Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:15   #91

Re: What bike for 75,000? Ex-Enfield rider, current CBR rider

I would advice you to go for a Apache RTR 160. Using it for primary office going since 2009 and 30k kms later it still has the punch!

The parts are not too expensive and there are a array of service stations around. It has a decent fuel economy (45kmpl city) and good overall looks.

But unicorn is a fine bike as well but with a lesser kick in the engine zone, personally i felt the dazzler was too timid for me. Finally I think you should take a ride on both and decide for yourself.

Cheers!
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:20   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats! So Impulse won the battle eh! You will love it on the leh roads with the SUV like seating and suspension. You must have already seen the videos posted by Niks_devil in the Impulse thread where he has taken the impulse to leh.
Yup - another criteria that helped was I finally got bored of all the other bikes. Wanted something different.

Yes, the videos were awesome! Quite an inspiration. Now if only someone gives me the money to get a R 1200 GS
Old 11th March 2013, 19:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

So finally I have an update. I have sold the Thunderbird. Though I didn't get the price I was looking for, I am happy to have sold it to someone who can appreciate a Royal Enfield.

Now, my confusion continues. Though I was set on the Impulse, my friend who toured the NE on it asked me to wait a bit longer - saying that the Honda CRF 250L will be coming to India soon. This has been a rumour for sometime now though - there is even a thread here on it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...50l-india.html

What do you guys say?
Old 12th March 2013, 10:49   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Though I was set on the Impulse, my friend who toured the NE on it asked me to wait a bit longer - saying that the Honda CRF 250L will be coming to India soon.

What do you guys say?
As of now the introduction of the Honda CRF 250L to the Indian market is only being speculated. We hope it does make it here in good time.

My honest advice would be to wait it out and when it eventually does land here, take her for a spin. If she drives you nuts and strikes a chord or two, put your money down.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 11:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, my confusion continues. Though I was set on the Impulse, my friend who toured the NE on it asked me to wait a bit longer - saying that the Honda CRF 250L will be coming to India soon. This has been a rumour for sometime now though - there is even a thread here on it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...50l-india.html

What do you guys say?
Wait, i also had the same thought but Impulse spares are hardly available.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Thought Hero would relaunch Impulse with the Kari engine which I feel should be a good bet. Engine spares should not be a problem as am sure Hero does not have any R&D to change/alter the Kari engine to get it rolling on a Impulse.

All that we might have to watch out might be the performance of the Kari Engine on the Impulse Chassis
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 15:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
As of now the introduction of the Honda CRF 250L to the Indian market is only being speculated. We hope it does make it here in good time.

My honest advice would be to wait it out and when it eventually does land here, take her for a spin. If she drives you nuts and strikes a chord or two, put your money down.
Yup, speculation that has been around for a year now. Not sure if Hero is forcing Honda to slow down on plans to do that since they have the Impulse. Not sure how long I have to wait though for the CRF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Spares like? I thought Hero was pretty good at keeping all their old bikes running. Any idea of specific spares missing etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Thought Hero would relaunch Impulse with the Kari engine which I feel should be a good bet. Engine spares should not be a problem as am sure Hero does not have any R&D to change/alter the Kari engine to get it rolling on a Impulse.

All that we might have to watch out might be the performance of the Kari Engine on the Impulse Chassis
Not sure if Hero will officially upgrade the Impulse to the Karizma engine. I see some people have done it but the weight ratio suffers a bit due to that and the gear ratios aren't great for the Impulse. Also, the brakes aren't enough for that much of power.

Aaargh, I can't wait - scared that the money from the Thunderbird sale will run away
Old 12th March 2013, 20:39   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Aaargh, I can't wait - scared that the money from the Thunderbird sale will run away
You could become the first one on TBHP to buy a Honda Trigger which was launched yesterday..

I did like its looks, 150cc engine, claimed milage of 50+, and all these parameters make it a good buy IMO.
Old 15th March 2013, 12:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
You could become the first one on TBHP to buy a Honda Trigger which was launched yesterday..

I did like its looks, 150cc engine, claimed milage of 50+, and all these parameters make it a good buy IMO.
Oh thank you very much but no thanks. A "trigger"?
Old 19th March 2013, 17:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Booked the Impulse today. In green. 15 days waiting period. They don't even have one in stock or for display. Looks like Hero is really phasing out the Impulse. Hopefully spares won't be an issue. But knowing Hero "Honda", this won't really be a problem.
Old 21st March 2013, 10:19   #101
BANNED

Why not plant a fully blown up Karizma engine on Impulse? I had that plan but due to my move towards different segment I dropped the idea.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 20:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Why not plant a fully blown up Karizma engine on Impulse? I had that plan but due to my move towards different segment I dropped the idea.
Yes, once I run in the engine, I need to look for avenues to do that. Any ideas where I can source an engine? I see that it only requires minor mods.
Old 28th March 2013, 14:07   #103
BANNED

Try to source new engine from the showroom, it comes without engine number punching, so you can punch the same engine number as what you have in your existing engine, other option is buy used engine from Gujri its of used vehicle parts market located near Shivaji Nagar bus stop, but go with local guys good at bargaining.
If you are able to get the ZMR engine even better with its oil cooler and couple of extra BHP.
Quote:
Yes, once I run in the engine, I need to look for avenues to do that. Any ideas where I can source an engine? I see that it only requires minor mods.
Old 28th March 2013, 15:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Try to source new engine from the showroom, it comes without engine number punching, so you can punch the same engine number as what you have in your existing engine, other option is buy used engine from Gujri its of used vehicle parts market located near Shivaji Nagar bus stop, but go with local guys good at bargaining.
If you are able to get the ZMR engine even better with its oil cooler and couple of extra BHP.
Dude! Showroom? How will they even give me a new engine? I don't think that is even possible. And AFAIK, engine number punching is done in factory, not at the showroom.

Yes, checking for an engine at Shivajinagar sounds like an idea - but getting a good engine will depend on my bargaining and negotiating skills.
Old 28th March 2013, 19:40   #105
BANNED

Just check in showroom once and let me know, factory will send you blank engine, i have few 2 stroke blank engines and chassis in my collection sourced from showroom , hint for you, how the complete damaged chassis or engine gets their replacement.
Quote:
Dude! Showroom? How will they even give me a new engine? I don't think that is even possible. And AFAIK, engine number punching is done in factory, not at the showroom.

Yes, checking for an engine at Shivajinagar sounds like an idea - but getting a good engine will depend on my bargaining and negotiating skills.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed