MRP (Rs.)
Vented Jacket – Medium
Vented Jacket – Large
Radical Gloves - Blk – Large
Crashpad - Front
Tankpad
Tankcap sticker
Rim - Sticker Set – Orange

Do visit our KTM Store to check out KTM_Power Wear & KTM_Power Parts or call us on 044-64501103/04/05/06 and 64531111/9841733107/9841835373.

Regards,
KTM Store-Adayar
Old 9th April 2012, 13:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up

Went on a 150kms small ride yesterday towards pulicut lake. Was checking the Route on Google maps, while returning complete NH highway was missing, which existed on google maps . As you can see below, i went on the green marked route and was planning to take the red marked route but it was actually not there. I missed the turn two times because i could not believe its NH. Then i entered thinking it might be some 5-10 kms like but after doing 15kms it was some condition, then asked a local and he told me its same till chennai lol. Returned back and took the same route.

While going in noticed there was some faint noise while using front brakes. Checked and everything was fine, till i noticed there was no brake oil . There is absolutely no brake oil in the reservoir but i could not also find any traces of brake oil leaking anywhere, and brakes are working fine, there was no fade or anything. Will mention this to the service center, as i am giving for first service tomorrow.

Some snaps from yesterdays trip.

The missing route
KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-route.jpg

Some duke pics, you can see the high resolution one here KTM Duke 200 - a set on Flickr

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-duke-1.jpg

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-duke-2.jpg

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-duke-3.jpg

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-duke-4.jpg

condition of the roads
KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-img_2198.jpg

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-img_2200.jpg

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-img_2199.jpg

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-img_2201.jpg
Rahulkool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 15:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
While going in noticed there was some faint noise while using front brakes. Checked and everything was fine, till i noticed there was no brake oil . There is absolutely no brake oil in the reservoir but i could not also find any traces of brake oil leaking anywhere, and brakes are working fine, there was no fade or anything. Will mention this to the service center, as i am giving for first service tomorrow.
The same thing happened to me ,but I noticed it before .I rode hard for 100 kms and then stopped ,I would see smoke coming from exhaust .The oil had dripped on the hot exhaust .On inspection venkat shyam who was riding with me ,found that the brake oil cap was loose .Tightened it and no more oil leak.So the cap was loose from factory .Others check this and tighten it more .

BTW lovely snaps.

Last edited by black12rr : 9th April 2012 at 15:32.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 15:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
The same thing happened to me ,but I noticed it before .I rode hard for 100 kms and then stopped ,I would see smoke coming from exhaust .The oil had dripped on the hot exhaust .On inspection venkat shyam who was riding with me ,found that the brake oil cap was loose .Tightened it and no more oil leak.So the cap was loose from factory .Others check this and tighten it more .

BTW lovely snaps.
Thanks mate, you are talking about the rear brake cap right ? That i had already tighten as much as possible. In my case its the front brake which is creating trouble.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 15:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, you are talking about the rear brake cap right ? That i had already tighten as much as possible. In my case its the front brake which is creating trouble.
Yes probably if you ride very hard in bumpy roads the cap might open up.There was no oil in front brake ? .That's strange .Let me go and check this today .Thanks for sharing.
Old 10th April 2012, 01:33   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Yes probably if you ride very hard in bumpy roads the cap might open up.There was no oil in front brake ? .That's strange .Let me go and check this today .Thanks for sharing.
Just wanted the inputs of the others, has anyone come up against this problem of the caps coming loose during daily commutes in the city?
Old 10th April 2012, 19:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanupsingh View Post
Just wanted the inputs of the others, has anyone come up against this problem of the caps coming loose during daily commutes in the city?
sorry guys, brake fluid level is ok, as the brake fluid was filled till the top, i could not see the level and thought there is no oil

Got the service done today, Motul oil was not available so had to fill regular oil only. Will get changed to motul 7100 after 1000 kms.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Took the bike on ECR yesterday, took it past 100kmph yesterday. And i have to say this its not made for high speed cruising. Even at 100 the engine is doing far more revs, i feel 80-90 will be max comfortable cruising speed. But it reaches 120 in a jiffy, it could do more but i didnt tried.

Also got the crash guard for front from the showroom, installation is just 5 mins task. Exhaust is really loud and addictive past 7000 RPM. On the curvy ECR, it is just too much fun, i have tried the R15 V1 in the same stretch and Duke feel much more planted and easy to corner.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 16:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the curvy ECR, it is just too much fun, i have tried the R15 V1 in the same stretch and Duke feel much more planted and easy to corner.
The indiMotard Adventures team has added around 4-5 KTM 200's to their existing fleet of bikes and these were unleashed on the Kari track last month.

An experienced biker friend of mine who owns an R1 (and has ridden/toured it extensively) was saying the KTM is a cracker on the track and handles like a dream on the corners and chicanes. There is another track event on the 21st of this month, but the KTM's have been prebooked well in advance.

This definitely speaks about the bike's agility and handling.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 16:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The indiMotard Adventures team has added around 4-5 KTM 200's to their existing fleet of bikes and these were unleashed on the Kari track last month.

An experienced biker friend of mine who owns an R1 (and has ridden/toured it extensively) was saying the KTM is a cracker on the track and handles like a dream on the corners and chicanes. There is another track event on the 21st of this month, but the KTM's have been prebooked well in advance.

This definitely speaks about the bike's agility and handling.
Ohh thats great, maybe next track, i will take it out .

One unusual thing about the Duke handling is oversteer, but once you get used to its awesome. My guess is oversteer is there because of tyre size.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i removed the front no plate as well as the rear tyre hugger, The tyre hugger had plastic bit stuck around the bolts, wanted to remove those. After removing those cleaned it and was blow drying with a fan. The amount of drag tyre hugger generates is massive, that made me think if it will affect the handling. The way tyre hugger is fitted, it will reduce the rear wheel grip due to air drag. This addition is done for Indian market, makes me wonder if proper testing has been done or not, it should have some vents on the back side, right now design is like small umbrella.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

That second picture is magic Rahul, just loved it. I keep seeing a lot of photos from some good photographers but it's after real long time that some images managed to strike a chord with me.

Beautiful is the word.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 13:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

At last Performance racing store has few Duke accessories.

Performance Racing Store. Search

Was thinking of getting the Radiator guard. Is it worth 4000 buck ?
Old 5th May 2012, 13:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At last Performance racing store has few Duke accessories.

Performance Racing Store. Search

You should be joking to spend 4k on a perforated sheet metal . Not worth dude .
Old 7th May 2012, 11:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
You should be joking to spend 4k on a perforated sheet metal . Not worth dude .
+1. 4k for radiator guard is obscenely expensive.

Rahul, please PM rk_sans. He got a custom made radiator guard for his CBR 250R and IIRC it costed him just under 1k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks