Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2013, 09:22   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I would suggest you not to trust the words blindly. Please contact the ASM, through customer service ( if you do not have the name and contact details) and ask him for clarification.

There are other 500CCs available in your town I believe; moreover STD 500 has already been launched in Pune, Chennai and Delhi (just to name a few). So the reason that your storekeeper is giving, might be "fabricated".
Got a call from RE brandshowroom that mine is ready for delivery. Got the VIN and its a Dec 13 made vehicle. Will be taking delivery in 2014 Jan first week.

I will create a new thread with the ownership experience after delivery.
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:32   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Most vibration complaints relate to variable balancing, due to inconsistent quality levels, on the crank shaft. This issue has been well documented on Bullet forums on Yahoogroups, and also explains why some bikes are relatively vibe free while others want to shake their nuts off.

Cheers,

Jay
Hi Jay, try tightening all the nuts and bolts of the Chassis including and particularly those at the Engine mounting places. The old fashioned way, real tight.

This is how the vehicles are delivered from factory, god only knows why. I guess this needs to be added to the PDI list for Bullets.
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:38   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I am eagerly waiting for the STD500 to be launched in Bangalore. Finally I got a call from Teknik motors in Sarjapur road on 19th Sept saying that they are opening up bookings. I immediately rushed to the dealership to make my booking, but only to have disappointment. They are taking booking amount and will give only a paper receipt. They are not going to make an online booking. Called up few other dealerships and everyone said they are not open for bookings.

I felt something is not good and walked out without making a booking.

Anybody has idea on probably launch dates in Bangalore?
Not that I am supporting the RE blokes, but come on these are not the dark ages. I am sure there is a proper way of Quality control for atleast the machined and engine parts.

My two cents, if this was a Crank imbalance and/or weight problem for sure there would be massive engine problems, bearings, loss of power, seizures and what not.

I am sure there are more learned men and women than me on the Yahoo groups forum and even on TBHP, but Engineering basics do not permit me to fathom the fact this could be Crank problem. Atleast not in so many production vehicles.
Old 23rd December 2013, 08:58   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Got a call from RE brandshowroom that mine is ready for delivery. Got the VIN and its a Dec 13 made vehicle. Will be taking delivery in 2014 Jan first week.

I will create a new thread with the ownership experience after delivery.
Congratulations. Is taking delivery on Jan 2014 related to planetary positions? Or has it got anything to do with New Year procurement and thus saving one year at the time of resell?

If it is the later one, per my understanding, it makes no sense at all. Anyways, please let me know once you have the motorcycle in your possession and start with your own ownership experience.

Yesterday, during my first ride with fellow Bulleteers, I saw another Standard 500 (delivered just a few days back) and met another rider who has made the booking for the same model. Good to know that Standard 500 is now being rolled efficiently.

Best regards,

P.S. : I almost forgot. Please double check the Registration card details while taking the delivery. In mine, they have miss-spelt my name and also made incorrect entry about the model. (Classic 500 instead of Standard 500)

I am now following up with the dealership and RTO (my headache) to have these details corrected from the back end.
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:30   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Not that I am supporting the RE blokes, but come on these are not the dark ages. I am sure there is a proper way of Quality control for atleast the machined and engine parts.

My two cents, if this was a Crank imbalance and/or weight problem for sure there would be massive engine problems, bearings, loss of power, seizures and what not.

I am sure there are more learned men and women than me on the Yahoo groups forum and even on TBHP, but Engineering basics do not permit me to fathom the fact this could be Crank problem. Atleast not in so many production vehicles.
ShivShanker, not sure if you got the right message quoted. Also use multiquote if you are posting within 30 mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Congratulations. Is taking delivery on Jan 2014 related to planetary positions? Or has it got anything to do with New Year procurement and thus saving one year at the time of resell?

If it is the later one, per my understanding, it makes no sense at all. Anyways, please let me know once you have the motorcycle in your possession and start with your own ownership experience.

P.S. : I almost forgot. Please double check the Registration card details while taking the delivery. In mine, they have miss-spelt my name and also made incorrect entry about the model. (Classic 500 instead of Standard 500)

I am now following up with the dealership and RTO (my headache) to have these details corrected from the back end.
Thank you. I am not in town till Jan 1st enjoying XMas vacation, hence the late delivery.

Sure I will check the RC card. But as far I know the RC card will be sent to my address directly by the RTO a month or so later. So if they print it incorrectly; no other way than following up !!!

Last edited by arjithin : 23rd December 2013 at 10:33.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:16   #126
BANNED

I really don't like the small sized rear tyres. 19 inch rear would have been much better.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:22   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Got my Forest green 500 Std on last Thursday and really impressed with the power/ torque characteristic ( over 350). May be the first one delivered in Trivandrum.
Hi Vinod ,

I booked my standard 500 from Marikar Trivandrum . Any advice , experience or reviews to share. I am a bit concerned on the model being carb and the build quality.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:38   #128
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Except government office style behavior at Marikar.

Build quality has improved over the years and nothing much o worry about. And being Carb you have the flexibility in tuning and fuel economy can be better. I am getting around 34-35 KMPL in short trips within Trivandrum city with the original state of tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopash View Post
Hi Vinod ,

I booked my standard 500 from Marikar Trivandrum . Any advice , experience or reviews to share. I am a bit concerned on the model being carb and the build quality.
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 15:21   #129
BHPian

Thank you Vinod ,

Any modifications done to your bike ? Muffler , side carriage etc. If yes please do let me know more details like which place to get , where did you install etc

Do you have any good mechanic to recommend for great tuning of the bike. Did you get a chance to go to Mr Murugan ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks