Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 11:27   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched

The TVS Jupiter has completed one year in the Indian market. TVS Motor Company is celebrating this milestone, by offering a Special Edition of the 110 cc scooter. Only a limited number of the Special Edition Jupiter will be made.

The Special Edition comes in a Stallion Brown metallic body colour with beige inner panels. The front apron sports a Special Edition sticker. The scooter also comes with a "Dura Cool" seat, which TVS claims, retains lesser heat compared to normal seats when the vehicle is left out in the sun. The temperature of the Dura Cool seat is said to remain 10 degrees lower than normal seats.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-tvs-jupiter-special-editon.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th January 2015 at 15:23.
Old 15th May 2015, 13:37   #32
Team-BHP Support

The TVS Jupiter scooter, has crossed the 5 lakh sales mark. It has achieved this milestone in eighteen months since its launch in September 2013. TVS claims that it is the fastest scooter to achieve this reach the 5 lakh mark.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-tvs-jupiter-1.jpg
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 21:54   #33
BHPian

I was so close to purchasing this scooter but I have put it on hold just for the reason that I am hopeful that they will be out with a disc brake version soon.
This scooter indeed ticks all the right boxes. I like its 'please all, offend none looks.'
Good to see so many of them being sold! Instills confidence about the product.
Old 20th February 2021, 17:23   #34
BHPian

Since a couple of tank full's I used to have petrol leaks, when the Jupiter was parked.

Went to Chotu my FNG, he said let me open the carburettor and examine, he dismantled it, and found the rubber gasket between the sump (dibbi) and housing not so tight, (no spares available, you need to change the entire carburettor) humm, instead he cleaned it, along with the carburettor and installed it back, though a new T joint(auto fuel cork) was installed, air filter cleaned, basically half service done.
Auto fuel cork 180
Labour 100
Will keep an eye on any leaks.

My Jupiter is 2015 make with 11.9k km on the odo.
SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-img20210220170013.jpg

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-img20210220165952.jpg
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 12:11   #35
BHPian

I am planning to service my Jupiter BS4 (2017) model through some independent service centers. I find the authorized service centers are taking a lot of time and I am not sure whether they are properly changing the fluids or not.

I have few doubts. Shall I use Shell Advance AX5 4T 10W-30 for Jupiter?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00QK6ROQ6/...EZEI09BI&psc=1

Also What is the Transmission fluid I need to use. I find the owner's manual is not having information about this.

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-jupiter-lubricant.png

SCOOP! New TVS Scooter spotted testing. Update: TVS Jupiter Launched-jupiter-service.png

Also, what oil strainer I need to buy? Please provide an online link if possible.
Are oil strainer and oil filter are different?

Last edited by amvj : 1st April 2021 at 12:22. Reason: Added few more doubts
Old 1st April 2021, 23:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post

Also What is the Transmission fluid I need to use. I find the owner's manual is not having information about this.

Also, what oil strainer I need to buy? Please provide an online link if possible.
Are oil strainer and oil filter are different?
I am also in the similar boat, from what I hear, people buy a 1L bottle of engine oil and use the same for gear oil. I have also seen videos of people use the castrol 80/85-90 gear oil tube for gear oil. My local scooter spare store asked me to buy a bottle of Mak spirol EP 90 for my scooter and he claims that is what he gives to the scooter folks. So as of now, I am completely lost on what to buy. In short, I am also looking out for the right spec of oil to use as gear oil.

Oil strainer is a small filter that is attached to the drain nut, you just need to remove that and clean it, reusable.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 08:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am also looking out for the right spec of oil to use as gear oil.
I've been using Castrol scooter gear oil 80w 90 for both my scooters - Honda Dio BS4, Hero Pleasure BS 3. I change it every 6-7 months. Scooters are running absolutely fine, I can feel smoothness while accelerating after change of gear oil.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks