic's saddle. Is it uncomfortable for riding for a long period of time?
Max I rode is around 50 km on an open road and did not felt any vibration at 90 kph
in reference to saddles, I have done around 120 km driving in a day including open - city traffic and found it to be OK kind of.
this is coming purely from the experience that I owned a TB which was very comfortable for long rides and is having a back pain too.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 26th March 2012 at 10:18.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hey friends,
there is RE One Ride happening on 1st April, is anybody going in for a ride?
I have already registered for it, In Lucknow we are riding from Brand store to Nawabganj bird sanctuary
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

I attended ONE RIDE yesterday organized by RE in Lucknow, they took us to Nawabganj bird sanctuary

it was an awesome experience and we rode for around 120 km to & fro, will post the pics soon
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:02   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Congrats ruchirtnt, awesome customization

Quick question about the stickering, did you buy them or got them computer cut? Also after the custom paint, did you do the stickering and then a coat of laquering like how mobike008 and traveloholic have done? Just curious to know
Old 4th April 2012, 08:38   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Congrats ruchirtnt, awesome customization

Quick question about the stickering, did you buy them or got them computer cut? Also after the custom paint, did you do the stickering and then a coat of laquering like how mobike008 and traveloholic have done? Just curious to know
Yes, i pasted the sticker after the custom paint and there is no lacquering coat in there and i got this sticker computer cut
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks