Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 12:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyosung GT250R: Big Boy Launched @ 2.75 Lakh

Interesting fact shared by Mr. Shirish Kulkarni, DSK-Hyosung plans to import the engines and manufacture the rest of the bike locally. This is an aim to localize almost 90% of the bike.

He also mentioned that the bike (which would be localized) will be re-designed by the students of the DSK Supinfocom (Pune). The bike will see a completely new design.

How much of this will be done and is feasible? Only time will tell us more.
Old 15th June 2012, 14:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
He also mentioned that the bike (which would be localized) will be re-designed by the students of the DSK Supinfocom (Pune). The bike will see a completely new design.
I searched for their site and found this DSK Supinfocom - Institute of Animation, Video Game & Industrial Design

They have a course in Industrial design along with animation and game designing. DSK Supinfocom - DSK ISD, the best design school providing quality standards of education

I suppose they have a tie-up with a french institute,
their Institute is near Pune it seems. Didn't find the establishment date though.

I think the students will create some design concepts which might be showcased at Autoexpo for eyecandy, doubt that these designs will transpire into anything concrete.

A good initiative by DSK though, they seem to be making all the right noises.

[EXCEPT THE PRICING ]
Old 16th June 2012, 14:34   #33
BHPian

Umm, a bit disappointing pricing. But, I'm sure the price will go down as the localisation begins. This bike, although, I felt a bit cheap in some parts and as parrys said LARGE PANEL GAPS. It is intended to compete with Honda CBR250 and Kawasaki Ninja but at this point of time, they both are priced at a substantially lower price!

Now, The actual pros and cons of this bike would be known only after a detailed review.
Thanks Parrys

S@ndy
Old 18th June 2012, 13:25   #34
BHPian

Will go for it once it hits the used bike market, appx 6 months to an year used bike can be bought at a good deal. Waiting for that moment to grab it.
There are quite a few 650's available for sale under 3.8Lacs as of now.
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:31   #35
BHPian

The bike looks cheap. However, I am sure the bike has something going for it for them to price it at twice the price of an Enfield (Which is 100 CC more) and even higher than a Honda CBR 250. How's the reliability of this brand though in comparison to Honda?

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2012 at 14:20. Reason: Post edited. We are here to discuss cars & bikes, not people.
Old 16th November 2013, 13:26   #36

Where to get aftermarket exhaust for Hyosung GT250R in Delhi?

Hi Team-Bhpians,

I have a Hyosung GT250R which has clocked 2000 km. I am so far happy with the bike, and with the exhaust too.
I had recently debaffled the exhaust to make it sound harsher and louder, which it perfectly does.

However, I fell off the bike (thanks to an autorikshaw), which has left some gruesome scratches on the stock exhaust.

I dont find it feasible to replace with the stock exhaust which costs a whopping 65k , nonetheless the insurance will need me to pay about 30% of the exhaust cost (because they feel it doesnt need replacement). This comes to roughly 20k. I feel getting a custom exhaust would be a better idea.

But, here starts the problem, I don't find any suitable information on where to get it done from in Delhi and which one to go for?

If there are any sportsbike enthusiasts who know where (and which one) i can get it, please help.

Thanks

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th November 2013 at 15:40.
Old 16th November 2013, 16:08   #37
BHPian

Re: Where to get aftermarket exhaust for Hyosung GT250R in Delhi?

I am pretty sure that you will be able to find many shops dealing with sports bikes' accessories in Karol Bagh market in New Delhi. This market is famous for used cars and bikes and also for car/bike accessories. You must visit there and you will definitely not be left disappointed. Go sometime early in the morning (like 9 am) because it is a huge market and you need a lot of time to find the right silencer, negotiations and fitment. Also plan to invest in good riding gears, jackets and LS2 helmets etc.

All the best !
bhasker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 17:55   #38
Team-BHP Support

DSK Motowheels marked the first anniversary of its Hy Ryders club with the launch of a limited edition Hyosung GT250R sports bike. Called the Signature Edition GT250R LE, it is priced at 2.97 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Hyosung GT250R: Big Boy Launched @ 2.75 Lakh-pic-3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th December 2013 at 15:20.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 23:13   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Where to get aftermarket exhaust for Hyosung GT250R in Delhi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktithakran View Post
Hi Team-Bhpians,
I dont find it feasible to replace with the stock exhaust which costs a whopping 65k , nonetheless the insurance will need me to pay about 30% of the exhaust cost (because they feel it doesnt need replacement). This comes to roughly 20k. I feel getting a custom exhaust would be a better idea.

But, here starts the problem, I don't find any suitable information on where to get it done from in Delhi and which one to go for?

If there are any sportsbike enthusiasts who know where (and which one) i can get it, please help.
Performance Racing Store in Mumbai has exhausts for the GT250, the price listed on the website is 38k. They should be able to help you with a competent and trusted mechanic that can get it fitted for you as well.
Old 28th March 2014, 13:09   #40
Team-BHP Support

Korean motorcycle manufacturer, Hyosung is preparing to introduce the GT250R facelift in India. The facelift features a redesigned fairing and a new headlight. The fairing is now similar looking to the more expensive GT650R.

On the mechanical front there are no changes to the GT250R. The official launch of the GT250R is rumoured to be around the corner. Hyosung is accepting bookings for the bike, which has been priced at Rs. 3.11 lakh (on-road, Mumbai).

Link to team-BHP News Article

Hyosung GT250R: Big Boy Launched @ 2.75 Lakh-2014hyosunggt250rrefresh.jpg
Old 1st April 2014, 18:30   #41
Team-BHP Support

Hyosung has launched the GT250R facelift in India. It is priced at Rs. 2,76,000 (ex-showroom, Pune) and will be sold through DSK Hyosung's 36 brand outlets across India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Hyosung GT250R: Big Boy Launched @ 2.75 Lakh-new-gt250-rredtta.jpg
Hyosung GT250R: Big Boy Launched @ 2.75 Lakh-new-gt250-rwhitetta.jpg
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 16:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks I'm a newbie biker; rented an FZ-16 3 weeks ago and I feel it is now time for me to buy a bike. I checked out the used market for green Ninja 250s and absolutely loved the bike but then I rode a GT250R and boy did it make me forget the Ninja. Sure it is fatter and slower and not as nicely put together but it is the only bike in the segment that feels like a supersports. Loved the aggressive riding position and found it to handle curves a lot better than the Ninja. Feel like this is the perfect starter bike for me considering the plan is to eventually get a nice 600cc supersport (perhaps I can revisit the idea of a Ninja then obviously it will be the more dedicated ZX6R). My only grouse is that people are commanding pretty high prices for the bike has DSK not started manufacturing it here already?
Old 1st October 2015, 17:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Loved the aggressive riding position and found it to handle curves a lot better than the Ninja. Feel like this is the perfect starter bike for me
Hey IshaanIan, your statement is quite an eye opener mate.
I have only ridden the Ninja, and find it quite novice friendly and forgiving at corners
Never ridden a GT250R, but it would be nice if you could pen down a detailed comparison post between the cornering abilities of the two, as you have ridden both extensively.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 19:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey IshaanIan, your statement is quite an eye opener mate.
I have only ridden the Ninja, and find it quite novice friendly and forgiving at corners
Never ridden a GT250R, but it would be nice if you could pen down a detailed comparison post between the cornering abilities of the two, as you have ridden both extensively.
Have not ridden either of the bikes extensively, just spent an afternoon with each, and a few more sessions on a friend's Ninja more recently. Anyway, here I go:

I found the GT250r more eager to turn-in to a corner which was surprising considering its weight and the upside-down suspension offered more detailed feedback of the road and the bike offered immense levels of mid-corner stability and precise feel from the chassis. The downside of detailed feedback in corners, is that one needs to be careful of the rebound rate when going fast on straight roads as I experienced my first tank slapper on a minor undulation that I never used to even lift off for in my driving days. This scared the living daylights out of me and I am grateful for having come out of that experience without falling. Few other points which may just be a personal preference; I preferred the heavier clutch on the Hyosung, I felt the fueling to be touch better as well as rev-matching was easier done on the Hyo and the V twin sounded better than the Ninjas Parallel twin unit (the bike I rode was not running on stock tyres and came with steel-braided brake lines and upgraded brake pads. Owner said that the brake upgrade made a significant improvement in the feel and sheer stopping force of the bike and said that the tyre upgrade had brought improvements in wet weather traction and overall feedback levels)

The Ninja on the other hand made its lighter weight immediately evident and it was easier to deal with switchback corners. Top-end performance from the motor is also more juicy. Once I was done dealing with the long twisty road near my college which I used to get a feel of both the bikes, riding it in the city proved to be a cake-walk compared to the Hyosung. Gear shift quality was also miles better than the clunky unit on the Hyo. When riding through the terrible Bangalore city traffic, I got to experience the infamous heating issue with the Hyosung (even though I was wearing jeans) which made me appreciate the liquid cooling on the Ninja. The quality and feel of plastic, seating, paint and fitment was also unsurprisingly better on the Japanese bike

In the end, as a newbie, the Ninja was the bike on which I felt naturally comfortable. It was more forgiving as you pointed out and the confidence it inspired allowed me to look less stupid be it in the city or on the twisties. The Comet on the other hand felt very intimidating and I needed a couple of runs on the twisties to find the right riding stance. I probably cornered better on average with the Ninja but experienced a few brief spectacular moments with the Comet. I felt urged to buy a Comet and perfect my skills on the bike instead of buying the Ninja and merely learning how to deal with the power a 250 has to offer as the Comet felt more rewarding. My friend also agreed that if I was looking to upgrade to a proper supersports in the near future, the Comet would offer a better learning platform as well.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a novice (still riding a rental bike) so my views may not chime with experts here. Hope they helped though.

Cheers!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 29th November 2015 at 19:40.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 10:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Have not ridden either of the bikes extensively, just spent an afternoon with each, and a few more sessions on a friend's Ninja more recently. Anyway, here I go:
A very interesting take (though I have to secretly agree that half of it went really over my head - I am not technical enough to understand the rebound rates stuff like that ) - thank you for the views, IshaanIan.

So, if I may sum it up in plane man's language - you feel that Ninja is more forgiving but GT250R is the one which kept you on your edge, and if one is planning to upgrade to a super sports, GT250R will make a better starting platform than Ninja. I hope I was able to sum it up correctly.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel a GT250R will be a better starting platform if you want to upgrade to a supersports?

Also, will be nice to hear your views, if you have tried the RC390.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks