Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 21:21   #76
BHPian

Re: I Live again: Thunderbird 500 Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insearch View Post
First Service and beyond:

The workshop itself is a small area. The kind that you and me would open, if we had limited means. I have been to a Honda workshop, long back and had found it very well organised, from the tool sets to the people. Coming back to RE, I can understand the temperament of the mechanics, since the work place is very congested and the firm's attitude may not give them an opportunity to be proud or satisfied with what they do. Saw a mechanic arguing with one of the seniors and challenging him to take action/fire him. I will resist the temptation to go into more detail and just leave you with this photograph of the main entry.
Attachment 1037272
I recognize the workshop as the one in Gachibowli, which opened recently. I visited there recently for a small part replacement. I agree with you --- the discipline there is awful. I'll go to my usual place (Ranjigunj) for my bike service (although the new workshop is just 3 km from my home, while the Ranigunj one is more than 20!). Worker indiscipline does not inspire confidence.
Old 15th January 2013, 21:32   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Hi Dry Ice,

What a stunning snap. Your Avenger looks 'extra long' in the snap, the bike version of the 'Caaar' perhaps. Good work by the photographer.
Thanks. And if I may, there are a few more here.

Quote:
What a snap! Yes it is the same road, clearly it used to be less busy, back then. And you are right about the model. In fact there are many other types available on the same site, for example with a retractable cord, or ones that can charge three devices at the same time.
Thanks Insearch, you are right about the traffic. I guess its to to with the ORR becoming operational a few kms ahead of this point.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Very interesting start to the thread and I was hooked. You certainly live your life as your heart says and i am purely jealous. I owned the prev gen thunderbird & I confess it still irks me (as to why i sold it). I sold it only because i did not do justice to her. Reading your thread only made me think again. Lets see if the new Thunderbird thunders back into my life.

Cheers and safe riding!
Thanks urajkumar. By the way, your Avataar is one of my favourite characters.
I hope I do not have to sell the T-bird for similar reasons. For now, life has been kind to me, rather than me having all the choices I want. Everyday compromises kill us slowly but surely. And then once in a while we all rise to reclaim ourselves. That is why the thread is titled, what it is.
I have had my tests though. As mentioned in an earlier post that I used to travel a lot (20,000 Kms a month). So I am glad to wake up in the same city every morning . May you find your space, soon! Meanwhile here is a photograph of the road that takes me home every evening.
I Live again: Thunderbird 500 Ownership-road.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I recognize the workshop as the one in Gachibowli, which opened recently. I visited there recently for a small part replacement. I agree with you --- the discipline there is awful. I'll go to my usual place (Ranjigunj) for my bike service (although the new workshop is just 3 km from my home, while the Ranigunj one is more than 20!). Worker indiscipline does not inspire confidence.
Are you satisfied with the Ranjigunj workshop? I have posted a link to a workshop, in my previous post, recommended by bblost. I think that me just be what we are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Thanks Insearch, you are right about the traffic. I guess its to to with the ORR becoming operational a few kms ahead of this point.
The photograph at dusk is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing and one question: are these taken by you?
Insearch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 10:42   #79
BHPian

Quote:
A visual delight, i concur. Tempts me to ask something similar for the new TB as well.

As Insearch asks, are you behind the camera?
sam_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 12:32   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The photograph at dusk is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing and one question: are these taken by you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
A visual delight, i concur. Tempts me to ask something similar for the new TB as well.
As Insearch asks, are you behind the camera?
Thanks guys. And yes, I shot these myself.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 14:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
You should get it at a shop that sells peripherals, like headphones, pen drives, etc. Many stores selling gadgets will also stock it. Best place would be to hunt in a mall. Also you can buy it online from a variety of websites. Do compare the prices though as also, buy as per your need. You may not need as much back up as I want, since I intend charging a GPS, Mobile and a bluetooth.
Thanks, I need as much backup as I can get since I will be using my phone's GPS continuously. Will look around at the prices before buying. If you don't mind can you say how much you bought it for so that I have a reference point?
Old 16th January 2013, 17:23   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mobike008. I had wanted to also check with you if the offer for joining your group of riders is still open.
Yes, ofcourse. Your more than welcome. More the merrier is our group's concept. Most of the group is leaving today for the Rider Mania 2013 in Shillong and they should be back by end of this month.

Will invite you when the next ride meet happens with "Wanderers". Mostly in Feb'13

Btw, there is a Car/Bike Drive meet proposed on Feb 3rd. Join up if you are free. Details here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ts-thread.html

Quote:
Thanks guys. And yes, I shot these myself.
Indeed. That's a fabulous shot. Do you work in the financial district? I am also there. Btw, why dont you join up for the Feb 3rd meet?
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 21:20   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Are you satisfied with the Ranjigunj workshop? I have posted a link to a workshop, in my previous post, recommended by bblost. I think that me just be what we are looking for.
I couldn't find the bblost recommendation, but it was probably Sudhakar Anna, the legendary Bullet mechanic based in Rani Gunj. But I am not sure Sudhakar handles the new UCE 500 bikes. (A couple of years ago, he found my TB350 UCE unfamiliar and new). Anyway, he has a very small working staff and is best with old-model REs. I meant the official RE workshop (originally at Rani gunj, but now shifted to Ronald Ross Road, just next to Mody Ford at the the Begumpet NTR statue cross-roads). Meet the boss, Purushottham; he himself doesn't get his hands dirty, but he has good well-trained mechanics on his staff. I have had no complaints are 4-5 services and some major repair-work on my thunderbird when a transport company wrecked it bringing it back from Gauhati, after the RE 2012 tour of Bhutan.

BTW, I recognize the road you commute on. I do the same every day, sadly in a car
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 22:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Thanks, I need as much backup as I can get since I will be using my phone's GPS continuously. Will look around at the prices before buying. If you don't mind can you say how much you bought it for so that I have a reference point?
I bought it for 4k from a mall, and it was an on the spot decision. So I guess, you should be able to buy it at a lower price if you take the time to compare prices. please do share if you get something at a bargain or is feature rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes, ofcourse. Your more than welcome. More the merrier is our group's concept. Most of the group is leaving today for the Rider Mania 2013 in Shillong and they should be back by end of this month.

Will invite you when the next ride meet happens with "Wanderers". Mostly in Feb'13

Btw, there is a Car/Bike Drive meet proposed on Feb 3rd. Join up if you are free. Details here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ts-thread.html

Indeed. That's a fabulous shot. Do you work in the financial district? I am also there. Btw, why dont you join up for the Feb 3rd meet?
Thanks, again. Yes I would be happy to join, I will eventually confirm on that thread once I am 100% sure.
Meanwhile please do offer your thoughts on a reliable service centre, which is becoming a cause for concern. I would like to identify it before any major need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I couldn't find the bblost recommendation, but it was probably Sudhakar Anna, the legendary Bullet mechanic based in Rani Gunj. But I am not sure Sudhakar handles the new UCE 500 bikes. (A couple of years ago, he found my TB350 UCE unfamiliar and new). Anyway, he has a very small working staff and is best with old-model REs. I meant the official RE workshop (originally at Rani gunj, but now shifted to Ronald Ross Road, just next to Mody Ford at the the Begumpet NTR statue cross-roads). Meet the boss, Purushottham; he himself doesn't get his hands dirty, but he has good well-trained mechanics on his staff. I have had no complaints are 4-5 services and some major repair-work on my thunderbird when a transport company wrecked it bringing it back from Gauhati, after the RE 2012 tour of Bhutan.

BTW, I recognize the road you commute on. I do the same every day, sadly in a car
Yes it is Sudhakar Anna I think. And thanks for clarifying his area of expertise. Hopefully I still have time, as my current set of problems is minor. Given your positive experience with the other workshop, I am game to try it, next. The issue is that I still have not recieved my service manual and hence I am not sure if the RE brand workshop will entertain me. Meanwhile, just raised the query for the mechanic with mobike008, also, above.

And I am surprised you recognise the road. Most Hyderabadis that I speak to, look bewildered when I mention the route/area. Would like to catch up sometime and learn a few things.
Regards.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:20   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I don't work there but stay nearby. About the meet, I have been a lurker on the Hyd meet/eating out threads for long now. My weekends are usually Mon-Tue or Thu-Fri :( . So end up missing most of the times, will surely try to make it to this one!
Old 17th January 2013, 12:17   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile please do offer your thoughts on a reliable service centre, which is becoming a cause for concern. I would like to identify it before any major need.
I can straight away recommend Mr.Purshottam from Kay Jee Engineers. Their workshop is situated at Begumpet near the begining of Minister Road.

Out of the 13 months that I have owned "Maroon Marauder", fortunately there has been not many issues. Only a few niggles here and there.

For example the one that I faced yesterday and check my thread to see how it was handled beautifully by him

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3017773

It works for me even more so as this workshop is about 5kms away from home and iam totally happy with Kay Jee
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 17:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I bought it for 4k from a mall, and it was an on the spot decision. So I guess, you should be able to buy it at a lower price if you take the time to compare prices. please do share if you get something at a bargain or is feature rich.
Have placed an order on eBay for the exact same product. Cost was Rs. 4,054/- including shipping but I applied a 6% off coupon and brought it down to Rs. 3,810.76/- shipped.

Last edited by Hells_Fury : 17th January 2013 at 17:11.
Old 17th January 2013, 21:54   #88
BHPian

Quote:
I can straight away recommend Mr.Purshottam from Kay Jee Engineers. Their workshop is situated at Begumpet near the begining of Minister Road...

...For example the one that I faced yesterday and check my thread to see how it was handled beautifully by him

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3017773

It works for me even more so as this workshop is about 5kms away from home and iam totally happy with Kay Jee
Checked out your thread, happy and relieved to hear a positive story of RE A.S.S.
Ok! So I have two choices to try out from, including the one suggested by Rollin' Thunda. Will share my experience whenever I try out one of them. Help appreciated...Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Have placed an order on eBay for the exact same product. Cost was Rs. 4,054/- including shipping but I applied a 6% off coupon and brought it down to Rs. 3,810.76/- shipped.
Rs. 189.24 saved! How about a cup of coffee ? Since you did your research, I am comforted by the fact that you also narrowed it down to the same product.

By the way, has anyone tried a bracket mount to hold the GPS on their bikes? I am thinking that it may be a good idea for a long ride. Unless the shaking stirs the GPS too much.
Old 17th January 2013, 22:52   #89
BHPian

Insearch,

Is that road somewhere around Kokapet/Gandipet/Dontanpalli?

Btw, I have a mobile phone mount lying with me. Havent gotten around to fixing it just yet. Looks simple, but I have some other idea running through my mind. You could probably take a look at it and see if something similar works for you.

PS:- Were you taking pictures of your bike few days back (probably last weekend) sometime around evening? I happened to pass by that spot and saw someone on a RE taking pictures.

Last edited by Motormania : 17th January 2013 at 22:53.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:21   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Checked out your thread, happy and relieved to hear a positive story of RE A.S.S.
Ok! So I have two choices to try out from, including the one suggested by Rollin' Thunda. Will share my experience whenever I try out one of them. Help appreciated...Thanks.
Mobike008 and I are speaking of the the same place (Kay Jee at Begumpet) and the same Purushottam!
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks