Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 14:50   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Ashis89,

Wish you all the best for discovering new features yourself. Just a analogy - I work in Software & we are always told that learning a new feature in Software while actually working on it is a best way to remember it for rest of your life, while what is taught in classrooms training sessions is generally forgotten in couple of days / weeks.

Anyways regarding stickers, you wish you put them on your bike? if yes, then the transperent www.team-bhp.com URL sticker can be put on the side panels of Pulsar (where 150 / 180 is written). Even a small www.team-bhp.com URL sticker can be put on the rear number plate, provided there is space available.

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh, Thanks. Yes I want to put the stickers on my bike, my only ride. I had already thought about the rear number plate and will check it out. But I have doubts regarding the rear panel. It is black in color, will the sticker be visible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This is how I pasted mine. But I have to get a new set now, as I have bought a new helmet and got rid of the old one.
Thanks Gansan, I had thought about the number plate and will surely stick one there. Regarding the helmet, even my helmet is old and due for change. May be I should try your idea on a new helmet.

Regards,
Ashis
Old 17th December 2012, 14:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

^^Cops in Bangalore may be less lenient of extra characters on the number plate, so use your discretion!
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:25   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

I went on a medium range road trip yesterday. Bangalore - Shivanasamudra Falls - Bangalore. A total distance of 325 kms from my home. This, coupled with 30 kms of local movement after returning and I ended up riding 355 kms yesterday. At the end of the day, I was as fresh as any other day.

Will describe a bit about the Shivanasamudra trip. It took me 3.5hrs one way with 2 small breaks. We were just two of us on my bike. Left at 11 am, went till E-city and took Nice road. Then we took the Mysore road and covered some 100 odd kms. With Mysore still 55 kms away, we took a left turn at Mandya. After this the road was pretty horrible untill the last 15 kms. Visited the Shivanasamudra power project and then came back by 3. We had a stop at KFC enroute and were confused between KAMAT and KFC. Finally KFC won and we had some delicious chicken. Finally reached b'lore by 7:15.

Issues faced: Rattling on the bad roads and bike feels a bit delicate due to this.

FE: Haven't refilled. Had brimmed up the day before the trip and have covered 385 kms since then. Should be able to cover 200+ kms before hitting reserve.
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
FE: Haven't refilled. Had brimmed up the day before the trip and have covered 385 kms since then. Should be able to cover 200+ kms before hitting reserve.
Hello Ashis89,

Good to know that you are enjoying long trip on this wonderful bike.

Luckily in my case, rattling have totally gone as of now. Let us hope it does not crop up again in future.

As far as mileage is concerned, I am getting figures of 45 - 47 KMPL with mix of city & highway runs. I have already done 1000 kms & have confirmed the mileage twice.

Hello All,

There was oil leakage from both front forks & last weekend I got this resolved. Actually the rubber gasker (rubber seal) inside the forks that hold the oil went kaput & subsequently the entire fork assembly was opened, cleaned, rubber gasket replaced & oil was refilled. Total cost was Rs. 600 (200 for Gulf Front Fork Oil, Rs. 175 for Rubber Gaskets & Rs. 200 Labour & Rs. 25 Misc).

Thanks,
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:42   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Ashis89,

Good to know that you are enjoying long trip on this wonderful bike.

Luckily in my case, rattling have totally gone as of now. Let us hope it does not crop up again in future.

As far as mileage is concerned, I am getting figures of 45 - 47 KMPL with mix of city & highway runs. I have already done 1000 kms & have confirmed the mileage twice.
That is a very good mileage. I have been getting 41-43 kmpl in city with heavy traffic crawls involved and riding which is no-where sedate.

On the highways I have managed 44-45 kmpl with average speed above 75kmph through out always.

Regarding the rattling, I have confirmed that it isn't coming from the fairing or the tank extensions. The front bumper isn't loose even. But the sound does come from the front. And I am quite sure it comes from within the tank especially when there is more than half tank fuel. Don't know why.

May be I should fill a couple of litres everytime.
Old 5th January 2013, 12:31   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been 5 months 3 days and my odo reading is a couple of kms shy of the 6000 km mark. I am posting a few pics of my ride.

These are the pics of the day I took the delivery, 2nd Aug '12.
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20120802-14.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20120802-15.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20120802-16.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20120802-17.jpg
I performed the puja the next day as I didn't get time from office on that day. Sadly I couldn't capture any pics on that day.

The following are the pics from my trip Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore:
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121110-18.jpg
Taking a break somewhere before Hiriyur. Beautiful sunflower field on both sides of the road.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121110-19.jpg
My friend Debasish on the left and me next to him.

FACE-OFF
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121110-20.jpg
In a forest between Mundgod and Yellapur. We took a shortcut after consulting a few locals near Bankapur but the road was very bad.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121110-33.jpg
Debasish and Jitendra. We were a group of 3 travelling together on 2 P180s. The Pulsar in the pic belongs to Debasish.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121111-32.jpg
The bikes cooling off in the shade near Chapora Fort

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121113-21.jpg
On the way back. I was well ahead of my friends and was waiting for them. This is just after crossing Chitradurga. Lots of windmills can be seen on the hills around there.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121113-22.jpg
My bike shining off the setting sun.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121113-23.jpg
They finally arrived...and we are ready to march on

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121117-24.jpg
Just after the 2nd free service at Popular Bajaj. A second coat of the so-called '3M' polish had left it all greasy.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121117-25.jpg
Came home and gave it a proper wipe and it started shining as it should

Now the TEAM-BHP stickers have found a place on my bike. Would have been happy if there were some dedicated stickers for riders as they are for drivers. Mods please are you listening?
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121222-26.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121222-27.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121222-28.jpg
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121222-29.jpg

And the key ring in place:
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121222-30.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20130101-31.jpg
On a recent trip to Shivanasamudra falls, on the way back

PS: Forgive me for the poor image quality, all were taken from my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Bajaj Pulsar 180 : Long term ownership report. Edit, sold!-20121222-28.jpg  

Last edited by ashis89 : 5th January 2013 at 12:34.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 18:30   #67

Quote:
1st Free Service experience
- 6th negative impression.

While checking everything, I found that the oil level was about 3mm below the MIN level. I was furious. I immediately called the service in charge and asked for an explanation for it. To this he replied that the oil level would increase once the engine runs and the oil circulates(is it true as I don't know about it? Correct me if I wrong).

I argued that the bike had run a bit during trial run and the oil shouldn't be below the MIN mark. The argument escalated and they said they would drain the oil to show me the quantity of oil used. After draining, it was found that the oil was slightly more than 800 ML. They then started justifying by saying that some oil goes into the oil filter and some pump which won't be drained out(again is it true?). To this I argued that when we change the oil, some old would be remaining in the GB according to their theory, which is not at all good. They were speechless.

Finally they topped up the drained oil with some more oil to make it a full 1L and then put it in the GB.

- Umpteen negative impressions.
Finally on riding out of the showroom, I found that the vibrations was unaddressed.
The dumbheads at Bajaj Service (I think all over India) often are careless about using the correct oil in terms of its viscometrics ( whether its 20W40 or 20W50 - which is specified for Pulsar 180, 200 and 220F/S), and the other one ofcourse being the quantity of oil is always lesser than the correct value.

They never check the oil level indication window to check the oil level prior to delivery of the vehicle.
nilaykmrsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 16:24   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Another update:

I changed the stock headlamp bulb to a Osram Night Breaker 60/55W day before yesterday. It cost me 650 INR and I got it from a shop named MotoCross on JC road. The throw is very good and the beam is slightly whiter. I do need to adjust to lower the high beam a bit.

I also bought a new helmet, a SteelBird make, Ninja style. It feels tight around the upper fore-head area but I was told that it will loosen up a bit after use. It has a metallic white finish with no graphics except for logos. It cost 1300 INR.

Went on a trip to Mysore and back yesterday. Was satisfied with the bike's performance. While returning, had to switch on the light for the last 70kms. I mainly used the low-beam and the spread was good. Didn't see any battery check light throughout and I forgot to check for any heating issue.
Old 20th February 2013, 14:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

It has been exactly three months & I have done 2000 kms on my pre-owned 2010 Pulsar 180. The ride has been amazing & I have throughly enjoyed the bike practically everyday.

As far as mileage is concerned I am constantly getting 45 - 47 kmpl, which includes mixture of city & highway roads. At time of buying the bike I was expecting mileage in range of 40 - 42 kmpl, but figure of 47 kmpl is truly surprising.

Thanks,
Old 26th February 2013, 00:09   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

It has been exactly three months & I have done 2000 kms on my pre-owned 2010 Pulsar 180........but figure of 47 kmpl is truly surprising.

Thanks,
Hello Jignesh. Congrats on completing 2000kms. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your bike and more importantly, it is not pinching your pocket. Wishing you many happy rides on it.
47 kmpl is need a very good figure for P180.

I am about to complete 7 months this 2nd Mar and my odo will cross 8000km by then(its at 78xx kms now). I have been getting 42+ kmpl in city. It includes daily traffic jams for 10 kms. In mixed conditions, it returns 45+ when is more than enough for me.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 19:14   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I am going for higher studies for 2 years to Odisha. I am in a dilemma to take my bike along or sell it off. Can anyone suggest which would be better?

If I sell it off, I will have an Activa for my use which is pretty much lying idle at home(its an year old). In such case what can I expect for my bike here in Bangalore?

If I take it along, will I need a NOC and how easy is it to procure it? What else do I need to take care of?

PS: My bike was bought in Aug '12 and has done 9xxx kms till date.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going for higher studies for 2 years to Odisha. I am in a dilemma to take my bike along or sell it off. Can anyone suggest which would be better?PS: My bike was bought in Aug '12 and has done 9xxx kms till date.
Hello Ashish,

Wish you all the very best for your further studies.

Regarding your bike, I will suggest you to take it along with you to Odisha. You can definitely get a NOC for one year & then extend the same for another year.

As far as selling the bike is concerned, I will not advise it. Still if you have to sell it, expect atleast 20 / 25% loss from the original purchase price.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:01   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1st part replacement for the bike, after buying and using it for 9 months and 9700kms. The rear brake shoe were replaced. They did have some life left(may be another couple of thousand kms) but FNG said its better to change it else it might damage the drum/alloy.

Cost - 140 INR.

FE has gone down and the bike returns 39-40 kmpl in city riding conditions(with 75% heavy throttle). Performance is good and I am happy. I have observed that the drop in FE has been after my headlamp upgrade. Can it be the reason?
Old 19th May 2013, 18:50   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed 10k kms while going for my 3rd free service(its due at 10k kms). No issues as of now. Paid 160 INR. for the 'free' service. FE has been hovering between 38-43 kmpl in city rides only. Sedate ride with gear shift around 4k RPM gives ~44 kmpl and revving it to 7-8k rpm regularly gives 38-39 kmpl.

I am leaving Bangalore and going to Bhubaneswar for higher studies. Will be taking the bike along as I didn't get the expected resale. Can anyone lead me about the NOC process and if anyone has any contacts/agents where I can get it smoothly? I have been keeping busy in office and haven't got time to visit the RTO.

PS: My bike regn. is KA-01.

Regards,
Ashis
Old 7th June 2013, 12:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 10k kms while going for my 3rd free service(its due at 10k kms). No issues as of now.
Hello Ashis,

As we have Toe-only gear shift level on Pulsar 180, is your left leg shoe getting spoiled?

During last six months two of my formal shoes have spoiled (upper layer is coming out). I have tried applying brown tape on gear shift level rubber but with no positive results.

Has anyone else experienced such shoe damaging problem with Toe-only gear shift levver in bikes? If yes, how do you tackle this issue?

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks