Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 12:59   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam extremely lucky to have a bike that is completely vibration free at any speeds until 100kmph+ speeds. This was experienced by another member (xydon) from Hyderabad who bought a C-500 and his new bike had way more vibrations than mine ( you can read his owernship thread on forum) and it was surprising to note that my bike was over a year old then and his was just a few days old and the newer bike had so much vibration

Basically it means quality of RE is inconsistent and depends on your luck and bike delivered to you (atleast thats my opinion) as there cannot be simply so many differences in same model

With regards to rattle, I dont think there is any rattle in any newer UCE 500cc bikes as the build quality of the overall bike is robust and strong but not necessarily tightly put together for the engine components.

However, the engine has vibrations after you cross a certain speed (over 100kmph in my case)
Most vibration complaints relate to variable balancing, due to inconsistent quality levels, on the crank shaft. This issue has been well documented on Bullet forums on Yahoogroups, and also explains why some bikes are relatively vibe free while others want to shake their nuts off.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 21:02   #107
Senior - BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for the STD500 to be launched in Bangalore. Finally I got a call from Teknik motors in Sarjapur road on 19th Sept saying that they are opening up bookings. I immediately rushed to the dealership to make my booking, but only to have disappointment. They are taking booking amount and will give only a paper receipt. They are not going to make an online booking. Called up few other dealerships and everyone said they are not open for bookings.

I felt something is not good and walked out without making a booking.

Anybody has idea on probably launch dates in Bangalore?
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:24   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post

Oh may be I missed out adding in my earlier feedbacks that the clutch is very smooth and even the gear shifts. Upshift and downshift was smooth and so was the clutch. Clutch and gear feel was much better than my friend's RE
Test drove bull's last month was disappointed with gear shifts, clutch & vibrations.

My heart was not ready to believe and hired a 350 Classic from enfieldriders and drove with them Mumbai-Nasik-Mumbai this month. Loved the ride hated the niggles and vibrations. Decision made its not gonna be a bull.

Took a test drive of CBR250 yesterday was unable to connect with the bike saw the bullet showroom open thought of trying the new 500 carb.
-1st gear and my reaction how come its so smooth after all this is a bull. -2nd gear wow the power feels good and clutch is butter smooth
- Post the 10min test ride how come its so smooth? After all its a bull.

Dilemma continues Classic 500 or the new butter smooth 500 carb.

Wanted to know from experts how come the 500carb is so smooth and so refined
e4gleeyez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Wanted to know from experts how come the 500carb is so smooth and so refined
It's a flip of the coin with RE. Some bulls are butter smooth and vibe free while the other half have several issues. Inconsistent built quality is a recurring feature, still, with the REs.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:51   #110
BHPian

Old school tech never dies. The carb'd Bullet should be the one you should choose, IMO.
Old 11th October 2013, 20:01   #111
Senior - BHPian

Bullet 500 is launched in Bangalore today with an onroad price of 1.64L. I made a booking for green color this morning with the brand showroom. Expected delivery time for early birds is 2 months. Both black and green color options are available.

Test drove one and the drive wasnt butter smooth. A Good amount of vibrations were there.
Old 11th October 2013, 20:20   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Bullet 500 is launched in Bangalore today with an onroad price of 1.64L. I made a booking for green color this morning with the brand showroom. Expected delivery time for early birds is 2 months. Both black and green color options are available. Test drove one and the drive wasnt butter smooth. A Good amount of vibrations were there.
What is weird is that the same model had no waiting in Delhi the last time I checked !!
Old 12th October 2013, 17:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bullet 500 is launched in Bangalore today with an onroad price of 1.64L. I made a booking for green color this morning with the brand showroom. Expected delivery time for early birds is 2 months. Both black and green color options are available.

Test drove one and the drive wasnt butter smooth. A Good amount of vibrations were there.
Congratulations Arjithin for your booking. The test ride motorcycle that I had driven in Pune did not have much vibrations (though it is present if you compare with a Pulsar). The onroad price in Pune is 160000. Welcome to the waiting period . I would suggest that you keep regular follow up with the dealership so that you get your prized possession well in time.
Old 28th October 2013, 17:13   #114
BHPian

I stopped at Teknik Motors, Iblur, Bengaluru at around 6:15 PM on 18/10/2013. Saw two new bikes, Bullet 500 newly launched, one was parked outside, was green in colour (second picture, not so clear due to low light), and the other was in the showroom which is black is colour. Price is approximately 1.64L INR. The delivery has not yet started, buy predicted waiting period is 6 months.

Has a carburettor, not Fuel Injection system like Bullet Classic 500. Rear wheel is same as that of Classic with drum brakes. Front has a disc.

Built like a gun with no nonsense electronics and no digital instrument clusters (really not required). Pure mechanical Speedometer, Amp meter gives a true feel of riding the Royal Enfield Bullet 500. I feel the tachometer is not needed as you can guess at what RPM you are in while listening to the thumps. Amp meter shows the power of battery found useful during electric start.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs-1.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs-2.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs-3.jpg  

Old 27th November 2013, 19:21   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello arjithin,

What is the news you have with regards to the delivery date? As per your post, I think you should be expecting the motorcycle pretty soon now? Please keep regular contact with the dealership for speedy delivery.

Thank you for keeping us updated with your intial ownership experience.

Best regards,
Old 27th November 2013, 20:13   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Hello arjithin,

What is the news you have with regards to the delivery date? As per your post, I think you should be expecting the motorcycle pretty soon now? Please keep regular contact with the dealership for speedy delivery.

Thank you for keeping us updated with your intial ownership experience.

Best regards,
Visited RE brand show room yesterday. Official word is a waiting period of 4-6 months. But had a discussion with Praveen ( store manager) and he expects to start the delivery of Bullet 500 by mid Dec.
Old 27th November 2013, 20:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hi Arjithin,

The update that I have received from Pune RE dealers is that till now only one STD 500 motorcycle has been delivered (that is mine). Though I do not take that statement on its face value, but till date I have not seen any other Std 500 either on the Pune roads. Had inquired at the dealerships as well, and per them they have not delivered any new 500s till now, just booking is going on.

So I would advise you to have a word with the dealer and pressurise him for making the delivery asap.

Regards,
Old 27th November 2013, 20:52   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hi Arjithin,

The update that I have received from Pune RE dealers is that till now only one STD 500 motorcycle has been delivered (that is mine). Though I do not take that statement on its face value, but till date I have not seen any other Std 500 either on the Pune roads. Had inquired at the dealerships as well, and per them they have not delivered any new 500s till now, just booking is going on.

So I would advise you to have a word with the dealer and pressurise him for making the delivery asap.

Regards,
Heard from my sales associate that RE hasn't received approval for registering bullet 500 in Karnataka yet. No ETA on when they will get it. They expect it soon.
The demo vehicle in the brandahowroom is still unregistered and they are not offering test drives now because of that.
Old 27th November 2013, 21:55   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heard from my sales associate that RE hasn't received approval for registering bullet 500 in Karnataka yet. No ETA on when they will get it. They expect it soon.
The demo vehicle in the brandahowroom is still unregistered and they are not offering test drives now because of that.
I would suggest you not to trust the words blindly. Please contact the ASM, through customer service ( if you do not have the name and contact details) and ask him for clarification.

There are other 500CCs available in your town I believe; moreover STD 500 has already been launched in Pune, Chennai and Delhi (just to name a few). So the reason that your storekeeper is giving, might be "fabricated".
Old 6th December 2013, 11:37   #120
BHPian

Has anyone tried the New Bullet 500? How does it compare with EFI? I heard there are few issues with the bike. Can someone clarify this?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks