Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2006, 14:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

5) Low end torque is too good. (I wonder how TVS manages to get this in all their models)

Overall it is worth a wait.[/quote]

Low end torque is perhaps the best in TVS bikes. The recently released star City perhaps has the best low end of all new bikes I have ridden. Helps a lot in the city driving
You are a keen observer.............Bravo
Old 8th April 2006, 18:16   #17
BANNED

low end torque in TVS bikes s rather due to the gearing ratio than a virtue with the engine torque . any bike has to perform reasonably well with all the gears . icase you happen to be in the 4 th gear and then want to accelerate ,you will find that the bikes are damp squibs .

when cbz was introduced ,it was supposed to be much faster in acceleration than a 2 stroke yamaha or shogun . but ,when you hit the 3,4,5 th gears you will find that the cbz amazes ,it just goes faster than a lame horse .
Old 8th April 2006, 18:29   #18
BHPian

so , all of the reps from u guys suggest that apache is better than a pulsar but still ppl prefer to go for the pulsar . i think the marketing guys of TVS are are far behind any other bike manufacturer
Old 8th April 2006, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Apache has a short wheelbase is much less than the pulsar and its not really comfortable for tall riders. I still don't think it is much better than Pulsar and i am sure its not going to beat the Pulsar in 150cc segment.
Old 8th April 2006, 19:46   #20

^^ Mate you are exactly correct.
I test drove the Apache, I am 6'1 and 90 Kgs and I was feeling like Harry Potter on his broom .

The Bike is smaller than pulsar and the seat is small, which gives less space for the pillon rider and the pillon has to mount on the back to sit, not too comfortable for big guys like me IMHO.

That's the reason I went for a Unicorn .
Old 8th April 2006, 20:25   #21
BHPian

well guys i am 5'11 and i weigh 85 kgs so will it be comfy for me
Old 8th April 2006, 20:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
so , all of the reps from u guys suggest that apache is better than a pulsar but still ppl prefer to go for the pulsar . i think the marketing guys of TVS are are far behind any other bike manufacturer
TVS's marketing dept is a far cry from others. They know how to make good bikes, dont know how to deliver them and give a good package.
Pulsar was released at a time when no real bikes were available. Sexy looks and good package sealed Bajaj's future.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 8th April 2006 at 21:01.
Old 9th April 2006, 00:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
The Apache has a short wheelbase is much less than the pulsar .
Apart from that it's rake angle is also a lot lesser than that of the Pulsar, which allows the bike to handle a lot better and behave more obediently.
The weight distribution and all is something I benefited from where you guys lost out. I weigh 48 kgs and am 5'6"...that allows my Fiero F2 and me to fly...am wondering whether I should pick up the Apache instead of my F2 now...
Old 9th April 2006, 11:32   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
TVS's marketing dept is a far cry from others. They know how to make good bikes, dont know how to deliver them and give a good package.
Pulsar was released at a time when no real bikes were available. Sexy looks and good package sealed Bajaj's future.
I dont think so , atleast i know that TVS regularly organises mechanic meets and packages a lot f goodies for the mechanics . well,for roadside mechanics thats a big thing .

For the average indian ,he wud trust an uneducated mechanic rather than trust his own self . thats one of the reasons why TVS manages to sell bikes .

and TVS sells more in chennai and bangalore . There are a certain set of people who associate themselves with TVS ,thats another reason why marketing isnt needed .
Old 10th April 2006, 09:53   #25
BANNED

Apche in cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
not yet come to cochin-just yesterday passed in front of the showroom.not even a banner of the apache.
If u wanna see apache in cochin.. go to cochin tvs at edapally.. They will give u a brochure for apache.. also u can see a red apache in the go down. . They will relese apache by this week last or next week ..
Old 10th April 2006, 13:29   #26
BHPian

Apache's Looks

Hey guys...

every body here is talkin bout its performance which i shld say is good...
but, what about the looks....
things which i noted were
Its doesnt look different among other bikes infact its an hybrid version of.Pulsar and discover , also wats with tat headlight, it looks a bit odd and small same goes with the tail light......(in the pics it looks good but in flesh , a different story)
The overall look is not as bulky and manly as pulsar or CBZ(forget comparing with ZMA)....And no ORIGNALITY !!

Well, no offence to anybody who has bought it
Old 10th April 2006, 15:48   #27
BHPian

Test drove the apache,
1. low end torque is good
2. Its not bulky like the Pulsar,
3. For its silenece, h eunicorn is better.
4. Perfect Biek for ppl who practise "Stoppies", its gotta smaller wheelebase.
5. The dome doesnt looks that good.

Overall Performace :- Still would good ahead with the uni, no offence to all apache owners, But bringing out apache made tvs did a good job to it
ie., a 5th gear
Old 10th April 2006, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
TVS Guys have always been rude...I had to go through the same when I bought my Fiero F2...

Sethu, what I actually wanna know is that is the rear susoension still as soft as it was on the Fiero, or have they sorted it out?
I am finding it hard to lay my hands on one here in Thane...
turbo_v12. The Suspension is not soft like Fiero or Victor 125. Hope they have concentrated already on this.

Another thing i missed out to mention was that the headlight beam of Apache is way ahead of it's competitors (Unicorn - Pathetic, Pulsar - ok).

Last edited by ksethuram : 10th April 2006 at 15:54.
Old 18th April 2006, 17:40   #29
BHPian

the TVS guys are out of their commitment . First they told me to wait till 15th and now when i went to the showroom to check it out . the same chap with the same reply . sir,no brochure,no price , no bookings and now he has asked me to wait till 1st week of May to get the bike and then too i will have to book it and wait for 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!.i think this is the limit to wait . i have cut out TVS apache and will surely buy a hero honda Karizma instead
Old 18th April 2006, 18:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
the TVS guys are out of their commitment . First they told me to wait till 15th and now when i went to the showroom to check it out . the same chap with the same reply . sir,no brochure,no price , no bookings and now he has asked me to wait till 1st week of May to get the bike and then too i will have to book it and wait for 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!.i think this is the limit to wait . i have cut out TVS apache and will surely buy a hero honda Karizma instead
If u have an eye on the Karizma close your eyes and go for it. Apache is no where near Karizma in any aspect other than mileage. I liked everything abt it but hate it's name (a lousy K A R I Z M A). The CBR 225 name would have been better. I had no other choice and setteled in for a Thunderbird.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks