Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 12:31   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Hmm. For rear its the sirac street, what about the front ?
Mate, Suggest you to put the MRF Zapper FS for the front. They are pretty good and will give a neutral feedback for steering compared to the others in market. Rear go for Sirac if the conditions require it.
Old 28th December 2012, 00:44   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Mate, Suggest you to put the MRF Zapper FS for the front. They are pretty good and will give a neutral feedback for steering compared to the others in market. Rear go for Sirac if the conditions require it.
Sure pal, any ideas of the cost?
Old 28th December 2012, 07:47   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies mate am unsure on the cost of it though.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
3-4k is a good budget. Recently a member on a different forum changed his RTR180 rear tyre to MRF Zapper Vyde and he is very happy with the grip levels. He got it for 2700/- It is a 120-80/17 though but you dont need any modification to fit the tyre and it does not rub the walls as well.

I changed mine due to a puncture which was refusing to leak air on the stock tyre. I went with Pirelli MT75 (stock RTR180 size) and its a very good tyre with good grip on dry, gravel and aids cornering as well. Full wet i got to test only twice and it was perfect and sea of change compared to stock.

Honest opinion, change them now and enjoy a better handling bike, rather than waiting for end of life of the tyre which is probably 20k kms.

The RTR180 comes with 17 inchers. Very nice compilation and a much needed thread for the motorbikes section. Thanks for starting the thread.

Was fed up with the stock tyres of RTR. Went and got Pirelli Sport Demon 120/80 for 3500Rs. Finding 110 one was gonna take time and hence just paid for it.

I donno if I should have tried MRF( which would have saved money too) but I am really really happy. The whole riding/braking experience changed! You feel the difference even when you are just doing short runs.

The bike did feel gaining more height after the tyre change though.

RTR owners! get that stock TVS tyre off asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
As abhinav has suggested you can go with pirelli mt75 , pirelli sport demon, or zapper vyde.

Sport demon is hard compound while the other two are relatively soft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I will add my experience with tires on my bike so far.

Pirelli Sport Demon
The most expensive front tyre on my bike yet. It was super grippy, almost as much as the IRC Wildflare. But it lasted on the first 2K kms. Post that the grip just went downhill. Infact post the 2-3K kms mark the tyre hasn't lost much thread but there isn't much in terms of grip left. This has to be the most disappointing tyre I have used so far. Paid some 2.7K for this on top of that!
A bit late to learn but lets see how it turns out for me. I though now ride on very good roads and hence my take on the tyre may be different.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-photo_1356418811454.jpg  

Last edited by jkdas : 28th December 2012 at 12:21. Reason: adding pix
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:18   #140

Quote:
Hi

The cost of MRF Zapper FS should be around 1400/- inc. taxes and that of a Sirac Street Should be around 2860/- inc. taxes.

Sirac Street is a more urban tyre as compared to the old Sirac (without the street added to its name) as the rubber compound used is a bit harder than the older version which has ensured a greater life on road and as a result less grip.

Zapper FS is a very good tyre for your requirements.

I have been using Sirac and Zapper combo on my 350 for about 15000kms now and the tread is still good for about 5000 more kms.
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_s14 View Post

Hi

The cost of MRF Zapper FS should be around 1400/- inc. taxes and that of a Sirac Street Should be around 2860/- inc. taxes.

Sirac Street is a more urban tyre as compared to the old Sirac (without the street added to its name) as the rubber compound used is a bit harder than the older version which has ensured a greater life on road and as a result less grip.

Zapper FS is a very good tyre for your requirements.

I have been using Sirac and Zapper combo on my 350 for about 15000kms now and the tread is still good for about 5000 more kms.
Sure pal, and thanks for the rates. Let me check if it is the same in my locality.
Eagerly waiting for the weekend to hunt for the rubbers
Old 9th January 2013, 22:25   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Michelin Pilot sporty which is a very very good tire is available in 90/90-17 for front tyre application on ChangeMyTyre

http://www.changemytyre.com/Motorcyc...OT-SPORTY/2469

Price is really good at 1600 odd.Those who are hunting for front tyres in 17 inchers,suggest you stock this ASAP. This is the front best tyre you can get for less than 2000 bucks!
Old 10th January 2013, 10:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle tyre shootout

Time to review few things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Continental Tires - Conti-Go

Application:...
Cons:
Not grippy at all
Loose confidence on wet/rains no matter how long it is run
Absolute waste of money as Conti doesn't know how to manufacture tire without defects. Have used two of them on my CBR & both had manufacturing defect
MRF Zapper Q

Application:Rear tyre (USING for nearly 10K km)
Used size : 140/70R17
Costs approx : Was charged 4k, but I believe it's lesser than that

This size is stock size for CBR 250R; NOT a radial; good tread pattern to vent out water & hence good on wet/rains & avoid hydroplaning to a great extent than competitors.

Pros: No manufacturing defect
Excellent tread pattern
Good for now on rain/wet weather

Cons:
Same as Conti when it comes to dry weather
Little expensive

MRF Zapper Q

Used size : 110/70R17
Costs approx : Was charged 3k, but I believe it's lesser than that

This size is stock size for CBR 250R & KTM Duke 200; RADIAL; good tread pattern; excellent grip on both wet & dry weather. Had accidentally braked twice on hard & sandy surfaces (heart in mouth situations) & the tire did good job & it was non ABS motorcycle.

RADIAL
Excellent tread pattern

Cons:
Has a little less aspect ratio, but that's absolutely doesn't matter when riding

Last edited by aargee : 10th January 2013 at 10:05.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:38   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Was fed up with the stock tyres of RTR. Went and got Pirelli Sport Demon 120/80 for 3500Rs. Finding 110 one was gonna take time and hence just paid for it.

I donno if I should have tried MRF( which would have saved money too) but I am really really happy. The whole riding/braking experience changed! You feel the difference even when you are just doing short runs.
Any pointers on the front tire replacement? My bike is still running on stock tires up front. After completing nearly 38k kilometers on it, without a spill, I'd say they aren't as bad as we, or infact I have quoted them in the past. The tire is a slick now with no tread whatsoever on it. Looking for a quick replacement. First choice is R15 V2.0 front tire. The specs are near or more same as the RTR rubber, but trouble is they aren't available with dealers here. How's the Zapper FS?

I have also completed around 8k on the Zapper C, 110-sec stock size. Grip so far has been very impressive. I had my doubts about it earlier, but over the time I have realized that they are pretty good and inspire confidence around corners too. No complains on Zapper C's performance.
Old 10th January 2013, 13:00   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Time to review few things...

MRF Zapper Q

Used size : 140/70R17
Costs approx : Was charged 4k, but I believe it's lesser than that

This size is stock size for CBR 250R; NOT a radial; good tread pattern to vent out water & hence good on wet/rains & avoid hydroplaning to a great extent than competitors.

Excellent tread pattern

Cons:
Same as Conti when it comes to dry weather
Little expensive

MRF Zapper Q

Used size : 110/70R17
Costs approx : Was charged 3k, but I believe it's lesser than that

This size is stock size for CBR 250R & KTM Duke 200; RADIAL; good tread pattern; excellent grip on both wet & dry weather. Had accidentally braked twice on hard & sandy surfaces (heart in mouth situations) & the tire did good job & it was non ABS motorcycle.

RADIAL
Excellent tread pattern

Cons:
Has a little less aspect ratio, but that's absolutely doesn't matter when riding

Are both front and rear tyre of same model?Zapper Q? I doubt because Q is available only for rear.Can you please correct if its wrong and ask the mods to move the review to the first post so that all the reviews will be in one place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Any pointers on the front tire replacement? My bike is still running on stock tires up front. After completing nearly 38k kilometers on it, without a spill, I'd say they aren't as bad as we, or infact I have quoted them in the past. The tire is a slick now with no tread whatsoever on it. Looking for a quick replacement. First choice is R15 V2.0 front tire. The specs are near or more same as the RTR rubber, but trouble is they aren't available with dealers here. How's the Zapper FS?

I have also completed around 8k on the Zapper C, 110-sec stock size. Grip so far has been very impressive. I had my doubts about it earlier, but over the time I have realized that they are pretty good and inspire confidence around corners too. No complains on Zapper C's performance.

The 90/90-17 Zapper FS is really good.
Old 21st January 2013, 10:56   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

The 90/90-17 Zapper FS is really good.
None of the grey market dealers stock R15 V2 Zapper FY1 (90/80-17) it seems. Finally, I had a go in Yamaha dealership here. They too didn't have it in stock.

However, the price he quoted for the front zapper is 3500 bucks. I was taken a bit aback hearing those numbers. So decided I'd settle for the Zapper FS.

Can't really comment on its performance so far. On a short ride on and around snowy peaks, the Zapper didn't disappoint even once.
Old 21st January 2013, 11:12   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post

None of the grey market dealers stock R15 V2 Zapper FY1 (90/80-17) it seems. Finally, I had a go in Yamaha dealership here. They too didn't have it in stock.

However, the price he quoted for the front zapper is 3500 bucks. I was taken a bit aback hearing those numbers. So decided I'd settle for the Zapper FS.

Can't really comment on its performance so far. On a short ride on and around snowy peaks, the Zapper didn't disappoint even once.
Yes the zapper fy is over priced. Mainly because its hard to find . I bought it for 3100 bucks. The original price is not more than 2000bucks. But the tyre as such is really really good. Love it!
Old 27th January 2013, 14:00   #148
BHPian

Hi guys. Need a help. I have a 2006 karizma.

In the front i have a tubless mrf tyre which comes stock with zmr. I had changed my front alloy also to the zmr one.

In the rear i have a 120-80 V-Rubber. Pathetic tyre. Too heavy and to hard. I have somehow managed to live with this tyre for the last 4 years and around 10K kms. Now I just cant take it. This tyre gives me such less confidence that I am scared of riding it even in a straight line.

I am looking for 110 section tyre in 18 inches. I would prefer a tubeless and a soft compound tyre as my annual running now is not more than 4K kms.
The usage pattern is more within the city and and an occasional trip.

If anybody can list pros and cons of these three tyres that would be great:
Michelin siraac
Pirelli mt75
Pirelli speed deamon

Thanks
Rachit

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 27th January 2013 at 14:29.
Old 30th January 2013, 13:47   #149
BHPian

I am bumping up my queries again as I got no response. Please help..

A friend is planning a Leh trip on 2011 TBTS 350 and wants to know what tyre to go for given the varied riding conditions of the trip. Plan is to change both front and rear. Queries:
1. what tyre to use on stock rims?
2. Is it recommended to go for tubeless tyres on allows? If yes, what alloys?
3. what tyre to use if we can use a smaller 18" rim?

Inputs from riders who have done the route as well as TBTS riders will be greatly appreciated.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:40   #150
BHPian

Can anybody also review motorcycle tubes as well? after my last puncture, I am going around with a 19inch tube in a 18inch tyre (2012 RE Classic 500). Is this safe in the first place?
  1. I wish i could find a 18inch puncture resistance tube (like the Honda Tuf-Tube). Do we have similar options in the tubes front?
  2. And the use of Slime in tubes, does it cause any wobbling effect when driven speeds exceeding 100kmph?
  3. Do we have good options in the puncture resistant tyre category?
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks