Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 11:47   #196
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
Finding a proper service centre to get my bike serviced is proving to be a nightmare these days. V care Bikes at Guindy does a good job (I doubt if they do KTM). But they charge quite a premium even for commuter bikes. For time being it Looks like I will have to stick with Adyar.
Try the selayur service centre. My friend had good things to say about that place. For the technical works, adyar service centre is better anyday.

Last edited by nitninja : 28th June 2016 at 11:50.
nitninja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 21:17   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
When i turned the steering to right the bike will switch off.

upon inspection found the broken wire. It was inside platic cover with whole bunch of wires with lot of insulation tape on top.
I had the same problem and I was straightaway told that a wire leading to the ignition switch would be broken and would need repair. I did not dare attempt the repair myself even though I have wired the horns and HID in my bike myself in a proper manner. Kudos to you for doing it yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Got the TPS sensor replaced today... Bike is working fine now.
That is interesting. I am facing a cold start issue with my 2012 Duke 200 which has a 2013 engine. The symptoms I have observed are remotely similar to yours except that in my case it has developed on its own.

My bike started to demand a longer crank of the starter last winter when starting the engine for the first time in a day. Basically a cold start. As the winter started receding and temperature started to go up, that issue started to go away. Low pickup was also a problem. When I got it serviced the acceleration became normal but the issue returned in spite of the warmer temp.

Even in the hot Delhi summer the problem persists. Long crank (or two cranks) of the starter when starting in the morning or after my shift at the end of the day. Turning the engine off and then cranking it again is effortless. So it only happens once and for the first crank only.

The area manager here told me to get the valves lapped after I told him that the new engine has 18000 km on it. The old one had 14000 km before it was replaced. I'm suspecting a sensor issue but the mechanics at the SVC said if that was the case the MIL would light up.

The issue faced by you seems to suggest that the sensor I need to get checked first should be the TPS. Even though the engine was replaced and all the sensors on it, the entire throttle body assembly has been untouched and unchanged since I bought the bike.

I have also posted this on the thread by @theexperthand but when I read your experience I felt I had to post here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaurous View Post
they finally said the problem was with the TPS
How did your issue start? I mean did you experience any other symptoms or precursors to the ones you directly observed? Did the SVC tell you anything else about the issue? I am getting more and more inclined towards getting the TPS checked/replaced. Wonder how much the sensor costs.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 11:54   #198

Hi Darth Sid, I don't recall any other symptoms. The most significant and scary one was that the throttle would not respond appropriately (it would sometimes stay open for a few seconds when I had closed it). I also had starting issues sometimes. The SVC also suggested that dirty petrol may be to blame (in addition to the TPS). As it happened, I moved to a new place soon after that (and so to a new petrol station) so cannot be certain if the problem was originally related to the TPS, bad fuel or both (I'd guess both, maybe bad fuel causes the TPS malfunction?). Cheers
aerosaurous is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks